New Guy on the Block

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

YellowGin

New Guy on the Block

Post by YellowGin » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:11 am

Hello!

My name is YellowGin and I'm a guy in college going for Software Engineering and a minor in Theatre. It's not as good as it sounds. I'm heading to work in a factory in a few weeks to start getting some money in the bank for me to pay for college with.

Theatre is kind of a dream thing of mine. I'd love to be an actor somewhere off-off-Broadway, which is probably a crazy thought on it's own, but I just know that if I had the smallest chance to go act professionally I'd jump ship on this whole college thing and drive to where I'd need to. If it was a real chance, of course, a real, real chance.

I hope I don't sound like "A Holier than Thou" person, 'cause I'm not really, my tone just isn't consistent in person and especially online, so I constantly try to clarify what I'm sayin' cause I don't want to sound like a mean guy.

So yeah, I'll hopefully still around as long as possible.

Nice to meet you all.

Hopefully it wasn't too weird lol

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: New Guy on the Block

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am

Welcome aboard! Hope you have fun!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:14 am

Welcome!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:34 am

Hi there.

I went to a performance university myself (though studied writing) and minored in Anglo-Saxon History (Handy for Arelith!) as well as doing a bit of astrophysics (because why not?), I also funded it by working a variety of different jobs, so I think I probably understand your position.

You should definitely check out the two theatres we have in Cordor for players to stage productions.

I probably shouldn't get so parental but I'm going to say this anyway...

Arelith is great, truly, but it can easily suck you in. Players here often say 'RL comes first' but in the case of actually studying at University this is especially true. I spent most of my last 2 years at University on Arelith, and was lucky to get through with a decent grade despite managing my study time very badly indeed.

So yeah, welcome to our server, and I hope you enjoy it.

Just don't enjoy it too much...

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:43 am

Hey and welcome!! :) don’t worry you didn’t sound at all that way, and you’re not the only one who feels like at .... all the time :p I have a habit of sticking my foot in my mouth, and at the risk of sounding what you described up above or anything other than genuine gratitude and inspiration- you got this. But Maisie says it better

https://youtu.be/TTYOpfGvlwc
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

Bibliophile

Post by Bibliophile » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:00 am

Welcome to the server and hope to run into you IG. Just give a shout if you have any questions. We are all relatively friendly.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:38 am

Welcome! Hope to see you IG and have lots of fun. Good luck with your studies, it sounds like you're on a great journey :)

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Rhavin76

Post by Rhavin76 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:39 am

Welcome to Arelith, was nice to meet you ingame.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:40 am

Welcome to Arelith, friend!

On a server that asks you to maintain character the whole time while logged on, I think you might find a good bit of enjoyment here! The forums are a good place to start. There is also an Arelith Discord channel, if you use Discord. That's a good place to look to for some help with you character's build, with lore and with any other information that isn't "find out in game."

Feel free to ask about for help. It's a very welcoming community. Have fun!