Game updated and now it's unplayable

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Neyha Riverdale

Game updated and now it's unplayable

Post by Neyha Riverdale » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:15 am

hello everyone

yesterday my nwn: ee updated to a new version (it was v82819320 before) and now it's unplayable.

even with the lowest settings it freezes constantly in major cities and often outside of them.

before the update the game was running smoothly with the normal setting but now I can't take 2 steps without hiccups.

is there a way to go back to the older version?

please help me!

thanks

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Game updated and now it's unplayable

Post by Skibbles » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:39 am

This sounds like something to be brought to Beamdog's attention.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:02 am

Absolutely. If you're on steam you should be able to roll back to a previous version by:

1. Right-clicking the game in your steam library.
2. Select properties.
3. Betas

Under 'select a beta,' you can choose your game version. Just choose an older one.

However, reluctant as I am to utter the cursed phrase, the update works on my machine. It's possible the issue is something at your end. Might be worth verifying the game, just to be sure that all your files are in place and correct. On steam, that can be done again, by going into game properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game files.

If you're not on steam, I've got no idea, I'm sorry!

Neyha Riverdale

Post by Neyha Riverdale » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:13 am

Drowble Oh Seven wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:02 am
Absolutely. If you're on steam you should be able to roll back to a previous version by:

1. Right-clicking the game in your steam library.
2. Select properties.
3. Betas

Under 'select a beta,' you can choose your game version. Just choose an older one.

However, reluctant as I am to utter the cursed phrase, the update works on my machine. It's possible the issue is something at your end. Might be worth verifying the game, just to be sure that all your files are in place and correct. On steam, that can be done again, by going into game properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game files.

If you're not on steam, I've got no idea, I'm sorry!

No, I'm not on steam, I bought the game on the android play store, the game was perfect before the stupid 8193A00011 version, now the framrate go to 5-10 in cordor and other cities. I wish I could go back to older one.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:35 am

Neyha Riverdale wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:13 am
No, I'm not on steam, I bought the game on the android play store, the game was perfect before the stupid 8193A00011 version, now the framrate go to 5-10 in cordor and other cities. I wish I could go back to older one.
Opt In to NWN:EE Beta in Google Play Store. Its a more stable android version based on my experience.
I also play on android, Cordor and Myon (not the trade hall), sometimes will kill your framerates.
Shadovar Post, Elemental Plane of Fire can also kill your framerates.

Neyha Riverdale

Post by Neyha Riverdale » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:48 am

Ping14 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:35 am
Neyha Riverdale wrote:
Opt In to NWN:EE Beta in Google Play Store. Its a more stable android version based on my experience.
I also play on android, Cordor and Myon (not the trade hall), sometimes will kill your framerates.

I checked the store but the only version you can download is the one giving me problems. The game was smooth on the version before, now is unplayable. I tried to lower the graphics settings to minimum (I was in normal before) but nothing change, the framrate is still low and the hiccups are unbearable. I need to find a way to go back to the v82819320.

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:19 am

Ping14 wrote:
Neyha Riverdale wrote:
The beta version is what the current version just got updated to.
Neyha Riverdale wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:48 am
Ping14 wrote:
Neyha Riverdale wrote:

I checked the store but the only version you can download is the one giving me problems. The game was smooth on the version before, now is unplayable. I tried to lower the graphics settings to minimum (I was in normal before) but nothing change, the framrate is still low and the hiccups are unbearable. I need to find a way to go back to the v82819320.
I'd recommend contacting Beamdog about your performance issues, also clearing out any overrides if you had any.
We can't help much unfortunately as it's mostly out of our hands. I don't think the Google Play store allows you to rollback versions I'm afraid

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:34 am

https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 3180?hl=en

In anycase you haven't opted in yet. Beta version usually hotfixes things earlier than the standard NWN:EE in android.

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:29 pm

I’d recommend turning your enhanced lighting options off in your settings and seeing if that makes a difference. The latest patch included some renderer updates and that might be causing your issue.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.