Thread of Disappearance

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lansert

Re: Thread of Disappearance

Post by Lansert » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:44 pm

Well, two years of Arelith have been a treat mostly. Didn’t think I’d stick around this long at first, and a few months ago I didn’t think I’d be leaving at all, guess I was wrong both times. Arelith has an amazing player base for the most part. It is vibrant, creative, inventive, hard working, and rather diverse in the kinds of stories they want to tell. We don’t always get along, in fact a lot of that time that is the case, but even now I have faith the player base will be alright in the long term.

What’s changed since a few months ago? I’m just not having fun anymore. The server’s culture and vision is going places I can’t follow. To be clear, this is not a dig at mechanical changes or UMD nerfs or anything like that. I think Irongron is doing a fine job actually and doesn’t get enough praise for the things he does. I am just seeing a direction people are taking things and cannot see myself having fun in that environment, so I’ll move on to hobbies and servers that are more in line with my taste.

I doubt I will be back. Perhaps I’m as wrong now as I was a few months or two years ago or perhaps not. Either way don’t wait up and have fun without me.
Ezekiel Klennald --- Priest of Tyr
Justin Lane --- Stuttering Archer

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm

Oh, Justice Dad, you always will be remembered. I'm not only glad for I have met Ezekiel, all the stories we've been through, but to have met Lansert behind and get to know you, add you to my place in my heart for good and fun people I call friends.

The roleplay you have given me I will always remember and cherish the memories I have gotten.

I only wish to continue our friendship despite not having you in Arelith.

Cheers for everything from a sobbing Wizard.
"D-D-Did I stutter?" - Nora Strobl-Klennald

Scylon

Post by Scylon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:20 am

Scylon/Raziel -

I'm having a hard time getting hours to dedicate. I'll still be around a bit, just here and there.

I owe a summon to someone whom I don't remember. PM me here and I'll fix that up :P

DM Hoodoo
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Hoodoo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 pm

I'm going to be away for a while due to something bad happening IRL. Sorry if I haven't gotten back to your request. I'll be back eventually.

Rasha

Post by Rasha » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:57 am

DM Hoodoo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 pm
I'm going to be away for a while due to something bad happening IRL. Sorry if I haven't gotten back to your request. I'll be back eventually.
Sending positive vibes your way. Hope all is well.
~ Sencliff Rules the Seas! ~

Wilhelmina Vehk
Sazal’ Dro’Vaalvaz - Deceased
Rasha Gilroy - Deceased

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:26 am

Chook play will be pretty casual because freakin' Temtem just came out and it's cute af.

Sofawiel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sofawiel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Gone for a while. Back eventually.