Knockdown cooldown, NPCs/mobs

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Archon

Knockdown cooldown, NPCs/mobs

Post by Archon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 am

Please consider removing knockdown cooldown while fighting mobs. Current KD cooldown (while already an annoyance for melees during an era of caster overlords) is crippling for classes relying on sneak attack to get by.

PvE content for rogues and assassins is going to be an extremely unfun experience to a point of making classes obsolete and removing all ability to solo adventure.

It is a quality of life feat for STR characters in PvE just the same.

(edit. this aside there's more reasons why the change is bad, but PvP discussion is probably had elsewhere. KD has a counter play. As it stands sneak attack class flailing to KD, or flailing to kill a caster during KD duration is dead. Ab is not amazing and is easy to counter by skill/gearing/feats discipline).

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Knockdown cooldown, NPCs/mobs

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 pm

As I recall the cooldown on KD was designed to have little impact on mobs (mostly because one KD is the most some creatures need), if this is not the case, and rogues are truly being impacted by this change I'm definitely open to this suggestion.

I will await further data on how rogues are currently faring.