Cooldown on Disguised Person Spam

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Cooldown on Disguised Person Spam

Post by Aellowyn » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:33 am

Failing to break the disguise of an individual, should generally leave someone thinking they're just another undisguised person. Unfortunately the OOC " " and failed roll are sometimes taken as meaning re-roll in the next 10 minutes to try and break the disguise again, which seems a little excessive and does not feel very much in the spirit of RP in general.

My suggestion it to add an in game day, or so, cooldown for re-looking at the same disguised person, per disguise (so if they changed it within the cooldown, they can be re-examined), to help curtail this behavior and prevent 'stalling' to keep people around just long enough to re-examine them.

Otherwise, checking them out again because they seem interesting, or you're just a curious/forgetful person, or some decent time has passed, seems fine.

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Cooldown on Disguised Person Spam

Post by Sincra » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:30 pm

I'm not a fan of making it part of the mechanics like above.
Instead this will be added as a setting that stops you breaking disguises while enabled.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.