Question about the servers -Growth-

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DeamonHeart

Question about the servers -Growth-

Post by DeamonHeart » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm

I am Curious. Please Answer with Information that can be Verified by the Dev's and DM'd only

I know that there is a story - a line- a venue that the DM's and Devs are trying to tell. A time loop affects Arelith, yet we have Villages rebuilt, and towns destroyed and this time loop doesn't affect them.

We have added villages , we have Islands added that didn't exist prior to this time loop.

So riddle me this, At what point does this time loop - affect these additions?

If Arelith is stuck in a time loop, and NOTHING changes... Then why was warftown Destroyed, why was the arcane Tower made No longer a guild (that had no power) -even though they should have been able to make the same choices any settlement (MIND YOU, they used to be able to)- And Cordor expanded, Rosewind destroyed, The Monks Monastery - Moved/ destroyed - Light keep destroyed!

I am not -attempting to start a Flame war.. - yet i know it will fall to this (tongue in check question / statement), But I am curious
At what point do , or will we ( as a server) recognise this time loop, and put everything back?

AGAIN - I know there is a story here, I am not privy to this Whole story, I don't care to be.. But it has been one of the Founding glues, that made arelith -expand-

This has been eating at my Brain for a Long time now. SO I pose the question To the forums... (please lets not start down a Flame war / fire starter bull pucky)

DM Dionysus

Re: Question about the servers -Growth-

Post by DM Dionysus » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi there,

There is no time loop in Arelith.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm

To quote the wiki:

Arelith reckoning
Arelith is set in the Forgotten Realms setting in 3rd edition D&D with some flavors from 3.5. The Arelith timeline diverges in early 1372 DR: Bane has been resurrected, but Lolth has never gone silent. This puts the setting after the Time of Troubles but before the Spellplague.

Arelith reckoning (AR) timeline is used to progress the time on Arelith independently from the mainland of the Forgotten Realms.

----------------

This means that on Arelith time moves forward. That is why things change. The mainland is locked into 1372 in so far as all the complicated events that follow won't be bogging anyone's rp down.

If you are referring to the IG time and how it seems to have looped when looking at old notes, I believe that was a scripting thing that was eventually changed/fixed.

I hope that helps.
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:14 am

Emotionaloverload wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm
To quote the wiki:

Arelith reckoning
Arelith is set in the Forgotten Realms setting in 3rd edition D&D with some flavors from 3.5. The Arelith timeline diverges in early 1372 DR: Bane has been resurrected, but Lolth has never gone silent. This puts the setting after the Time of Troubles but before the Spellplague.

Arelith reckoning (AR) timeline is used to progress the time on Arelith independently from the mainland of the Forgotten Realms.

----------------

This means that on Arelith time moves forward. That is why things change. The mainland is locked into 1372 in so far as all the complicated events that follow won't be bogging anyone's rp down.

If you are referring to the IG time and how it seems to have looped when looking at old notes, I believe that was a scripting thing that was eventually changed/fixed.

I hope that helps.
-S
Emotionaloverload is the best

DeamonHeart

Post by DeamonHeart » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:36 am

Thank you -that - was I was wondering! and it does Help greatly!

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

We're in a "time loop" only in that the greater FR lore doesn't change. Gods aren't dying, pantheon aren't being created, major civilizations aren't changing, etc etc.

The island isn't in a time loop. We just keep the lore consistent to make it easy on people who aren't major FR lore nerds.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Just a thought that's occured to me, then, does that mean the World Tree cosmology isn't valid yet, then, and we're only in the Great Wheel?
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:34 pm

See: Astrolabe. We have never used the World Tree, and if it has been referenced anywhere in the module then to my knowledge it is in error.

EDIT: Also quoting this for concise truth and emphasis.
Dalenger wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm
We're in a "time loop" only in that the greater FR lore doesn't change. Gods aren't dying, pantheon aren't being created, major civilizations aren't changing, etc etc.

The island isn't in a time loop. We just keep the lore consistent to make it easy on people who aren't major FR lore nerds.

Done.