Post by Vespidae » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:38 pm

I'd love to play an Illithid. I guess I'd see mindflayers as played like this:

+ Int
- Con
+ Bluff
+ Will / Mind affecting resist
- Fortitude
- Str?

Have a disguise form (possibly multiple like Rakshasa? Might be too much, but it would be thematic)
Accelerated language learning perhaps?
Never gets a service refusal while in disguise form (so can travel between underdark and surface with ease)
Dominate Person as a special ability 1/day
Mind blast (?) as special ability 1/day
Special: can send a message a bit like a Tell, directly into someone's mind. Appears as a message in the right hand status bar

New gods/philosophies: Ilsensine (Magic, Knowledge and Invention) and Thoon (war and destruction, trickery and deceit)
Playing: Tal

Anime Sword Fighter

Re: 5% Dreams - Answer Individually

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:12 pm

I'd also like to throw in that I'd like to see more rewards not necessarily racially based spread throughout the gifts. Magic rings with enchantments tailored to your starting class (Rogue would get +1 Dex, +1 Con, +2 Hide, +2 MS, +2 Bluff, +2 Open Lock; Wizard +1 Int, +1 Con, +2 SC, +2 Lore, +2 Conc, +2 Heal; etc.); random items that you can find in the loot table (rods? stream books?); or even items that give you spell uses a day (Cloak of Invis 1use/rest cast invisibility).

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:56 am

A true lycanthrope, with complete power over shapeshifting and no restriction to alignment.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:34 am

I think we should add 5% race that is Half-Elf-Earthkin-Monster, getting all the bonuses of other races combined. :D
Nah...

You know my answer, make the Half-drows a thing... through wereboar would sound awesome 5% reward!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:44 am

My list is:

Races:
- Aasimar
- Anything else with celestial origin

Items:
- Cursed items (a weapon that is powerful but occasionally adds a negative effect to its user).
- A unique crafting recipe (either allowing its owner to craft a unique item or doubles the number of items one can create)

Additional RP tools:
- A signature spell that cannot be learned by others.
- Land owner/merchant background that would give a 1/rest usable item. Upon use, the item would add some random resources/gems to its owner's inventory.
- Being able to do planar travelling (basically a once/rest attune potion)
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

time_limited

Post by time_limited » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:22 pm

If I would get a 5% I would want something which could cut on out the time I need to waste on things which are necessary to play but not useful

A Dragon mount (which the character can sit on) which could fly my character on demand once per day to a location of my choice.

A spell sequencer item that could cast multiple spells at the same time if out of combat (for buffing)

Or an ability to disappear (like greater sanctuary) to characters I wouldn't want them to see me.

A resource generator that could generate random resources needed for crafting from my chosen tradeskill
Plays as:
Brega Dwarf-Smasher (active)
Longinus Dwarf-Smasher

Grench02

Post by Grench02 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm

The objective of this seems to be for the automated reward of prestige races/items/etc as the reward for having killed off a high level character. Should there be a difference on this RP server between the rewards given for killing off a level 30 made/ground in under 30 days vs a level 30 with a thousand hours of in-game time wrapped up in multiple story lines over multiple settlements? Does the methodology currently being used (Character level + gold) end up emphasizing the 'wrong thing'?

Maybe something based on the percentage of net XP what was rewarded based on Role Play Bonus and Adventuring Bonus? I.e. a proxy for rewarding time and involvement in the game-world to counter the 'speed grinding' a bit? It is hard to find a Role Play justification for grinding 20+ laps in a row daily of the Sibayad Orcs (or other), but that seems to be what is getting rewarded with the current 5% roll methodology.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Grench02 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm
The objective of this seems to be for the automated reward of prestige races/items/etc as the reward for having killed off a high level character. Should there be a difference on this RP server between the rewards given for killing off a level 30 made/ground in under 30 days vs a level 30 with a thousand hours of in-game time wrapped up in multiple story lines over multiple settlements? Does the methodology currently being used (Character level + gold) end up emphasizing the 'wrong thing'?

