Constitution perks

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Constitution perks

Post by godhand- » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:44 am

Currently there is very little, if any reason to go beyond 21 constitution on any build, perhaps 22 max. As such there is far less incentive for a tanky support build to be played via constitution methods.

To create some encouragement to fill the roll of tank, as dwarven defenders could, perhaps dwarven defenders and other con heavy builds could be rewarded for going deeper into constitution than strength.

I have three ideas i have are potentially for Earthkin defenders and other tanks are:

Allow DD to have extra dammage immunity, capped by both their level and constitution.
This could allow a theoretical potential of UP TO +20% Damage immunity, if they had both 20 DD levels, and a con modifier of 20

Provide additional DR (flat damage) based on your constitution modifier divided by 3 - so at 40con with 15 Modifier you would get 5 extra DR

Allow Epic Damage reduction to be taken more than 3 times.

Numbers of course could be tweaked to what is proposed, but i feel the tank role in melee is lacking and the above could encourage that.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

garrbear758

Re: Constitution perks

Post by garrbear758 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Denied. Earthkin defender is being extensively reworked. Flat bonuses to anyone with high con or allowing more than 3 EDR feats will buff warlocks and druids who don't need the improvements.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted