Loviatar related sourcebooks

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

miesny_jez

Loviatar related sourcebooks

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:18 am

Hi,

Can anyone point me to some links or books about Loviatar and her worship?

I am most interested in clergy and monk orders organization and structure, typical activities, their approach to non-belivers.

I did some digging on the net through google but beside general pages describing Loviatar didn't really come up with anything :( . If anyone has some reading material with Loviatar monks as the focus of the book I would be really interested.

Thanks

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Loviatar related sourcebooks

Post by Durvayas » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 am

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Loviatar.htm
^Best link I could find.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Loviatar
^General info

Lastly, a little information specific to clerics.

The Pain of Loviatar is a high cleric of the Cult of Loviatar. They believe that the world is filled with pain and torment, and the best that one can do is suffer these blows that cannot be avoided, and deal as much pain back to those who offend. Kindness is the best companion to hurt, and increases the intensity of suffering. The Pain of Loviatar grants mercy of sudden abstinence from causing pain and of providing unlooked-for healing come over his followers seldom, but at whim, so as to make them hope and increase the Mystery of Loviatar's Mercy. These clerics understand that unswerving cruelty will turn the folk against them. They give pain and torment to those who enjoy it as well as to those who deserve it most or would be most hurt by it. The lash, fire, and cold are the three pains that never fail the devout. The Pains spread Loviatar's teachings whenever punishment is meted out. Pain tests all, but gives strength of spirit and true pleasure to the hardy and the true. There is no true punishment if the punisher knows no discipline. The Pain of Loviatar wants all to know that wherever a whip is, there is Loviatar. Fear her—and yet long for her.
Though he is often ruthless, the Pain of Loviatar is nonetheless respected by members of his cult, to whom he provides penance and spiritual guidance, as well as the threat of a swift and painless death in return for absolute loyalty. Typically, only those with complete dedication to Loviatar will be able to embrace the suffering long enough to become a Pain of Loviatar. Followers of the Pain are typically beguilers, torturers, evil warriors, the depraved, the bored, and the wealthy.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks Durvayas, yeah I already saw that ones.

So still looking

METAL BAWKSES

Post by METAL BAWKSES » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Pretty sure someone mentioned there's a series of books about evil aligned gods and that one of them is about Loviatar. Think it's called "The Priests" series?
Active: Actually playing something again!
Hiatus:
Another wild mage
Inactive: Colette Fletcher
Colette Melchiott
Dhaun'stra
Sile
Fiore Vasari

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:06 am

Faiths and Pantheons and Faiths and Avatars pdf source books.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!