Remember old plots in Restful Mind?

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Fallout

Remember old plots in Restful Mind?

Post by Fallout » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:01 am

I always liked in old UD those places like Restful Mind to what you needed to walk long time to get there and than getting most unusual RP as PCs would plot there something, or seeing ocult people, or simply surfacers, or that vagon that is now in Petrified forest...well i find these places amazing for mistic and shady RP, and with new toolset and graphics i bet amazing things can be made and contribute to that angle of RP.

We often find mobs to be a challenge, why not make such maps with some "eye-candy" (with this new graphic features) in the end, example is having a map that has a river but on "roll" by entering it changes (like abyss or sibayad outskrits) to same map but with "less river" enough for PCs to pass into the tunnel that you couldnt before therefore making the feel how maps are "alive", what UD is for sure.

make on such maps skills like, climbing, bluff, preform, to matter.

With all this portals its a bit instanced once you get to higher levels and discover them all, this would offer that element of suprise, maybe wouldnt be used as 99% of other maps, but sure would give more praise to the Arelith as a server that provides depth in this way as well.

And aye, i know priorities and time conzuming be burden over this kind of project that looks like construction of UD tourism sites :lol: for DEVs, so this suggestion is for DEV that got tired of his work :lol: , and would like to make this as somethig more to relax its mind but actually make something "sweetly dangerous", map that tells a story on its own. :twisted:

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Remember old plots in Restful Mind?

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Rejected. If this is a suggestion for instanced/procgen areas: not in the cards in any foreseeable future. Otherwise, not to be rude but I honestly don't understand what you're trying to suggest in all that text. You're welcome to post a new suggestion with clearer and more concise parameters of what you have in mind.

Done.