Unable to connect to the Vault

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

JediMindTrix

Unable to connect to the Vault

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 am

Hi,

Since yesterday I've been unable to connect to the new vault. One other person told me that they were able too... my question is: are you able to connect to it? Is there anyone who can help me troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

-JediMindTrix

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Unable to connect to the Vault

Post by Mithreas » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:26 am

I can hit it now. So it's not apparently a global problem.

Are you on a university or corporate LAN? It could be blocked?

Taking a packet capture and seeing what happens when you try and reach it might help, if you're not getting an error code.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 am

I'm on a home LAN; I turned off proxy settings, reset my TCP/IP protocol, and have succesfully pinged the website. I'm unable to flush the DNS from here and the router is in a place that messing with it would wake someone up, but am fairly sure that might fix the problem.

Meantime I'll try the packet capture method.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:52 pm

If anyone is wondering, failing a log-in attempt can sometimes trigger their system to autoban an IP. Contacting werelynx on the bioware forums is your best bet to getting it fixed.