5% Dreams - Answer Individually

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Griefmaker

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by Griefmaker » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Building upon NauVaseline's post above, I like the idea of using a 5% award and being able to take an extra feat on character creation, a third major gift, perhaps 1 additional skill point per level, or maybe be allowed to tag another skill as a class skill instead of a cross-classed one.

Or something like being able to cast one spell from a select list innately no matter the class, though only upon yourself. I could see something like a character being able to boost their personal strength or agility at any given time (I am reading the Mistborn series right now, so Allomancy is fresh in my mind), or have a limited duration protective shield, or whatever. Something like infinite haste might be a little much of course.

Plus all of those could be in the automated system as well.

satan

Post by satan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Ghost, Spirit, or Shade as playable
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:20 am

What I would really like, is a gift that lets a Trickery & Deceit (or any, really) Cleric 'see' other followers of their faith (which can be opted out of by players for agencies' sake).

Rasha
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Rasha » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:28 am

Githyanki - To play Space Pirates!!! A few NPC’s are already present on Sencliff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Githyanki
Last edited by Rasha on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Kaeldre

Post by Kaeldre » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Playing as a Mindflayer or Drider would be a dream come true.
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.

Lycan

Post by Lycan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 am

This is going to make me sound like a bit of a psychopath and it would be an enormous amount of work coding wise and im not even sure it would be possible but I'd like to play a wendigo or doppleganger type class, it could be sort of like the assassin class with similar rules of engagement, you mark someone, stalk them, wait untill its night and they are alone and then you kill and consume them, from that point on you can copy that persons appearance and description. Basically meaning you can take over their lives if you have studied them enough during the 'stalking phase'. Play with their friends, go on adventures with them.. but.. once they trust you and the sun has set.. and they take their armor off to rest.. we repeat the process.. :D

You could build up a repertoir of forms based on the creatures you've killed and eaten, you could start with a few basic forms: deer (ofcourse) rats, birds, and it can develop from there. You would gain different bonuses depending on the creature you have transformed into while retaining some base stats and feats gained from levelling.
Grayson Stringer
Edwyna Fallows
Eduardo Dragoon
Evan Devlyn (Aldred Whistler)

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:36 am

Adding a few more

Non-race options
  • Noble titles
  • Alignment restrictions lifted

Pediseca

Post by Pediseca » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm

These are just random thoughts for any awards, not specifically 5%

* Extra gift allowed at start, scaling minor award minor gift etc
* Free feat, scaling as above
* Start with a weapon of your choice, scale with award with the various metals and possible runic or select various unique properties from a predetermined list, no lvl penalty to use
* Start with armor type of your choice, higher reward used more specific the armor
* Start with one million in the bank
* Start knowing more languages, int bonus not applying
* Choose something similar to a background but with no penalty, trackless step, bonus to appraise and persuade, etc

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 am

Oh yay. Now I fixed my forum access I can post here.

I specifically would like to be able to play as a sentient weapon please.
[Black player VFX, Undroppable two handed weapon with VFX.]

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Favoured Soul / Weave Master.

weaponary (although these must be hard to do without addressing specific character needs)
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

White_935

Post by White_935 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:29 pm

New Races

Animal - Wolf (True Neutral - beast), Winter Wolf (Chaotic Evil - magical beast), Blink Dog (Lawful Good - Fey).

Human Variants: Shadovar (Human, Starts on the shadow plane and with easy access)

Giant/Monstrous - Hill Giant, Troll, Half Troll.

Player_01

Post by Player_01 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Special feat:
Ability to ЕRP

darthkitteh

Post by darthkitteh » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:10 pm

doppleganger - there is a script that uses CopyObject() if i remember correctly. Theres more to it than that, but I beleive that would be good for the Shifter (which then is kinda the doppleganger)
Melodia Tsukiko ~ This Soonnnggg is as loonggg as a Skaljard Summer! *She ends with a sudden strike in tune of the notes, once and END*

AskRyze

Post by AskRyze » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:42 am

Lich.

I want to be the bad boy at the center of a cult of other death-aligned PCs, each chasing their own aspect of unlife. I don't think that Vampire really capitalizes on this the same way that true lichdom does - It fulfills a different archetype from both a narrative and mechanical perspective.

