Remake my character

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

malcolm_mountainslayer

Re: Remake my character

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:21 am

R0GUE wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:23 pm
Well, I'm just speaking as someone who didn't do enough writs between 1-20 and now I never have a bank of adventure xp bigger than about 500. I mostly RP, and don't really have time or a stable group to go on big monster runs or anything. I'm obviously not the best example though.
Enjoy the adventure mode cookie benefits then with your lack of grinding!

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Ork wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:35 pm
People were using L30 to gain crafting feats or dweomercrafting tiers, making themselves their end game gear, and losing those feats/tiers in order to take a more mechanically powerful choice.
Kind of tells you something though, doesn't it?
Locking the ability to basin skills on your gear behind a silly bottleneck and forcing people to harangue wizards endlessly to stoop over a basin was a pointless, annoying, and needless change.

Removing -losexp altogether when so many other elegant options were in plain sight was like taking a nuclear bomb to kill an irritating fly imo.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Ork wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:35 pm
People were using L30 to gain crafting feats or dweomercrafting tiers, making themselves their end game gear, and losing those feats/tiers in order to take a more mechanically powerful choice.

It's a shame that we lost -losexp over a number of bad apples, but here we are.
Thank you, because I really had no idea why it was disabled. Now that you mention the dweomecrafting, it all makes sense. You cant have both -losexp AND dweomecrafting scaling in feats/skills in the same game. Too open for abuse.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 pm

Also people were using it to swap around crafting skills willy nilly.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Putting it on a long cooldown would mitigate a lot of that without nuking it completely from orbit.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:53 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 pm
Also people were using it to swap around crafting skills willy nilly.
Rather than taking the tool away, Perhaps we could had lvl dropped those who did such practise to lvl 1 :twisted:
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.