Character Deletion on PGCC

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

AstralUniverse

Character Deletion on PGCC

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:07 am

Characters are automatically deleted on pgcc when you dont log on them for a month.

First of all I would like to say I can certainly understand why. The amount of garbage piling up in that vault would be unbearable otherwise.

However, I would like to suggest a command that flags characters to not be deleted. Maybe limit it to 10-20 characters per CDkey. The reason is that for players who like crunching numbers and concern themselves with balance, et cetra, it would be great if I could for example keep a record of a character I played live and rolled, along with their stuff from live which cannot be replicated on pgcc to the same accuracy. I would really like to keep some of those characters, or otherwise characters to which I brought consumables and other stuff from the live server. Having to log on to each of these characters once a month is none realistic. Over all it would help testing things and finding overpowered or exploitive stuff to higher accuracy.

Thanks for reading.

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Character Deletion on PGCC

Post by MalKalz » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:48 pm

Currently I only allow for characters modified (which means accessed) in the last 14 days to remain. Anything else is deleted. What I can do is increase that allowance to a month; however, I would rather not waste time deviating any database structures from the live servers on the PGCC - I'd like to keep them 1:1 in design.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.