Armor Chest Appearances

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Armor Chest Appearances

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Allow light armor (studded and below) to use any chest appearance from that range of base armor classes, and do the same for combined medium and heavy armor. (chain shirt and up)

There are several armor classes that have a very limited range of chest appearance, like banded armor, studded leather, and padded, while full plate, chain shirt, and leather have many good options. The new robes have added a lot of variety, but I still really like a lot of the base armor chest options, and it's a shame that they're restricted to specific types of armor, especially when many go so well with the new skirts.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Armor Chest Appearances

Post by Anatida » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 pm

1) New chest appearances are on the To Do list.

Issues with this particular suggestion, come down to the way chest (torso) appearances are handled by the game engine.

1) Appearances are only available based on base armor type. This is the AC value of the armor itself. So if you want appearance one to be available for cloth, leather, and studded armor, that model has to appear in the .2da 3 times. Once for AC 0, once for AC 1, once for AC 3 (my ac values may be off, but the principle is the same).

2) We are limited to 255 appearances TOTAL.

To my knowledge this is something that we can not override. Though, some script sorcerer may know otherwise!

Unless Beamdog changes (or has changed) the way this works, then you will get expanded options for each base type, as fairly as I can spread them.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch