New CD Key, old player

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Individual Thought Patterns

New CD Key, old player

Post by Individual Thought Patterns » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am

Hello

Please forgive me if this is placed in the wrong area and feel free to delet this/lock or something.

I used to play a while ago under a different CD key (could not locate the original one). I'm wondering if a DM might be able to help me out with playing under a previous account name that I had? I understand the BioWare servers are dead now and I live in a different area too, so can't help with IP tracking. I do know the password for the account if that has any kind of help, or we can think of some other way I can prove it?

I understand if it's a security issue and I do have a new character anyway, but thanks.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: New CD Key, old player

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:27 am

Contact the Devs directly for this.

Post by Individual Thought Patterns » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:29 am

Whom should I contact? I cannot remember any names of developers.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:30 am

Contact Irongron or Dunshine.

Post by Individual Thought Patterns » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 am

Np.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 am

You should actually send a forum PM to the 'Active Admins' group rather than contacting individual developers or administrators directly -- this goes for almost every issue. If you don't, sometimes your query might get lost in the void for a while if the particular person you've tried to contact is busy or away.

Rule of thumb is:

- Code Contributors and Active Admins for any sensitive/urgent bug report. "When I type -level 30 it sets my level to 30!" or "I killed an NPC in Cordor and he dropped a +10 scimitar!" or "since the latest patch every time I kill somebody with finger of death their character is deleted!".

- Active DMs for any in-game requests or reports or calls for help. "Help, I really want you to run a special quest for me!" or "Jim and Sally are being mean to me!" or "Jake ganked me with no RP and I'm not happy about it, not happy at all!".

- Active DMs and Active Admins for any time-sensitive in-game issues. "There's a half-orc teleporting around and griefing everybody!" or "the servers are soooo laggy I can't do anything!" or "everything on the servers is broken pls reset!".

- Active Admins for anything that can't be handled by the DM team or for sensitive reports. "Please transfer my characters from one account to another!" or "I have uncovered an underground ring of DMs who give boosts to each other's characters!" or "I want to use my major gift so that I can play a horse and be ridden by other players who will use me as their mount and it would be cool if I had flames instead of fur and if my eyes were red and if I had +12 cha and if I could also be a harper that would be great, please help asap!".

- Active Admins for anything related to the wiki or the website. "Can you make me an account on the wiki?" or "somebody put a giant dong on one of the wiki pages, help!" or "none of the links on the website have worked for over a year, what's the deal?".

The Melancholy Harmony

Post by The Melancholy Harmony » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:20 am

Scholar Midnight wrote: - Code Contributors and Active Admins for any sensitive/urgent bug report. "When I type -level 30 it sets my level to 30!" or "I killed an NPC in Cordor and he dropped a +10 scimitar!" or "since the latest patch every time I kill somebody with finger of death their character is deleted!".
Or I found +5 regen fullplate....
Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Not sure if halfling or slutty child.
IG Quotes
Aumus Marque wrote:I'm a pink unicorn!!!!

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:26 pm

kinda off topic but how does this work? Does our CD key secure our characters?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Yep. This used to happen via the Bioware master server, but since it went away, we've implemented our own security.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Basically:
Your CD key = your account.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Baratan

Post by Baratan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Good to know. I've been wondering if my character had any security.

Does the in-game login information mean anything?

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Scholar Midnight wrote:You should actually send a forum PM to the 'Active Admins' group rather than contacting individual developers or administrators directly -- this goes for almost every issue. If you don't, sometimes your query might get lost in the void for a while if the particular person you've tried to contact is busy or away.

Rule of thumb is:

- Code Contributors and Active Admins for any sensitive/urgent bug report. "When I type -level 30 it sets my level to 30!" or "I killed an NPC in Cordor and he dropped a +10 scimitar!" or "since the latest patch every time I kill somebody with finger of death their character is deleted!".

- Active DMs for any in-game requests or reports or calls for help. "Help, I really want you to run a special quest for me!" or "Jim and Sally are being mean to me!" or "Jake ganked me with no RP and I'm not happy about it, not happy at all!".

- Active DMs and Active Admins for any time-sensitive in-game issues. "There's a half-orc teleporting around and griefing everybody!" or "the servers are soooo laggy I can't do anything!" or "everything on the servers is broken pls reset!".

- Active Admins for anything that can't be handled by the DM team or for sensitive reports. "Please transfer my characters from one account to another!" or "I have uncovered an underground ring of DMs who give boosts to each other's characters!" or "I want to use my major gift so that I can play a horse and be ridden by other players who will use me as their mount and it would be cool if I had flames instead of fur and if my eyes were red and if I had +12 cha and if I could also be a harper that would be great, please help asap!".

- Active Admins for anything related to the wiki or the website. "Can you make me an account on the wiki?" or "somebody put a giant dong on one of the wiki pages, help!" or "none of the links on the website have worked for over a year, what's the deal?".
Sticky material!

Done.