OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Grimspark
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Hello and Thank You!!

Post by Grimspark » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 pm

So I hope its o.k. to put this here.
Overall the intent of this post is to introduce myself as a player on the server (Don't worry there are no IC spoilers here) and to thank the community of players here for being amazing and for keeping this amazing world alive!!

So first off I am very new to Arelith maybe a couple few weeks and half a dozen play sessions. And of course about 5 characters lol.
I am IN LOVE with this world. The depth of player history, the reverence for fallen or lost (no longer playing) friends and the respect for the world and its lore are incredible and make this feel like a lived in world that is actually alive and dynamic. This is such a refreshing change from the so called "sandboxes" of today that are little more that rpg's on rails with big maps. To create a living world takes community.

I have found myself often gushing to friends and family about the awesome experiences I have had. I have been caught up in a PC story line completely by chance, Stumbled in on a PC party full of some of the biggest names on the server (at least for my faction(s)) and started to work out a daily routine for my character that fits in with his home and people. While doing all of this I have been reading everything I can find in game and out. Out of the game I have been happy and impressed with the dance between explaining the world and mechanics and leaving details to be explored and found in world. Great Job to all of you who have been involved in that.
In game I have read of heroes and their legacies and have then come across monuments or "shrines" to those same people. The fact that those were real people that lived out those stories in this world blows my mind.

This is the NWN experience I have been wanting since I first picked it up (og release o.o). I am sad it took me this long to find Arelith but I am so happy I have!!

Thank you all so much and I can't wait to get home and log back in!!

Jagel

Re: Hello and Thank You!!

Post by Jagel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello and welcome. Always nice when new people brave the Trackles Sea and discover the world of Arelith :D

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Three thumbs up! Hope you continue to enjoy things. The depth of the world is really something, yup, which definitely comes from the community and the longevity of the world (Arelith's been up for 20 years I think). I've been playing for the last half-year and I still feel like a new player in many ways.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

DM Fox

Post by DM Fox » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Welcome!

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Welcome! (Do not feed the foxes.)
Please don't feed my sister.

Righ

Post by Righ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Nice! I'm only about 3-4 weeks ahead of you. I think my friends used to play on the Arelith realm back in high school and I was always curious but never quite made the jump. I regret not doing so, and envy those that have been able to be part of the very rich history of the game-world. Maybe one day I will be able to leave my own mark and legacy.

Hope to see you in-game!

Grimspark
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Grimspark » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks again lol!! I didn't expect responses so quickly!

"I've been playing for the last half-year and I still feel like a new player in many ways." - Aradin
I can totally believe this I feel like my first 6 months will just be figuring out my first home town LOL. It feels like there is so much to eplxore that I will never see it all. Makes me wonder how difficult it would be to have a single character explore all of Arelith. What a great story that would be though!

"I regret not doing so, and envy those that have been able to be part of the very rich history of the game-world. Maybe one day I will be able to leave my own mark and legacy." - Righ
I feel you I have owned and played through NWN so many times and never even really looked at persistent servers. Really wish I had! Though maybe now is the right time for me to be here. The living history of the world is a big attraction point for me and that can only come with time. Hope to see you in game too!

"Welcome! (Do not feed the foxes.)" - DM Titania
Well now I want to feed the foxes, thanks!! Took me a second to see the "Don't feed my sister" I am so curious now but am terrified to get an answer LOL

I have joined the Discord but am rarely on there is the community more active there or here? Or is it a little bit of both?

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Welcome! One of us, One of us, One of us...

DM Zinzerena

Post by DM Zinzerena » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 am

Welcome to the server. It's always wonderful to hear from new players enjoying themselves. Be careful around the fairies.
DM Discord: DM Zinzerena#0778

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 am

Posts like this make me happy because we must be doing something right.

Welcome to the wild side, friend.

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Seconded :D Welcome to the server. I've been around Arelith now for quite a few years. Never be afraid to ask for help or advice, and just have fun!
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved