Game Spy Changed?

OOC General Discussion
Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Game Spy Changed?

Post by Cuchilla » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Anyone having this:

Today, I didn't get the usual long pause after trying to log in: Neither on the Join LAN Game, or the other. It logged it immediately. So far, so good.

BUT

It refuses to direct connect (virtual.arelith.com:5125). It says: Connection error: Could not translate adress

I can still connect, but not direct connect.

Just found that weird, and wish to know: Game Spy changed (thought it was 'left' ages back)? And in case yes, what is to be expected?

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Game Spy Changed?

Post by Cihparg » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Well- considering you're meant to connect to game.arelith.com, not virtual.arelith.com -- and Gamespy is dead. Been so for a long time.

Beep boop.

Arther Goodmane

Post by Arther Goodmane » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Direct Connect via LAN and if you get the error "Could not translate address", just backspace and re-enter the last digit. I know it's a bit odd, but it works (at least when I got the message).
I want my DM name to be
DM CrampyGut

grip
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by grip » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:48 pm

My own game does this from time to time, since I reinstalled and have not put the ini mod in to stop the wait. When it does that, the not pausing bit, I can also not connect. What fixes this is to exit and redo the connection part again so that it does wait.

Excuse the jumbled mess of my post. I hope that you can make sense of it.
Thake wrote: Wanna rule Aristotlus? Gotta min/max like a pro..

TotesTotem
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by TotesTotem » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 am

This can also be the result of problems with your internet connection. Usually because of an interrupted flow of information downstream.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Seems like others got the same issue. So I'll just add that it fixed itself after about a week or so. Gave up fixing it, just didn't use direct connect that week. Now it's back to "normal". Life goes on.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.