In Memory of a player.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Razmo_de

In Memory of a player.

Post by Razmo_de » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Here is my poor attempt at remembering a player who is probably dead by now.
I admit, the attempt is poor. I forgot the character and player name, but not his story and the things he wanted to achieve.

So here are the stories of the character and the player.

Character:
An elven archer trying to become a black archer. Failed to do so, as far as I know. He had several run-ins with my UDer. In which he valiantly fought for the good side. Lost, but usually bought the good guys something in turn.

Player:
As we chatted about the IC events after PVP, he told me his story on arelith. Having a terminal illness with a year of expected lifetime (which was a year and some ago), he would spend most of his time playing arelith. He was not in a condition to do too much else. A goal of his was to get to lvl 30 and bring his character arc to a conclusion before the end. Yes, lvl 30 is usually seen as less important than 'having a good time/good RP'; Still it was an achievement he wanted to make. That is what I know.

So this is to think of him. And all the players, present and gone, who are/were in similar situations, crippled by illness or other circumstances. Sharing arelith as a thing they have.

Real people, real feelings, real lives.

dirza

Re: In Memory of a player.

Post by dirza » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Back in times when UO was still in for the rest of cummunity, my friend with nickname Tracker got a cancer.

He was 65 years old, and his character was always helping to everyone, playing a smith. He spent his last months (when he felt its coming), by travelling around all the guys he knew IG. Some time after, he died.

It is sad you lost his name, but you can still remember him and honor him in your memories.

Razmo_de

Post by Razmo_de » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:08 pm

We only met as IG enemies a handful times, think he had an easier time to connect to me than to most fellow surface players.
Maybe he was a bit difficult in connecting to people. Maybe it was the way the surface can be superficial.

DestroyerOTN

Post by DestroyerOTN » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:49 pm

:( Hope the player had a good last year - whatever his case was. That's kinda sad to hear.

Any chance you know - or anyone knows, really - wether he got his last wish?
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

Kalimere

Post by Kalimere » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Remember the good times you had and their memory and legacy will live on, my friend. I didnt know the player personally, but I would have been honored to be a part of that final year he had. I still often think about Erika, aka Rice2Go, and Michael O'rourke, aka Forlindel. Two great players I came to know as friends, both taken away in their primes. Its good to feel sad, it just meant that you cared. Let the memory live on.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper