5% Dreams - Answer Individually

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

JubJub

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by JubJub » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Full blooded orc or the demonic types you see in orclands.

I just hope they are spread out over all rewards as the minor and normal races always seem a bit blahh.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:32 pm

The true 5% dream for me.
Class access or specialization access: Prestige class: Dragon Rider, possible required classes of Paladin/Blackguard/Champion of Torm/Knight

A cooldown EDK would be only usable for combat 1/rest. Or on a sizable 30 minute cd, this could be also scaled up as the dragon grows in power.
Other uses for cooldown EDK are to:
Mount - fly to x portal source or set location. Perhaps even with a new location only reachable by dragon riders.
Trade - Purchase only, but it could be a means to free up bag space. Allow them to take up gems from a pouch, scrolls, jewelry boxes.

There could also be a scaling system where a Dragon Rider starts with a tiny hatchling and works their way through the wyrmling, young adult, and full adult phases. Where the 16th level of Dragon Rider allows for the dragon to be full size. The mount ability being available only after the dragon companion is adult sized.

Just a sort of what if, dream bs idea. I'm sure it could be more expanded upon on technical.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

the grim yeeter

Post by the grim yeeter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Spyre wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
Jagel wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Spyre wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:46 am

[*]Cambion
These are a thing? What are the stats?
+2 STR
+4 CHA
Darkvision
Infernal Language
+3 ECL

Three specific shapes dependent on level:
1 - 9: Imp Form (5 DR, SR 10, Regen 1, Fire Damage Immunity 25%)
10 - 19: Osyluth (10 DR, SR 20, Regen 3, Fire Damage Immunity 50%)
20 - 30: Pit Fiend (15 DR, SR 32, Regen 5, Fire Damage Immunity 100%)
If the plan is to keep these as an option for a 5%, for the love of god make them less powerful than this.
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:46 pm

Whilst I really appreciate the feedback here (and indeed, agree with some of it too!) the main purpose of this thread is to work out, at a base line, what people want to play for their 5%.

5% should be somewhat aspirational. Now we're removing custom options, I want the automated ones to be full of cool stuff that gets people excited. A vareity of fun concepts and ideas that enthuse and inspire. So far Sentient Golem and some form of natural Lycan are the two options I'm seeing most option (which, by the by, makes me very happy as one of those is on my 5% wishlist too!)
This has been the source of some great ideas, and be assured - issue such as power creep, ect are being taken into account as well!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Pseudodragon.

Always wanted to try my hand at playing one. Truth be told, not sure I could pull it off but it could be fun.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:38 pm

the grim yeeter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:27 pm
Spyre wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm
Jagel wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm

These are a thing? What are the stats?
+2 STR
+4 CHA
Darkvision
Infernal Language
+3 ECL

Three specific shapes dependent on level:
1 - 9: Imp Form (5 DR, SR 10, Regen 1, Fire Damage Immunity 25%)
10 - 19: Osyluth (10 DR, SR 20, Regen 3, Fire Damage Immunity 50%)
20 - 30: Pit Fiend (15 DR, SR 32, Regen 5, Fire Damage Immunity 100%)
If the plan is to keep these as an option for a 5%, for the love of god make them less powerful than this.
This one was developed in the past. And, likely can be revisted by the current team to rebalance as needed.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:42 pm

I would spend my 5% on a Minotaur monster race.

Aurian

Post by Aurian » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 pm

*drools all over the Cambion*

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:02 am

Skeleton key that circulates back into the matrix when it's used or after a certain amount of time has passed.

Shapeshifter that can copy anything similar to Clone.

A quill (circulates as above) that can copy other people's signatures if you have something signed by them.

Stealth that can beat True Sight

Custom spell that can summon a physical barrier

Able to make antimagic areas.

Illusionist that can change others' appearance. 'I didn't know you were a palemaster!'

Able to increase other's language learning in proximity

Ability to hear Whispers out of range

Able to summon a coffee golem

All I got for now
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:47 am

Minotaurs would be pretty cool. So would tanarruks, full-blooded orcs, and CG/LE/CE paladins.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 am

Some others have suggested this, but, my personal list?

(0-0) Slaadi (*spins one bulbous eye to the quaking peasant* WAH-TOO-NO-JEH!)

('-') Lich (nuff said)

~i-i> Greater Werewolf/Werewolf Lord (the evil kind, no goody two-shoes ones, w/ ability to infect the lesser curse)

(' ') Doppelganger (some might say too close to Rakasha, but here the ability to insta-copy appearance...also, its not a fiend)

Some GOOD alignment spectrum options would be nice, but I dunno here, this has never been the Monster Manual's strong point.

