Accidental selection of Maximize Spell Feat without knowing uses and request for level reset.

Moderators: DM Symphony, Active DMs, Forum Moderators

BossRoss

Accidental selection of Maximize Spell Feat without knowing uses and request for level reset.

Post by BossRoss » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:20 am

So my underdark warlock just reached level 9, and in a rush to level her up I breezed through the feat selection, accidentally choosing Maximize Spell without realizing that it doesn't function at all, for warlocks particularly. I assumed it was because warlocks are given a set spell book, which makes the feat completely useless because I wouldn't be able to access any maximized version of the given spells. So is it out of the question to request being reset back to level 8? It took after making the blunder to realize what my intended pick was supposed to be... I just don't want to go with having a useless feat. Also, I REALLY don't want to have to recreate her.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Accidental selection of Maximize Spell Feat without knowing uses and request for level reset.

Post by Echohawk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:48 am

Two things, FL doesn't really have anything to do with this issue.

I would send a PM to the Active DM Team here in the forum to see about any options with feat swapping with this new knowledge.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Profile has full Character list.
Echohawk#0623
Availability Mon-Tues (all), Wed-Friday (PST Evenings)

BossRoss

Re: Accidental selection of Maximize Spell Feat without knowing uses and request for level reset.

Post by BossRoss » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:28 pm

Well, ha, I just saw the word, and automatically assumed that's what it's intended purpose was. But thanks. I'll figure out this forum eventually....

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 pm

No worries, man. I'd ping the DM channel in game as well, or see if you can connect with a DM in discord. They'll be able to sort you out.

The Question & Answers sub forum is kind of our catch all for requests. If you don't know where a specific topic should go, I would put it there.