The files of nwn - how to get to them

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

HurinWillSmite

The files of nwn - how to get to them

Post by HurinWillSmite » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm trying to get to the sounds in nwn to use them for some tabletop gaming as background music - figured if I wanted to do this right I might aswell get sounds from my most loved game. Problem is... That I can't find all of them.
There are:
  • the music files. They're possible to get. Use a bmu converter to convert them to something useful. easy to find in /Nwn/music too.
  • NWN/ambient has some sounds aswell! 114 of them too! They're wav's but that's okay.
  • But there's still a lot of sounds missing. Looping sounds that could be used. They exist! I can HEAR them in the toolset :(
Does anyone have any experience with this? Extracting these files from the game? My googling came up short of an answer. Files such as al_an_toads1 or one of my favorites: al_pl_x2tabalp!

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The files of nwn - how to get to them

Post by Mithreas » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Look up nwnexplorer, that lets you extract files from the data archives that most of NWN's data is in.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.