I do hope that we also consider reshuffling the Greater and Normal awards soon too. Some on the proposed list (I'm lookin at you Minotaur) don't particularly seem to rise to the level of a 5%.
Last edited by RedGiant on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

satan

Post by satan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:01 am

Zombie/Shadow/Spirit race, for undead rp

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shadar-kai
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:52 am

White Stag Totem Druid; Polar Bear Totem Druid; Rothe Totem Druid; Lion Totem Druid

And since we have haks now, these would be fun to play in the UD:

Earthworm Totem Druid

Mole Totem Druid.

Myconid Totem Druid. (I think they are just considered plants?)

I would have endless amounts of fun with any of these. I could also think of a lot of ideas in the same vein concerning ranger animal companions, like a blink dog.

Or actually playing a blink dog.

I'd also enjoy playing a tanarukk.

Anyway,

*Goes back to doing nothing but forum lurk.*
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:25 am

This idea would take a lot of thought in practice because of balancing issues, but I would like to see something that adds feats to certain classes that are flavorful but you normally don't have room to take. An easy example, a merchant rogue 1st level gets silver palm, 6th rogue level gets skill focus appraise and 21st rogue level gets epic skill focus appraise. Perhaps a level 30 rogue could get 90% of full value for items from merchants. Similar things could be done with other skills like search, spot, bluff, hide/ms, ect...Just ways to become the best at a skill without completely gimping your build to achieve instead of deciding on some obscure sub race for people who may have no interest in playing said list of sub races.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 am

Here I was thinking this thread meant that I had become a 5% reward.

Things I have considered as 5%'s are (sorry if this repeats other ideas, I didn't read through):

- Unique Druid Totem options: Stag, Crocodile (basilisk model?), Badger, Dragon, Mist Dragon.

- Natural Werewolf (other lycans also). Can turn into a wolf (or other animal), can turn into a hybrid, can't be cured by wolfsbane, has more control over shifted shapes (except during moon phase).

- Doppelganger. I suggested this already in suggestions, so here's a quick explanation of how it fits in. These creatures infiltrate for different reasons to Rakshasa. They are incredibly different in terms of what they are, what their aims are, and how they would be played out. The similarities end at 'both can change their shapes'. I imagine the place on the server for Doppelgangers is in political and social RP, where they might be able to move between settlements and adopt different personas. The big difference here is that instead of being one character that goes between 4-5 disguises like a Rakshasa does, the Doppelganger would hone in on a single disguise at a time. Ok so tag/no tag, not really important. The mechanics aren't important. The fact is that we already have the scripts in place to make a Doppelganger character very easily, where you would just reskin the base form into Doppelganger instead of Rakshasa.

- Star Elf. Probably a CHA bonus + the human bonus feat. Elves from another planet! As stupid as that short description is, there is far more to them and a wonderful story about how/why some of them would be on Faerun during this point in time.

- Lythari / Avariel. These are pretty well known elves, both very rare, both something I'd like to see as 5%!

- Dragons. WAIT, HEAR ME OUT! Dragons that are limited to being hatched and developing within the history of Arelith. Juvenile dragons that may get to switch between whatever forms and wyrmling form (scaled like totem and so on).

- Dragonshape alternatives. Ok, so this one is NOT a dragon character. It is for druids to be able to choose an alternative dragonshape (perhaps as a totem). One concept I had been hoping to play one day was a Wu Jen from Shou Lung, eventually using a Mist Dragon as the ultimate spell of change. This could be either linked into totem or linked into the dragonshape feat, really just an aesthetic change.

- Master of Disguise: A gift that is unlockable by spending a 5%, available to any base class Rogue or Bard. It could be the gift of bluff, as well as an item that allows you to change a few bits of base appearance. e.g. Different head model, skin/hair colours, tattoos, maybe include some special options for replicating things like Greenhorn tattoos to the point that those functions work for a character who disguises like one with enough bluff.
(I know someone's going to say 'Haha, Rakshasa does that too', but this is for a plain ol' human character to pick up as a special ability through devotion to the art of disguise and deception.)

- Reset of all bank accounts, factions, settlements, and complete character wipe. This sounds crazy but it's not a joke. Have any arbitrary large amount of uses needed. Let's say we begin on 0/1000. Spend a 5% to make it 1/1000. There's no other reward. When enough people have spent 5%'s (which may never happen), everything is wiped and we start fresh. The point is that it gives some perspective of the end of Arelith as it currently is, plus requires a LOT of players to agree on it, to the point that they're giving up something very special in order to make a small drop in the pool of 'let's start again'. Everyone begins on a level playing field. Various people/factions no longer have hundreds of millions of gold sitting around waiting to be spent on the next thing. Arelith becomes the good ol' Wild West.

- Start with a special weapon: Basically you get a weapon that levels up as you level up. The rough idea is that for Good people it is a weapon that becomes more powerful as it slays more evil, for Evil people it is a weapon that drinks the life of living creatures and becomes more powerful. The story can be left to the player. After a certain number of kills, the weapon gains a property, and so on, and so on. It could be made to be truly unique depending on what is killed, or maybe the player can choose a plan for the weapon, or maybe it could be limited only be the insane discipline of the player.

