Quality of Life change to "Zoo spells"

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Quality of Life change to "Zoo spells"

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Many people plan their gear around the buffs they intend their character to use, often planning to maximize their primary attributes with spells like Bull's Strength or Cat's Grace. Usually reaching +12 on all relevant attributes requires at least one, if not several high rolls on these stat buffs - and NWN RNG can be a bit tricky at times.

I have seen screenshots of at least a dozen successive rolls of +2 and +3, where the character in question needed +4 to maximize their stat.
(Some builds need such rolls for three of even four stats - which can be quite annoying)

That's why I'd like to suggest multiple casts of "zoo spells" to stack, but only up to a bonus of +4.
Maximized spells and higher rolls than +4 should still yield the results they do now - but low rolls can more easily be compensated with another spell, which will make the game more fun for everyone! :)

I don't see any balance concerns regarding this change, as people can and do currently reach the very same numbers; they are just forced to waste several additional wand charges or potions to do so.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Quality of Life change to "Zoo spells"

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:21 am

Approved, a bit QoL improvement.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Quality of Life change to "Zoo spells"

Post by ActionReplay » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Done, coming next update.