Elementalist Annihalation and hammer effect

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

CapsLockRAGE

Elementalist Annihalation and hammer effect

Post by CapsLockRAGE » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:47 pm

As an elementalist I had a lot of fun picking out my spells to be themed to the weather. I chose air element and have a bunch of fun raining lightning and blowing over enemies with thunder cracks and gusts of wind. I specifically chose spells that fit that theme and I think it's always fun to have someone who's thematically focused instead of trying to make the most meta build.

Here lies the problem, The elementalists exclusive spells, Elemental Annihilation and Elemental Hammer look like a ray of godly light from the heavens, Even have a sound effect like angels singing This doesn't scream elementalist to me, It's the kind of spell I'd imagine a Cleric using to smite undead.

I would like to suggest that instead, we have custom spell effects that resemble whichever elemental path we chose.
An air elementalist would have a huge lightning bolt, like the call thunder spell, but bigger.

Maybe a firestorm like effect for the Fire elementalist

Ice storm for the water,

and something akin to earthquake or Meteor swarm for the earth Elementalist.

These are just what I thought up on the fly using assets that already exist in game. It's agreat spell all in all, but I just don't feel like I'm commanding elements when I use it.