new forum

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: new forum

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 am

I gave all users the 'en' language. Next reset new accounts will be created with it by default, but for accounts created between now and then, they probably won't have the buttons. I'll do another sweep to catch people with no language setting tomorrow, which should kill that issue off for good.

If it's not showing up for you yet, try logging out and in, or just waiting a bit - the change doesn't seem to apply immediately.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:37 am

Quick reply should now be turned on - a button at the bottom of the thread.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:37 am

Still working on getting the confirm screen to go away. I am probably about to break something :)

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:50 am

MY BUTTONS ARE STILL MISSING

but on an actual relevant matter, what will be of the portal?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:52 am

Clearly your buttons have been stolen by a gnu.

The portal, and the rest of the website, will be migrated in due course. But for now, they're still working...

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 am

Mithreas wrote:Still working on getting the confirm screen to go away. I am probably about to break something :)
I believe I have made this happen. Without breaking anything. I'm quite proud of myself.

(Until the subtle bugs start showing up...)

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 am

Children, it is time to equip your protective safety glasses in case anything explodes. :geek:

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 am

And the quick reply box now shows up by default. I have saved us two clicks per post, and possibly as much as two seconds of delay time. That should satisfy the forum junkies among us...

Kaulguard

Post by Kaulguard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 am

I participated!
"I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group."
Gary Gygax

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:21 am

Now I'll be back to being known as SSoS. Or whoever has the courage to type out Seven Sons of Sin. No more nice and simple "Seven." The world is so cruel, and I didn't dare risk a new name.

...it just wouldn't be the same.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

IndifferentPerson

Post by IndifferentPerson » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 am

I'll still call and refer you as Seven. And my buttons now work too!

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:26 am

I throttled the gnu for you. You should have seen it, epic battle...

OK, off to bed now. Night all.

Kaulguard

Post by Kaulguard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:30 am

Man, I remember the last time the Forum restarted. It was the day I moved into this house. Good times, which fly by. Crazy.
"I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group."
Gary Gygax

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:18 am

I like the new set up. And now no one will know who I was on the old forums!

Or they probably will. :)

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:34 am

You cannot hide from us, Pony.

PixilPixi
Location: Trying desperately to bleach my mind of any characters made on this account.

Post by PixilPixi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 am

Mayonnaise wrote:Wooh! This is pretty neat, to be able to do this from in game.
YOU CAN DO THIS IN GAME!?!!

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 am

what

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 am

Mithreas wrote:
Mayonnaise wrote:Wooh! This is pretty neat, to be able to do this from in game. (Create forum accounts.)
More than that - it opens up all sorts of possible future options for us. Managing your character vault, checking character bank accounts etc, potentially even stuff like reviewing your quarter timers... having everyone have a login that's tied to the game is a key thing we wanted to achieve with the website rework, and this is Step One.
This!

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:
Mithreas wrote:
Mayonnaise wrote:Wooh! This is pretty neat, to be able to do this from in game. (Create forum accounts.)
More than that - it opens up all sorts of possible future options for us. Managing your character vault, checking character bank accounts etc, potentially even stuff like reviewing your quarter timers... having everyone have a login that's tied to the game is a key thing we wanted to achieve with the website rework, and this is Step One.
This!
The problem with this is that a bet there are a large number of individuals who are not using the login for their characters, that is their current forum name.

I know I haven't used Seven Sons of Sin for a serious character in 3 years.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Happily, once I have one of your login names, I can look up your CD key and pull all your characters.

I won't expose to other players what characters you have on IDs other than the forum account, but I can let you manage all characters on the one key.

HurinWillSmite

Post by HurinWillSmite » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 am

I like the new forum because Aribeth isn't on the top of the screen anymore. Now people can't see I am dilly dallying when they glance at my screen.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm

i miss arabeth!

just like i miss the old ranma 1/2 joke....
>.>
<.<
>.>
<.<

on a serious note, is it possible for us to get the "plays as" field underneath our avatars?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Yep. Question, should it auto populate with the most recent PCs played on the forum account, or be manually populated?