Kobolds

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Katze

Kobolds

Post by Katze » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:17 pm

I am going to work on a general reference on kobolds, is there anything i should know before doing this, or any material that you think should be added? Also, I will be adding material from 3.5 D&D and my own philosophical study of them, but, i am not against any other sources of information.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Kobolds

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Focus on history, culture, interspecies relations, and religion. Psychology and philosophy are good topics to touch on, but it's best to stick to canon and avoid personal interpretation, especially in General Reference, so as not to discourage alternate interpretations.

Forgotten Realms Wiki and whatever D&D Monster Manuals you can get your hands on should be good sources of information. Consider whether this is an article worth writing, given the already abundant array of information between Arelith's Wiki and FRWiki. It might be a better idea to expand on Arelith's Wiki article with more detailed information about the species in general and Arelith's particular brand of Kobolds, especially where it might assist new players in assimilating with UD culture.
Last edited by The Rambling Midget on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Someonehere123

Post by Someonehere123 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:Focus on history, culture, interspecies relations, and religion. Psychology and philosophy are good topics to touch on, but it's best to stick to canon and avoid personal interpretation, especially in General Reference, so as not to discourage alternate interpretations.

Forgotten Realms Wiki and whatever D&D Monster Manuals you can get your hands on should be good sources of information. Consider, though, whether this is an article worth writing, given the already abundant array of information between Arelith's Wiki and FRWiki. It might be a better idea to expand on Arelith's Wiki article with more detailed information about the species in general and Arelith's particular brand of Kobolds, especially where it might assist new players in assimilating with UD culture.
Bolded for emphasis, and also This.

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:05 am

Do refer to this:
http://www.lski.org/pictures/tabletopga ... Dragon.pdf

See section on kobolds

You're welcome
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

Katze

Post by Katze » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

well, you put up a good point, midget, i am going to hold off on this a little longer. perhaps once Drakus' story comes to a close, i will write it.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.