I want to be able to say 'up yours' to paladins, in character. I want to be the mustache-twirling villain who gets to be unabashedly evil, because 'what are these mortals to me, with their petty lifespans and trivial interests, compared to the mastery over life and death itself and the secrets of the universe?'. I would LOVE to work with other player groups, maybe even seeding in secrets to where my phylactery is - only to spring a trap upon the hapless adventurers when they realize, all too late, that they've been had.

I want to wake up one day and log in to see a chatbox message: Your phylactery has been destroyed - Craft a new one or your next death is permanent! To feel that rush of adrenaline as true mortality finally rears its ugly head and I retreat back into the clutches of whatever stronghold I might possess to craft a new one - and hope beyond hope that I've enough time to do so before the forces of good and righteousness come to strike me down. Or, perhaps, knowing their master has finally become vulnerable, have one of my close advisors bring me to ruin.

I would be fine retiring such a character after a fantastic arc like that. However, lichdom is not an option as presented herein. I adore the lore, the theme, the story and flavor of lichdom, fear of one's own mortality taken to the extreme. The paranoia and power that the Lich represents is one of the more compelling narratives that is both shockingly relatable and so utterly alien that I would gladly grind for days, weeks, or months for such an opportunity. But, I understand if that's not something the team is willing to work toward at the present moment, and understand that the coding requirements behind Lichdom would be...Heavy at best.

Still. Please, take these meager words into your consideration.
Last edited by DM Chatsworth on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing replaced with "Bad boy"
Flower Power wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:53 pm

You say this, but being MILDLY MEAN to people is treated like a war crime on Arelith.

Kriegos

Post by Kriegos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:05 am

Dreams wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 am
- Dragons. WAIT, HEAR ME OUT! Dragons that are limited to being hatched and developing within the history of Arelith. Juvenile dragons that may get to switch between whatever forms and wyrmling form (scaled like totem and so on).
Actually came here to say exactly this, but with a few more details on the idea.

Dragons.

You start as a hatchling, level capped to whatever is deemed balanced until enough time has passed on Arelith for you to grow from a wyrmling to a young dragon, etc. Each form would have both a time requirement for growth, and a level cap tied to the current form. Seems like it would take a long while? It's sort of the point. It's a dragon. ;)

Whatever race/portrait you choose at character creation before going to the initial new character lobby would be what you'd polymorph into when taking the form of a lesser race.

Scale color based on alignment, breath weapon and resistances to match, and an otherwise standardized progression.

Now you're probably thinking, "Kriegos, this would make them really rare as a 5% roll, and with a time cap on levelling, even moreso."

Yep. Exactly.
Insomniac extraordinaire and owner of the cutest darn corgis you’ve ever seen.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:16 pm

This is not a race, just an idea for 5% or maybe even just a regular or greater award?

So many characters are supposedly fleeing some enemy so why not turn that into a mechanic? (Not sure it should even be that uncommon)

Award Name:
The hunted

You stepped on the wrong toes or stole that artifact everyone wanted, or perhaps you are part of a prophecy everyone wants to stop from happening, were cursed to be hunted by an evil undead, or even decided to take a stroll out of the laboratory they were being held in and never came back (rude?).

As a consequence, you have been hunted for a long time before you finally took a ship to escape as far as you could, the island of Arelith.

Little did you know, your pursuers were still on your trail...

Mechanical drawbacks:
When resting in wilderness areas, you have a chance of spawning a special small ambush, formed by the faction that's after you. Fight them, flee, or meet your doom!

Selectable factions:
-Red Wizards of Thay//Cowled wizards (You were an experiment//You performed illegal magic)
-The thieves guild of Athkatla// assassin's guild. (Stole from them//Annoyed the wrong nobleman)
-Single Headless horseman nemesis, alone or accompanied by a few undead (Scales up to Character level, is undead, it will always come back to haunt you no matter how many times you kill them. Maybe a cruel curse, or perhaps the ghost of someone you betrayed?!)
-Evil priest intent on sacrificing you (Because why not? The dark gods find you yummy)
-Etc.

Mechanical Benefit:
1)Drama
2)Drama
3)Ok, this is silly, who needs anything more than drama?!

