On the Topic of SEVERAL people leaving

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheSandiestcomet

On the Topic of SEVERAL people leaving

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Perhaps not as evident to people who're only on the forums, and not the discord, there's been a LOT of people leaving the server, for one reason or another.

Maybe it's time for the administration to evaluate what they're doing wrong?
Elinoa - Surface

DarknessOfDespair

Re: On the Topic of SEVERAL people leaving

Post by DarknessOfDespair » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Maybe Arelith isn't for those people? Its kind of audacious of you to just put the blame on the administration, without even going into why people left/are leaving. As someone who's played here for 10 years+ on and off, I haven't noticed a huge reduction in players. Still more than played a couple years ago.

Your passive aggressive accusation without substance is kinda lame, to be honest.

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm

That wasn't passive-aggressive at all. Today, a lot of people have left, and they attribute it to how the server is being run and changed at the moment which is making it not fun.

So, how can that be changed?
Elinoa - Surface

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm

People come, people go. I left over what, in hindsight, was an absurd reason (I blew a situation up bigger than it was, made a mountain out of a molehill.). As was said to me when I left back then: We'll keep the porch light on for you should you wish to return.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:58 pm

theCountofMonteCristo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm
People come, people go. I left over what, in hindsight, was an absurd reason (I blew a situation up bigger than it was, made a mountain out of a molehill.). As was said to me when I left back then: We'll keep the porch light on for you should you wish to return.
I did the same thing, albeit I was only gone for a few months lol.

But yea, I've been here for many years and people have come and gone all the time, about half a dozen RL friends of mine quit like 3 years ago because of changes they didn't like but the servers never been more populated as it is these days, it happens.
I've lost count of the amount of players that have left over the years for various reasons but it pales in comparison to the influx of new players.

This is, after all, Irongron and Co's playground, we're just allowed in is all.

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:00 pm

While I'm sure this thread has the potential to be either awesome and inspiring, or a salt filled land mine that explodes on impact, I'm going to safely assume the latter is more likely than the former, and close this
If you want to leave, do so with our blessings, and no ill wishes. If you want to stay? Same. What I don't want is a dramatic flounce that makes others feel bad.
What is woven will be.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 pm

There isn't any reason to make a soap box out of people leaving. People come and go, as stated above. Even I departed for a while, for about two years, a few years ago.

Sometimes a break just helps. Many will return and the light will always be back.

Edit: Atropos beat me! >:(
Please don't feed my sister.