Coronavirus Check-In

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Coronavirus Check-In

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:44 pm

I hope, worldwide, all my adventuring buddies are doing okay.

I'm hearing some troubling things and I'd hate to think anyone in this community was suffering in silence.

I'm only going out if I must, because I'm diabetic. And keeping my distance from other folk.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Coronavirus Check-In

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:06 am

Doing okay here so far, avoiding non-essential travel.
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 am

Doingokay in Australia! Thanks for checking up :)

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:45 am

I'm terrified like most people. It's good to talk about but I hope it doesn't become all we talk about. It's nice we have this alternate universe to escape to.

I do want to say, only because the topic is open. I know there's a tendency to satirize real life events with in-game plots... I feel like disease/sickness/plague storylines might hit too close to home right now (or in the coming weeks) for some players and while there have been good ones in the past and hopefully more in the future maybe now isn't the time to go there in-game.

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:50 am

Wuthering wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:45 am
I'm terrified like most people. It's good to talk about but I hope it doesn't become all we talk about. It's nice we have this alternate universe to escape to.

I do want to say, only because the topic is open. I know there's a tendency to satirize real life events with in-game plots... I feel like disease/sickness/plague storylines might hit too close to home right now (or in the coming weeks) for some players and while there have been good ones in the past and hopefully more in the future maybe now isn't the time to go there in-game.
I did notice someone ingame the other day.... "covid whunyne" who ran around coughing. i calmled everyone with free restoration wands :)
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Yeah, I don't think there'll be any plauge plots for a while from the DM team.

For myself I'm ok, staying home as much as possible and trying to avoid human contact, but that's not so much different.
All our Pen and Paper games are going to be done over the internet now, with a bit of luck.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:26 pm

I hope everyone's doing as well as possible.

For anyone S-London that needs help with shopping etc. you can hit me up and I'll see if I can help.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

An Unattended Cracker

Post by An Unattended Cracker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:30 pm

In California right now. City's on lockdown, says police will be enforcing the quarantine orders.

I've been staying inside for nearly 5 weeks now, but everyone else in the household was working outside the house up until today. They had a lot of people over yesterday, despite social distancing and the quarantine. Hoping none of them (some of which were travelling internationally within the last two weeks) have the virus.

I'm not immunocompromised, but my immune system has historically been awful. Common colds linger for weeks, so I'm worried if I get this I'll be out of commission for close to a month.

Stay safe everyone, and don't be like the rest of my family. Wash your hands, don't have large gatherings, and don't hoard toilet paper.

Straxus
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Straxus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:16 pm

I live just outside Chicago in the suburbs. Illinois is under a shelter at home order... however, I work for a liquor distribution company, so, I will have to be at work. Luckily, my wife can remotely work from home. My Daughter and I both have heart related issues, but she, having a very rare genetic disorder is even more at risk than me.

I was hoping my work would do the common sense thing and close, but, people need their whiskey rum, and vodka!
Arod (semi-retired)
Jacho Blake

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:52 am

australia, i've effectively lost my job and i'm a foreigner so i probably won't get any gov't support

haha im going to be homeless

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:09 am

Sorry to hear that.. I hope things don't get that dire for you.

Moonlandergames

Post by Moonlandergames » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:26 am

Connecticut here. Surprisngly good at the moment with how close to Newyork we are.. However a lot of manufacturing workers coming back from China got people afraid

Hello Sandman

DeamonHeart

Post by DeamonHeart » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:47 am

Vegas checking in - City is on Quarantine, Not lock down -yet- But if Some non- essential Business do not close we will end up that way. I work security so I am still essential , (key word STILL) , but I am still worried about my job, and my fellow Guards who are being exposed daily to people NOT listening to Quarantine guide lines.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:55 am

West Palm Beach, Florida. Our situation is presently this interesting half-measure; mind, I've been working overtime every week, so I've only seen the world between my house and my job for the last twelve days or so, which is less than a mile's drive.

Some essential (and non-essential, too) businesses are still open - bars and nightclubs are closed, restaurants are all carry-out only by executive order from the Governor, with social distancing and no groups larger than ten allowed (anywhere). We don't have cops in every building and on every corner enforcing it, but with the exception of some noteworthy spring-break students from all over the country deciding nothing's gonna stop them from going to the beach, most people seem fairly reasonable about observing the rules.

There were a bunch of concert tours going on down here over the next couple of months, those have all been cancelled. Purchased through ticketmaster, got refund, whoo!

From a restaurant worker's perspective, our business has slowed down, but it's still at a sustainable level- honestly, we've had a pretty big increase in business the last two years, and we were sustainable before that- this has put us a little below where we were then, which is still doable. But it hurts, and it's going to get worse.

I'm fortunate- my hours are secure unless we're closed by mandate- but Flatten The Curve definitely needs to happen. Things have slowed down, but everything will grind to a halt if hundreds of thousands of essential workforce all get sick at once for 2-3 weeks. (Coincidentally, now's a great time to become a commercial driver in the states, but you'll have to take your courses and get your licenses online, most likely.)

