"Build Me"

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Urch

Re: "Build Me"

Post by Urch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:54 am

Sweet, thanks What_Evil_Lurks. I'll have a try with that when I get time.
For only $1 a day you can sponsor someone with chronic altitis.

Another day, another Doug.

jp.ping14

Post by jp.ping14 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Build me... The Lone Wolf!

For the Kai! For Sommerlund!

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Yo should summarize their abilities and such!

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Someone build me Kashisjohnny.

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Barbarian 10 Monk 10 Bard 10 CN

Faye

Post by Faye » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:59 pm

CN - 20 Warlock (Shark-Pact), 10 Shifter (Shark)

What do you mean "there's no such thing as a shark-pact"
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

Urch

Post by Urch » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:32 am

I was messing around with sorcerers offline last night. I ended up with this fellow;

The Umbermonk. Weave master sorcerer 10/monk 16/paladin 4 (this can be any class really, or even removed entirely for monk. It was mainly for access to divine wands, and charisma saves.)
This build was designed for the use of -guard, and as a quirky, gimmicky build. It's pretty bad vs anyone with access to dispels, but apart from that, it has improved evasion, high saving throws, mental high AC, which could be improved even more with friendly buffs.

Str 8 Dex 10 Con 10 Wis 16 Int 14 Cha 16
Every ability point was put into Wisdom.

level 1 - 10 Weave master sorcerer. Get expertise, improved expertise, and extend metamagic. Skill points put into spellcraft, concentration and heal. Saved the rest.
Spells chosen: (1) Mage armour, shield, protection from alignment, identify, ironguts, (2) cat's grace, owl's wisdom, bull's strength, knock, (3) haste, protection from elements, clarity, (4) Polymorph self (this is the key spell), stoneskin, (5), energy buffer.
level 11 - 15 Monk levels. I put skill points into tumble, discipline, concentration, heal.
level 16 - 20 Paladin levels. Discipline, heal, concentration.
Level 21 - 30 Monk levels. Discipline, heal, concentration, tumble. Anything remainder went into listen or persuade. I can't remember.
(I can't remember all the feats)
Feats, (non epic) I got expertise, improved expertise, still spell (this wasn't a good choice considering nothing merges in polymorph self, so armour is irrelevant. Swap for brew potion), extend spell, lightning reflexes, great fortitude, (epic) armour skin, great wisdom 1, epic reflexes.
(I can't remember the exact stats but...)
End game, with no items, had saving throws around 25-30. Naked AC was around 35. Fully buffed and with improved expertise and in troll shape, I had 59 AC, regen +5. Umberhulk shape gave 61 AC and true seeing. Spider shape gave 60 AC and freedom. I didn't try the other shapes.
AB was around 26, with 4 attacks per round. 16 AB with improved expertise.
Also had Ki Strike 3. Ki strike 4 was a feat that could be chosen in epic levels, but I chose great wisdom 1 instead, since it would grant another 1 AC from wisdom bonus.

Polymorph self does not merge items, so said character could effectively run around naked and not even bother with items at all. Can't hit a broad side of a barn though.

jp.ping14

Post by jp.ping14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 am

That's like... The hulk!

Anime Sword Fighter

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:39 am

^Urch
Can someone please make this as a character and see how it works for them??

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:02 am

Urch wrote: It's pretty bad vs anyone with access to dispels
This is not a small flaw. Being easily and readily dispellable is huge. 99% of the server has access to UMD, and dispel magic is very common in high-level PvE zones.

Why 10 sorcerer? Are you going to be reliant on casting spells? I'd argue a 20 monk/6 rogue/4 paladin would be better.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Urch

Post by Urch » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:20 am

10 sorcerer gives access to 5th circle spells, and hence extended polymorph self. That's all I really wanted to be honest. It's a terrible caster, but infinite buffs seems to work well, even with a low caster level. Besides, soloing high level zones isn't fun, and it's not hard to find a mage to buff for you. (well, it kind of is for me, but I can pull an all nighter and wreck myself the next day to find said mage, if I was desperate enough).

Also while going 20 monk/6 rogue/4 paladin might be pretty effective, it completely nulls the intent behind why I made said joke build. The intention behind it was making someone with infinite castings of polymorph self, and enough AC to effectively use -guard. It's not meant to be a powerbuild. Just something fun instead. Besides, I have found that weaker characters are more entertaining due to there being more challenge.
Of course, you could get a wand of polymorph self and use your build. However it also means you'd need to rely on other sources to get said spell, and if you have the experience I have with Arelith where you play at times where there is hardly anyone around, I have a tendency to make characters that are largely self sufficient.

Mithradates
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Mithradates » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 am

I'm crazy about self sufficient builds! My current main character has taken a lot of cross class skills to be almost entirely self sufficient and versatile. Even though she may not excel in pvp- one trick ponies aren't so much fun for me, so I love the sorcerer/monk/pally build. I'd be interested to try that :)

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Build me a Dirge-singer, I double-dare you.

What_Evil_Lurks
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by What_Evil_Lurks » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Can you point me towards a specific kinda dirge singer or anything else to direct the build a little more than that?
RED GANOT wrote:STEP 1: Stop being scared of conflict.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:18 am

Dirge-Singer with a voice so irresistible, even the dead answer its call....

Bard 14/Palemaster 16 (Take your 15 and 16 PM levels at levels 27 and 30 for three epic spells of choice- don't forget PM gets an altered Dragon Knight...)
Bard Song and Curse Song will effectively stack.

Do NOT take the song-duration increases. Ten rounds of bard song/curse song should be enough to end any nominal encounter with your group way ahead- if it isn't, you are going to want to be able to spam curse song as often as possible (every ten rounds) for the extra guaranteed damage, and bard song for the extra temporary hit points. (You cannot refresh until the current bard/curse song wears off.)

Feats to taste- personally I recommend greater spell focus enchantment and evocation, along with improved expertise.

Max your charisma, go all in as a battle alteration buffer/debuffer.

You will be immune to stun, sleep, paralysis, crits, and sneaks.

Naked + 30 Tumble + Spells + Bard Song + Improved Expertise = 49 AC.

Mind Fog will be a key level 5 spell (since you can't get epic spell focus) for dropping enemy will saves vs. your hold, charm, confuse, and war cry spells.

You will also get liberal applications of Cure Serious, Cure Critical, and Healing Circle.

Oh, and Ethereal Visage provides 20/+3 DR, which is nothing to sneeze at.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

High Primate

Post by High Primate » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 am

Coreybush11 wrote:^Urch
Can someone please make this as a character and see how it works for them??
This is a level 1 DM.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:28 pm

jp.ping14 wrote:Build me... The Lone Wolf!

For the Kai! For Sommerlund!
I LOVE it! I was one of those who swallowed the adventures of Lonewolf! (I inspired on that to create the background for my monk Aeon) :lol:

crazy amazing feeling of real adventures with sudden surprises! ah, those terrifying Hellgast!

Really... There was a try to make a NWN server bassed on this... Sadly never went so far cause we lacked scripters at that time. :(

Also... Magnamund was so huge XD

I could enjoy to see sugestions for a Lonewolf build...

I could guess them as Monk-Fighters-WM, Monks-Priests..., Monks-Rangers... and all the varieties depending their spec.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you