The Helmite Church.

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Naiphe

The Helmite Church.

Post by Naiphe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 am

Hello all! So I feel like I've finally settled on a character.

This is all freely available IC so no worries about meta gaming ;)

The Helmite church is starting up outside of Cordor. The faction is called "Halls of the Watcher" and we are looking to get an actual hall for it. Currently we have a shrine just north of Furths shop.

The current members are my character - Walter Mason - and Elvin Feren.

We are currently looking for individuals who fancy taking part in the church aswell as its soldiery. The church is divided up into sects of which members can be part of any and all sects.

Theres no neccessary definition of PC class either, for any sect. Even though FR lore dictates certain classes, I think its far more enjoyable for those players who are interested in church like or soldier roleplay or just plainly interested in Helm to play the character they want to play.

The church is divided up into sects, once we get a hall these will be listed in game with their members.

The Sects.

The Watchers: The clergy of the temple. Every member of the church of Helm is part of this sect; The ranks are simplified from FR lore. The ranks are Novice, Adept and Guardian. While FR lore dictates that Helmites mainly wear armour for ceremonial purposes this is of course not possible for all classes so the ceremonial wear is instead colour coded for the three ranks, which are detailed in game, and are cloth or robe based instead.

Companions of the One True Vision: Those who wish to be part of the soldiery of the church, but don't want to commit as much time as the Everwatch Knights. This sect contains all clerics, warriors, crusaders and magic weavers and will defend the church and lend their aid to those who need it. They are known for being unswervingly loyal shock troops able to follow orders asking them to engage the most difficult objectives without breaking and hold the most trying positions against overwhelming odds.

The Everwatch Knights: A group of highly dedicated bodyguards whom Helmite temples hire out to generate revenue. Part of the revenue goes to the bodyguard and part to the church. These are highly trained individuals able to serve as protectors of their ward in the home and on the battlefield in the selfless and dedicated fashion that only a Helmite can offer.

It is up to the individual to decide whether the money offered for their protection is a just cause, apt and worth the contracted time. For example:

A peasent who is moving home with his family in tow and has to travel through dangerous lands may offer 10 coin for several hours work, and the Knight may take the coin and donate 5 of the coin to the church and carry out his servitude because that person needs their help despirately and the cause is just.

However a Lord who has burned a town out of spite, whom has killed innocent people because they were in his way may offer riches in amounts unheard of to gain a Knight to protect him against a rival lord who will seek revenge for his slain people. But the Knight will more than likely decline, because the cause is not just.

The Watchers over the Fallen: These are the guards of the shrines and temples of Helm. They are often found on battlefields tending to the injured, or found in towns tending to those whom are ill or affected by diseases.

I hope people find some fun in my and Elvins creations :mrgreen: the aim is to be not entirely true to lore as I think its alot more fun if people feel they can play the character that they want to play, but has just enough from the original lore to feel like the real thing.

Please feel free to leave a message here, PM me on these forums or bump into my character in game somehow for more information!

May the Vigilant one protect you, that you may protect others.

Stath

Re: The Helmite Church.

Post by Stath » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am

H E L M
E
L
M
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:10 pm

H E L M
E L M H
L M H E
M H E L

This is the mystic acrostic.

Naiphe

Post by Naiphe » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:31 pm

We're particularly looking for a person or two to become a new Everwatch Knight alongside Elvin. Full training offered. Dental plan possible. Funeral expenses paid :mrgreen:

(Funeral expenses may or may not include bodily donation to the cordor feed the homeless campaign.)