Maybe something based on the percentage of net XP what was rewarded based on Role Play Bonus and Adventuring Bonus? I.e. a proxy for rewarding time and involvement in the game-world to counter the 'speed grinding' a bit? It is hard to find a Role Play justification for grinding 20+ laps in a row daily of the Sibayad Orcs (or other), but that seems to be what is getting rewarded with the current 5% roll methodology.
That's an excellent point, and very definatly something on our radar. I do agree entirely and in the future I do hope we may see some sort of change to reflect this.

However for now I'm just trying to get an amount of ideas of things people would like to see on that list.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 pm

I've always been of the opinion that the chance for a better "reward" should be based off something more than just grinding to 26 and making a quick million gold.

But unfortunately coming up with a suitable, workable, unexploitable, and fair algorithm to track that would be a very very complex and difficult job. And on top of that it'd add more load to the database, which is something you don't want to do.
Last edited by Orian_666 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moonlandergames

Post by Moonlandergames » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:28 am

It would be cool to see a construct race like others had said before. Something close to Warforge that make sense on Faerun. Perhaps a Nimbleright or something of the like

Hello Sandman

Jencent

Post by Jencent » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22 am

Race:
1) Undead-Skeleton as playable race. I wanna be an undead, but i don't wanna SUCK blood, if you know what i mean.
2) Construct, like a iron golem.

Items:
1) Possibility to enchant negative stats at the items.
2) Granit/Rock armour for blacksmith caft list. Give them possibility to craft REALY heave armours, shields, helmets (Around 500~750lbs) with extra %damage resiste or highet AC raiting with possibility to improve to even more heavy armour with axtra defend stats.
3) Cursed items. As exemple: Item set your exhauste raiting at 100% (Thats mean you cant sleep), you can't take off the item untill you death. But they give more stats than other items.

General:
1) More tiers in dweomercraft which give you new types of enchantments and better version of old one.
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance

Cybren

Post by Cybren » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 am

Gith
Warforged/golems/inevitables (any kind of construct what talks, really)

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:57 am

Quickling
Doppelganger
Psionicist
True necromancer

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:25 am

I'd like to see:

Non-race options
  • Unique crafting – can craft a unique item (from many of options, balanced to be in line with current items, but different)
  • Crafting bonus – crafting feats (eg Brew Potion), extra crafting points
  • Special items – menu of item options that can be customised, balanced to be ‘a bit better’ than normal, but not game-breaking by any means. In particular, keen on non-standard options that today only exist on specific weapons (eg On Hit)
More surface race options (in rough order of preference)
  • Goliath
  • Arctic dwarf
  • Avariel
  • Star elf
  • Sentient golem
Last edited by Quidix on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:19 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 pm
Grench02 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm

That's an excellent point, and very definatly something on our radar. I do agree entirely and in the future I do hope we may see some sort of change to reflect this.

However for now I'm just trying to get an amount of ideas of things people would like to see on that list.
There is a possibility that one could group the Greater/Major rewards in those for fresh characters and those that potentially could be earned/inherited on the existing characters as well.

This way an opportunity for existing characters who are added value to the server with their story arcs to be rewarded with Greater/Major reward that would apply to those characters.
Being those:
Unique crafting recipe,
Cursed Dweomercraft,
Items,
Improved Lycanthropy, and other templates like vampirism, lich (especially the templates would be much powerful narrative-wise, as I could see characters with established footprint working towards them and finally succeeding more interesting than 'a wild x pops on Arelith',

There are already some great ideas, that could be categorized. And from the technical side, a token is given to the character that would remove a possibility of the roll for reward on -delete_character should an award be already accepted.

Scale wise, I am confident the DM team could list great characters working towards something for months out of memory, as well as the number of such requests if any would have been way smaller than the usual 5-10% rolls.

Thank you,

TheFox
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TheFox » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:49 am

Tiefling/Aasimar.

Avariel (this is what I would have used it for) with -fly option. How cool would that be?

For that matter add it to succubus too and erinyes. (Alignment restrict those).

I like the suggestion of a pocket plane house too.

