{Heartwood Grove} Faction Ranks (Explained)

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

{Heartwood Grove} Faction Ranks (Explained)

Post by The Kriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Too much information to include in the Faction "Messages" so I am posting it here.

This is for the players of characters who have been recently (within the last 2 months) been added to the {Heartwood Grove} faction. (I know there are a lot of you)

Here is a quick explainer for the ranks in the OOC faction:
(also for players of past character's have dropped out of the Faction due to PC-inactivity)

There are 10 ranks (presently) + one "Unranked" rank.

Rangers and Druid ranks run parallel as below (Rank titles omitted here)

(R1), (D1), (R2), (D2), (R3), (D3), (R4), (D4), (R5), (D5).

R1 and D1 ranks contain "new" members of the Heartwood Grove as well as other druids/rangers that have come through the Grove and identified themselves AS Rangers or Druids.

the R1/D1 rank doesn't necessarily mean you are a Member of the Grove, so if you log in, and see those little yellow letters in your command console that reads:

"There are active messages in the Heartwood Grove faction"

Don't worry... no one has proclaimed you Archdruid without your express permission. No need to drop out of the faction unless you OOC wish to isolate your character from any nature-walker/Druid/Ranger RP that is going on.

R1/D1 gives you access to the roster, and the OOC messages so that we can make sure everyone is aware of meeting/moot days/times/updates and locations. (new Heartwood Members are also placed into this rank by default)

R2 rank and D2 rank (sorry, Star Wars fans)
These are more formal membership ranks within the Grove faction. This is for PC's that have identified themselves as having actually joined the membership of the Heartwood Grove.

R3 rank and D3 rank
These are for players who are formal members who have been around (and active) for a considerable amount of time. What is a considerable amount of time? If you've been playing your Ranger/Druid PC as an active member of the Heartwood Grove, and you use it as your general/frequent base of operations for roughly a solid RL year? you generally get auto-promoted to this rank. -returning members who have also been very active for a long-long time are also pushed into this rank out of respect for their previous service to the Grove.

R4 and D4 ranks:
These are your very active members who have been around a long long time. long enough to where they have earned the respect due to seniority of any club/organization. R4's and D4's are borderline leadership ranks, and should a new head of faction be needed, GENERALLY the characters with this rank are the prime candidates (Not set in stone, just a guideline)

R5 and D5 ranks:
These are your faction leaders.

Unranked:
The "Unranked" rank is presently used for associates of the Heartwood, that are neither Druid nor Ranger. Maybe if we find ourselves with more than a few of you, a separate 'named' rank will be added, but for now, the "Unranked" rank is serving that purpose. "Unranked" faction members have access to messages and rosters.

Keyless-Entry for quarters associated with {Heartwood Grove} faction enabled for all rank-2 and above to enable a Faction-shared-quarter environment.

Summary: The Heartwood Grove faction is very loose, and very broad, has been expanded to by default include many characters that may do identify themselves IC as "Heartwood Druids" or "Heartwood Rangers" But still wish to be involved in "Nature-walker" RP.. the {Heartwood Grove} faction ranks are designed to promote and facilitate this.

p.s.
Yes, there are presently 'active messages' as well. (in case you were noticing that yellow text in your HUD console. ;)
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

livingNPC

Re: {Heartwood Grove} Faction Ranks (Explained)

Post by livingNPC » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm

I've had no luck each time I went there with my ranger. Always empty

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:23 pm

I've had the same problem with The Bramble Outpost, as well as Guldorand in the past, and to some extent Myon as well.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Bramble Outpost is getting re-newed. ;) There's criers and stuff.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 pm

I've found it's really hard to find common ground when it comes to naturewalkers. You can be of 5 different allignments if you are druid, 4 more for any other class. The amount of diversity is huge, and most of the times they don't go eye to eye.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Shadowy Reality wrote:I've found it's really hard to find common ground when it comes to naturewalkers. You can be of 5 different allignments if you are druid, 4 more for any other class. The amount of diversity is huge, and most of the times they don't go eye to eye.
Which is why I love druids so much, there isn't a set this is the right way to preserve balance this is wrong.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Sab1 wrote:Which is why I love druids so much, there isn't a set this is the right way to preserve balance this is wrong.
Absolutely, don't get me wrong. And it doesn't only apply to druids, rangers and other natue folk as well. What I meant is that that's why it's hard to get a tight and knit group together when it comes to nature groups.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Sab1 wrote:
Shadowy Reality wrote:I've found it's really hard to find common ground when it comes to naturewalkers. You can be of 5 different allignments if you are druid, 4 more for any other class. The amount of diversity is huge, and most of the times they don't go eye to eye.
Which is why I love druids so much, there isn't a set this is the right way to preserve balance this is wrong.
I think there is a general guideline, but it's more that good and evil as people in non-Druid ways look at them simply aren't an issue.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

P Three wrote:Bramble Outpost is getting re-newed. ;) There's criers and stuff.
That would be horrible. Unless of course it would be important to let the local goblin clans know what's happening around the cities, then it's wonderful!
8-)

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:22 pm

The Kriv wrote:
P Three wrote:Bramble Outpost is getting re-newed. ;) There's criers and stuff.
That would be horrible. Unless of course it would be important to let the local goblin clans know what's happening around the cities, then it's wonderful!
8-)
BRING IT ON BOYS! lol

Or, you know, girls. Or boys and girls. Or....bah.

I_Am_Death
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by I_Am_Death » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:21 am

P Three wrote:BRING IT ON BOYS! lol

Or, you know, girls. Or boys and girls. Or....bah.

Borls, or you now- Gioys