Work eat sleep. Work eat sleep. Wash hands thoroughly 100+ times throughout the day, because I handle people's food. Also, bleach and a sanitation cloth alongside vinyl gloves are dearest friends, and if you try to take them from me, I'll gut you with the chef's knife.

I mean... Keep calm and carry on. :lol:

Levity aside, stay safe, everyone - see you on the other side.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:47 pm

I breath, just hard since as nurse my blind and deaf patients are most of the time both, which means I need to make hand signatures on their hands to communicate. Could use the gloves but issue is that most are unable to "read" your hands with gloves on or simply gets upset. Other challenge is those who need to read from lips yet we nurses need to wear masks.

Just hope I wont get sick.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

DM Atropos

Post by DM Atropos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:43 am

Upstate NY, USA.

The bus keeps rolling. We're taking people to necessary appointments. We're making sure the poorest of us have access to groceries and essentials. We are exposed on a daily basis. We have no choice. Sometimes we're the only way a senior or someone with disabilities will have food, or heat. Our morals demand we act.

Some have voluntarily been laid off, some we simply don't have anything for. I've fought to make sure my staff has enough hours to support themselves in all the instances I can.

It will come to us. It's not a matter of "if" but of when. Until then, we keep going.
What is woven will be.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Central Indiana, thankfully not Indianapolis. Three cases in my county, no deaths. I've got a flatmate in her late sixties, but she's in a nursing home at the moment due to some breathing and heart problems they're ironing out. I'm terrified something's going to happen there and the next check in is going to be she went into critical condition and died. Once it's in a place like that, it spreads like wildfire.

Myself, I'm doing okay. I dropped out of the call center/office lifestyle to do factory work (less politics and backstabbing), and it's considered essential work under the stay-at-home order, since we have a part in the making of emergency vehicles like ambulances. We're down to a Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri schedule, ten hours a day, and Wed and Sat they deep clean the place. So I still have a 40 hour job amidst all this chaos. I'm really thankful for that.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 pm

My partner and I are essential services, and are working through the mandatory stay-at-home lockdown our state has implemented. I provide security. They provide therapy for young children. We have cases appearing in our city. I am nervous, but the show must go on to maintain social order.

This thing is deadly serious. Take precautions. Stay at home. Don't drink the kool-aide or lies being peddled by the evil and disreputable. You'll kill yourself and others.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello from Eastern Tennessee, near Knoxville!

We have confirmed cases in my county, so things are slowly beginning to close down. I work at an airport and my SO works at a hospital. So its something we’re both concerned about, given likelihood to exposure. Luckily, we don’t have to worry about his hours being impacted, but it’s a very real possibility that my air carrier may cease operations if we continue to not have enough passengers.

We’re transporting, on any given flight, between 7 – 12 people. On an aircraft with a maximum capacity of 177. And they’re usually booked up this time of year.

I depend a lot on my portion of income, so I’m a bit worried. I don’t know what we’re going to do if I get furloughed.

Bright side: it’s given me a lot of time to work on projects I’ve been otherwise putting off! Animal Crossing is out, and that’s fun. I’d go clean my deck if it’d just stop raining.

Cook at home, save your bugerbux and try to keep optimistic. That’s all we can do, right?

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Hope y'all are doing alright. I'm lucky enough to retain my job as education never rests! Everything's gone online now, and I can say that trying to solve differential equations while answering questions from students in a chatroom can be really hectic.

I still look forward to the sessions, however, since there is nothing as productive to do at home. Not being able to swim with friends cuts into the workout routine, but at least the weather in San Diego, California is still nice.

Persevere and maintain a routine to keep oneself occupied, hope this blows through soon!

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Netherlands, Amersfoort checking in.

It is scary as hell at the moment. And as a service engineer I need to still go out and visit a lot of customers, including hospitals. So I am still happy to be healthy.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Copenhagen, Denmark:

Government reacted fast, and closed down everything, people are following the instructions just fine, so not many dead here so far. Mostly old people 80+. I am staying home, writing a lot online, and doing some fine walks in the almost empty city ...

Personally, I just recovered from year long diseases, so I am feeling healthier than ever.

Cheers to you all!

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Straxus

Post by Straxus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:43 pm

My job just raised our pay $3 an hour going back to march 16th, through the end of April, and if needed will be extended, as well we work from 7pm to 5:30 am, but if we get out at 3:30, or even 12 midnight, we get paid for the full 10 hours.
Arod (semi-retired)
Jacho Blake

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 am

Kenji wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:56 pm
Everything's gone online now, and I can say that trying to solve differential equations while answering questions from students in a chatroom can be really hectic.
Kenji does math for a living. 'Alles ist klar.'

Speaking for myself.

Boss: Okay, so we're here to discuss your telework agreement. I need you to work from home, use a computer all day, and keep away from actual people. Can you do that?
Me: I Arelith.
Boss: Next!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Best Rich Face

Post by Best Rich Face » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm

I've been working from home too, and my Switch + an alternate monitor has been positively lifesaving.

For OTHER people.

Don't forget to keep spirits up with a little light hearted black humor.
https://youtu.be/o0APPIOxunM