Legendary items. Like the moonblades or something that gives your character a ready plot or a clear advantage, or goal, or makes them a fun target.

Some of the suggestions I like. May post more.

The option to bring back an old character _as a revenant_.
Currently Playing: Aisha al Jaziri yr Mirai

Aroura

Post by Aroura » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:47 am

A half human/half drow would be a nice reward to play.
And it requires no mechanical changes, just a unique skin/hair colour.

RollerToaster

Post by RollerToaster » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 am

I just wanna be a Golem. Would be nice have a "Neutral" race for both Surface and UD. Would also be interesting since their wouldn't be a social stigma for having one for a slave, at least at face value.

Scylon

Post by Scylon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Maybe not a 5%. Perhaps greater?

New Barbarian Path or Stream - Knight Commander

More of a theatrical change, this path would work similarly to Tribesman. However as the main staple of the Barbarian, Rage now works to summon 2 friends, My Idea for this was 2 Knights would be summoned instead. One 2h and one sword and shield. So you could RP a Knight commander.

Animist

Post by Animist » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Surface 5% ideas

Avariel
Lythari
Pureblood werewolf (could also be a UD start)

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:18 am

Planeswalker

Someone who isn't necessarily a mage capable of crossing the planes and even the multiverse for some flavor areas.

Stats:
+ CON
+ INT

Abilities:
Can cross into the Shadow Plane 1x per rest
Capable of -teleport 1x per rest
At higher levels can -teleport create 1x per rest
1x per rest can shift into the leylines, which works just like drinking an attunement potion in their current area

I think this kind of 5% should be introduced with new NPCs and planar areas accessible through the Astrolabe, which is a wonderful place that should draw a lot more rp.
Also, I think Arelith has enough expertise to delve into the multiverse without breaking immersion. (maybe a ridley scott's Alien world reference area, a planescape torment reference area, etc)

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Diegovog wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:18 am
Planeswalker

Someone who isn't necessarily a mage capable of crossing the planes and even the multiverse for some flavor areas.

Stats:
+ CON
+ INT

Abilities:
Can cross into the Shadow Plane 1x per rest
Capable of -teleport 1x per rest
At higher levels can -teleport create 1x per rest
1x per rest can shift into the leylines, which works just like drinking an attunement potion in their current area

I think this kind of 5% should be introduced with new NPCs and planar areas accessible through the Astrolabe, which is a wonderful place that should draw a lot more rp.
Also, I think Arelith has enough expertise to delve into the multiverse without breaking immersion. (maybe a ridley scott's Alien world reference area, a planescape torment reference area, etc)
I really like this one. It's unique, sounds like a lot of fun, and it's not some sort of power boost either. Entirely RP centric but clearly reward worthy.

Apothys

Post by Apothys » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Vespidae wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:38 pm
I'd love to play an Illithid. I guess I'd see mindflayers as played like this:

+ Int
- Con
+ Bluff
+ Will / Mind affecting resist
- Fortitude
- Str?

Have a disguise form (possibly multiple like Rakshasa? Might be too much, but it would be thematic)
Accelerated language learning perhaps?
Never gets a service refusal while in disguise form (so can travel between underdark and surface with ease)
Dominate Person as a special ability 1/day
Mind blast (?) as special ability 1/day
Special: can send a message a bit like a Tell, directly into someone's mind. Appears as a message in the right hand status bar

New gods/philosophies: Ilsensine (Magic, Knowledge and Invention) and Thoon (war and destruction, trickery and deceit)
I second the call for our Underdark Overlords being playable.

Something similiar to the the shifter form would be nice, obviously not the same, but having those special powers inherent with there race would be nice and thematic.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:40 pm

I don't understand why a 5% HAS to be a special race.

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Okay, after deliberating...

Special races have honestly never held an allure to me. I've seen so many people lose their 'steam' on their 'special' race character that wasn't a Dragon/Vampire that I have come to the conclusion that what makes something interesting goes beyond concept and into how something plays. The gameplay matters. So I think options to alter the gameplay of a character would be beneficial. By this I mean, for example:

A third gift option
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Bonus Skill Points per Level

etc