Mechanical neutral function:
The player may invoke a single encounter with these unsavory types once per server reset. Upon activating the command, the next rest in the wilderness will always spawn an ambush, with an even greater number of opponents than normal.

Why do that? Well because of DRAMA!!!

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:11 am

I'd really just be happy to be able to play characters from standard races who had extraordinary abilities... Not Godlike, but who have enough edge to stand out and be known for being the strongest human around or something like that.

I mean something like this--

Minor award:
+10 skill points to distribute

Normal:
+1 any stat (but most lose 2 on another) or 1 free pre-epic feat

Greater:
+2 any stat (but most lose 2 on another) or 1 free epic feat from an edited list

Major:
+3 to any stat (but most lose 2 on another) or any 1 free epic feat (including epic spell focuses granting scry, teleport etc.)

... Would be incentive enough for me. I really think the really weird special races tend to be a novelty more than anything and wouldn't ever invest in one again.

xalaram

Post by xalaram » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:37 am

An Awakened Animal, probably give a few options; Dog, Cat, Parrot, Raven, Bear, Tiger, Spider etc. Similar bonuses to the totem forms perhaps?

I've always wanted to play an alley cat feylock.

darthkitteh

Post by darthkitteh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:39 pm

AskRyze wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:42 am
Lich.

I want to be the bad boy at the center of a cult of other death-aligned PCs, each chasing their own aspect of unlife. I don't think that Vampire really capitalizes on this the same way that true lichdom does - It fulfills a different archetype from both a narrative and mechanical perspective.

I want to be able to say 'up yours' to paladins, in character. I want to be the mustache-twirling villain who gets to be unabashedly evil, because 'what are these mortals to me, with their petty lifespans and trivial interests, compared to the mastery over life and death itself and the secrets of the universe?'. I would LOVE to work with other player groups, maybe even seeding in secrets to where my phylactery is - only to spring a trap upon the hapless adventurers when they realize, all too late, that they've been had.

I want to wake up one day and log in to see a chatbox message: Your phylactery has been destroyed - Craft a new one or your next death is permanent! To feel that rush of adrenaline as true mortality finally rears its ugly head and I retreat back into the clutches of whatever stronghold I might possess to craft a new one - and hope beyond hope that I've enough time to do so before the forces of good and righteousness come to strike me down. Or, perhaps, knowing their master has finally become vulnerable, have one of my close advisors bring me to ruin.

I would be fine retiring such a character after a fantastic arc like that. However, lichdom is not an option as presented herein. I adore the lore, the theme, the story and flavor of lichdom, fear of one's own mortality taken to the extreme. The paranoia and power that the Lich represents is one of the more compelling narratives that is both shockingly relatable and so utterly alien that I would gladly grind for days, weeks, or months for such an opportunity. But, I understand if that's not something the team is willing to work toward at the present moment, and understand that the coding requirements behind Lichdom would be...Heavy at best.

Still. Please, take these meager words into your consideration.
Also, to note with Lich lore.
You "restore" your form at your phylactery. Which is why its usually better for others to capture your phylactery rather than destroy, as you cannot make a new one unless the previous is destroyed. :)
Melodia Tsukiko ~ This Soonnnggg is as loonggg as a Skaljard Summer! *She ends with a sudden strike in tune of the notes, once and END*

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:01 pm

5% - Tiger Totem Druid able to take DIRE TIGER shape.

or Totem Ranger with DIRE BEAR companion.

Totem Ranger wish 'dog' companion that is different from the standard 'wolf' or 'white wolf' models so often seen.

or STAG druid... able to take form of white stag... that would be a nifty 5% reward.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Test Drive

Post by Test Drive » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:24 am

Owlbear Totem Druid :)

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Doppelganger with all base race, gender, and body type options!
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

fading

Post by fading » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Celestial warlocks. Though I'd rather them not be a 5%!

Zahlfire

Post by Zahlfire » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:05 pm

Something I had planned to request when 5%s were a thing, but will do so now instead.

Shade playable character race. Half-human, half-shade, fully evil. Typically a very high ECL race with fun mechanical bonuses and fantastic RP.
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:38 pm

To add to my previous post -

Obsolete Path selection;

Paths that are still in play but cycled out of rotation (such as weavemaster or favored soul) can be selected in exchange for a 5%.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002