Requeim mod for Skyrim

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

malcolm_mountainslayer

Requeim mod for Skyrim

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 pm

I like to call it dark souls meets Skyrim

Has anyone else had fun with this overhaul mod before?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281

PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight

Re: Requeim mod for Skyrim

Post by PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:35 pm

I've played many playthrough with Requiem before. Its ballbusting early and generally eases out later on. God help you if you want to go heavy armor early without being an Orc.

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:07 am

PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:35 pm
I've played many playthrough with Requiem before. Its ballbusting early and generally eases out later on. God help you if you want to go heavy armor early without being an Orc.
My first character was 2h light armor imperial destruction/restoration magic and i never even used the food system up to mid 20s. So when i rolled up a nord with heavy armor and Apple cabbage stew, i didnt need god's help, though the blessings do help ;) and found it quite easy with my blocks actsully reducing enough damage against draugh (i punched way above my level)

I am trying to get a woodelf going. The ingredient list for bestial stew can be a little annoying at lvl 1 and i just bought some apple cabbage stew instead.

Going for a hunter meat eating werewolf this run since wood elves already are pretty much barbaric carnivores with their green pact. Will pick up conjuration magic to give my mana pool something to do + eventual QoL of teleporting and stuff like bound weapons. Summon won't hurt either as an archer.

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 am

It's the only way I play skyrim, but I like more challenging rpgs.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm

I've played a lot of Skyrim mods including Requeim. I'm not too crazy about the mod as it does make the game incredibly difficult early on, most of the time I don't have it installed. But sometimes a challenge is nice and if you want to do Skyrim: Hard Mode the mod does that well. Any other suggestions for Mods that would go well with it?
“The punishing of wits enhances their authority.”
Francis Bacon

Post by PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Well, if you really want to bust your Pufferfish I would recommend adding Frostfall on top of Requiem.

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 pm

PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm
Well, if you really want to bust your Pufferfish I would recommend adding Frostfall on top of Requiem.
Ah yes, if we're going that route might as well get Campfire (Frostfall requires this one anyways), Hunterborn, & RealisticNeedsAndDiseases too for a full-on survival experience. Combined with Requiem this would be really punishing.
Francis Bacon

Post by PeaceAndSerenityWithinTheLight » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm

But honestly, at that point. Just grab Fallout 2 and get the Community Restoration project and enjoy a fully better game.

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:55 pm

NPC Logger Number 2 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:47 pm
I've played a lot of Skyrim mods including Requeim. I'm not too crazy about the mod as it does make the game incredibly difficult early on, most of the time I don't have it installed. But sometimes a challenge is nice and if you want to do Skyrim: Hard Mode the mod does that well. Any other suggestions for Mods that would go well with it?
The Reddit has a huge list, or even if you Look up requeim patch central on nexus, you sill get a big master list of mods that were patched to fit requiem.

Immersive horses is a a huge QoL.

I don't really do the survival style mods as inventory management is something I am really really slow at (while being skilled enough to do content 10 levels higher than me) and i spend too much time as it is taking care of needs and cooking for the meal buffs. Keeping my.meal buffs up in a world that wants to crush you os all the survival i need.

I am doing a wood elf right now and when O eat bestial stew and the strange meat of slain enemies, i can sprint full speed with no stamina lost at lvl 3 (when normal jogging with no food buffs make me lose stamina)

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:05 pm

One good thing about those survival mods is they are highly configurable so if you want to turn off the survival options for a while to do some dungeons you can, then you can turn them back on for a bit of immersive hunting and camping when you feel like it.
Francis Bacon

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm not a fan of changing the rules midgame olus less mods to bog my system. To me the harsh enemies and needed buffs from food and the bonus exp sleep bonuses are survival enough. I really like requiem combat.

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Fair enough, that's the great thing about modding, everyone gets to tweak things according to their own preferences. What kind of combat mods do you use alongside Requeim?
Francis Bacon

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 pm

I feel tweaking combat in requeim unnecessary unless you played vsnilla so much that you need to spice it up (i never even killed alduin with or without mods). Dodging, weave and wobbing is already possible in vanilla in heavy armor with enough skill, even easier with the dodge perk for evasion/light/unarmored tree. Timing blocks is important for conserving stamina or clinch moments when you realize your dodge is going to fail. Power attack is great when you have the stamina to spare and need lots of burst damage, or stagger lock an opponent normally too strong for you (making stamina potions really useful). Shield/hilt bashing is really situationally useful and only gets better the more skilled you are as a player or character.

NPC Logger Number 2

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Alduin is disappointingly easy if you have any skill at all with character building. My last playthrough I killed him without even taking damage and it was pretty underwhelming.
Francis Bacon

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 pm

NPC Logger Number 2 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:34 pm
Alduin is disappointingly easy if you have any skill at all with character building. My last playthrough I killed him without even taking damage and it was pretty underwhelming.
Well if you got MR 100 sure

I was more reffering to lack of clocked hours and never getting that far.