Good Monsters alignment shift

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Kythana

Good Monsters alignment shift

Post by Kythana » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 pm

Something I've recently noticed is a combination of rules, that if changed slightly, could foster a lot more interesting potential RP.

In order to create a good aligned monster, you need to submit an application(or have 40 RPR) and use a normal award.

Additionally, you cannot apply an award to an existing characters, nor can you apply a new award on a remake.

I think an exception should be made to allow remaking a monster with their new alignment, with an application(as well as a certain amount of expected rp) and an award usage.

Right now, good aligned monster just show up already with the alignment they want, and the only character arc available is to either stay good aligned, or drift into monstrous tendencies.

I think the reverse should be permitted as well, allowing the characters to grow over time, and would actually encourage playing out more interesting arcs for those eventual good aligned monsters.

Edited: I forgot other races existed.

Last edited by Kythana on Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Good Monsters alignment shift

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:49 pm

Just for some clarification: The award can be used on any Monster Race (Drow, Kobold, Derugar, Derro...) that doesn't need an award to be made (as you can't use two awards on the same character.)

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)