Fey

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hunter548

Fey

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Waaaaaay back when, the law of the land RE: fey characters was that they had to be Seelie fey, because the IG model was a pixie, and WYSIWYG. Given that the server is under new management, is this still the case, or can we play Unseelie fey, given that fey are the only ones naturally capable of worshipping the QoAaD, who of course hates all seelie fey?
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Fey

Post by Shadowy Reality » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Their alignment is still restricted to TN and NG as far as I know, I don't know how that would fit in the Unseelie.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Well, there's the argument that nothing on the alignment scale really fits any fey (Seelie fey are still gigantic, murderously xenophobic and mercurial jerks, despite allegedly being good aligned). The argument for no Unseelie fey in the past has also been, that because the model is a pixie, you must play a pixie (Even though Arelith also uses the same model for NPC fey who aren't pixies) and thus you must be Seelie, so no expansion to the alignments allowed.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Green2Bee

Post by Green2Bee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:45 pm

It's a little strange to insist that pixie characters are part of the Seelie Court itself just because of their alignment. Unlike the Unseelie Court, who will take anyone under the sun, the Seelie Court is quite snobby and is a very exclusive group. I don't think it makes sense to require all playerable character to be part of the court itself, unless by "Seelie" people just mean "reverent of Titania and her consort".

I wonder if it's like with drow where you can play evil fey if you get a Major Award?

Fey unfortunately aren't mortals. So it's highly unlikely for them to swerve from their alignment, just like dragons and outsiders don't. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

I imagine it's not just a pixie, since TN doesn't make sense for pixie. That would be what Nixies would be.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Having touched some Fey RP in the past I can tell you what my interpretation of pixies are. But this is by no means canon.

I didn't RP my fey as being part of the Court, of course she knew and revered them but she was just a spirit of the wilds.

I played a NG Fey. She mostly wandered the wilds, hiding, seeking interesting things and people. She was distrustful of most people and often layed down 'pranks' to test them. Now, in my view, fey are a bit detatched from mortal reality, thus their pranks can be dangerous, even deadly, but for her it was just a prank, just fun, no ill intentions.

How people reacted to her prank was the most important factor for my fey to define them as good folk or bad folk, after all, which kind of good person wouldn't think a good prank funny, huh?

I would say Unseelie is inherently Evil, and you'd need Fey alignment to open to Evil for that to happen.

WhatDreamsMayCome

Post by WhatDreamsMayCome » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:45 am

Cant wait to rp with Fey-Ohrmuzd.
"Remember my words and sends words"

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:36 pm

FYI, a TN fey PC is capable of selecting Queen of Air and Darkness as a deity.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Hence my confusion. Mith made it very explicit a few years back that, no, all PC fey must be seelie pixies. Has that restriction been lifted?
UilliamNebel wrote:

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Looks like I missed that memo!
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.