- Special abilities: Character gains an epic feat for the basis of one of the special abilities, e.g. ESF Illusion on a Shadowdancer, ESF Divination on a Warlock, and so on.

- Special unique magical items: Items that have some sort of a history to the character could be made easily through a conversation menu. Uses/Day on particular spells or abilities, granted by the item. Players could input the name/description of the item through the menu to make it, as well as choose from a list of pre-approved abilities/spells that could be put on the item. e.g. A Jade Figurine that allows someone to use invisibility (3) unlimited times. A black ball of shadowy 63 black that casts darkness (15) 3/day. The figurine called The Avatar, and so on.

- Non-lycanthropy alternate forms. Sometimes there are magical creatures that don't quite fit into any description of a particular race or creature. Consider Kelemvor as a man, when he was cursed to turn into a panther. There could be any number of stories that could come from options like these. Maybe a woman was so flighty that a fey looked upon her and decided she should turn into a bird to escape the clutches of the men who chase her. Dog/Wolf/Birds/etc could all be appropriate. Could be used in conjunction with being a warlock (rat/spider/snake/raven) for thematics, or a barbarian (wolf spirit, elk spirit, etc). There are a huge amount of options and it could lead to some fun RP.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

DM Axis

Post by DM Axis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 am

Awakened Skeletons.

Some things don't just go away.
"It is evil things we shall be fighting against, brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution."
- Minister Neville Chamberlain 1939
Discord Contact : DM Axis#2344

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:16 am

A Svirf with a special earth elemental that didn't suck and people actually feared when they saw coming towards them *dreams*

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Succubus
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:18 pm

https://dndtools.net/races/dragon-compe ... ibbit--33/

A Tibbit.
Mechanically it would likely work like Lythari or the Yuan-ti on the server. A base hin with a polymorph into a house cat.
We have some resized cat models on the server already. Just take out the size scaling aspect that the druids have.

I'd love to play a rogue one and get my spy game on.

Scylon

Post by Scylon » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 am

Black Guard ability- Dark Angel

Upon reaching level 20 a Black Guard has a new feat option - Dark Sacrifice.

In exchange for permanently destroying and consuming his demon never to summon it or any other creature again (because what would trust him now?), the Black Guard gains -

Bonus base line stats similar to the RDD
Immunity and resistances depending on his path (demon stream) and vulnerability
Improved Weapon enhancement ability (multi element's based on the stream chosen)
CD based ability based on the stream chosen
Demonic wings as he can no longer hide his taint
Edit - Race changes to Outsider (more weaknesses)

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 am

Scylon wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 am
Black Guard ability- Dark Angel

Upon reaching level 20 a Black Guard has a new feat option - Dark Sacrifice.

In exchange for permanently destroying and consuming his demon never to summon it or any other creature again (because what would trust him now?), the Black Guard gains -

Bonus base line stats similar to the RDD
Immunity and resistances depending on his path (demon stream) and vulnerability
Improved Weapon enhancement ability (multi element's based on the stream chosen)
CD based ability based on the stream chosen
Demonic wings as he can no longer hide his taint
Edit - Race changes to Outsider (more weaknesses)
I really like this idea, although I'd rather see it available to anyone with 20 blackguard levels and skip the wings. Maybe instead give it a description about having an evil aura or something implemented similarly to pirate tattoos.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Are trolls a thing?

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:36 pm

I'd play Goliath.

That was my 5% dream, but lack of time, job, total house renovations etc.

Being extremely competitive half-giant, that'd be awesome.

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Poolbrain » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:14 pm

I always wanted to play some type of construct.

The RP would be a bit cliché robotic: "Initiating combat protocol. *Beep, beep* Engaging enemy hostiles! *Starts whirring, steam pumping out of the constructs joints as sharp blades slides out of its wrists*"

I would do so much weird stuff from having settings where someone could program my characters personality and humour level to having clearance for only certain people to give the construct commands and so on. Would be hilarious.

"Critical.. Bzzt!.. *Sparks flying out of the constructs machinery* Damage detected!.. Bzzt!.. System failure!.. Personali-nali-nali *Beep* Personality module.. *another spark* Failure!.. Bunnies! Bunnies! Bzzzt! I.. am.. a.. *The constructs slowlys down, engines growing quiet* a.. Buuuunnnyyyyyy..... *The construct went completely silents and still, limbs hanging lifelessly from its sides as its engines stops*"

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:03 pm

I've always wanted to play a Githzerai, honestly. There's a few Githyanki dotted around that I've seen, so I don't think it'd be too difficult?

Other than that, I've also been interested in playing a Goliath, and they aren't even that rare.
Elinoa - Surface