The Late Balance Team

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Misericordus
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

The Late Balance Team

Post by Misericordus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 pm

I miss you guys.

Peppermint

Re: The Late Balance Team

Post by Peppermint » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 pm

I worked with the Balance Team for a better part of a year, and they were an absolute pleasure to work with! I really couldn't have done any of the updates I did by myself.

All the same, I stepped down as a contributor feeling confident they would continue to push Arelith in a much better direction. For so long as the Balance Team remained active, we received a number of awesome updates.

We can thank the balance team for their contributions in:
- Summons
- Spell Revisions
- New Items
- Barbarians
- Blackguards
- Healers*
- Paladins
- Purple Dragon Knights
- Rangers

( * The first update I worked on Cortex with.)

Among other things.

Balance-wise, Arelith was in perhaps the best shape it'd ever been. These guys really made me proud.
Last edited by Peppermint on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l33tfragiletings

Post by l33tfragiletings » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm pressing F to show my respect

F

HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL

Post by HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm

bring back sollers

bring back the balance team

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Please lock because I'm tempted to reply and it wouldn't be nice.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:50 pm

miesny_jez wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Please lock because I'm tempted to reply and it wouldn't be nice.
We really shouldn't. As with any other Kudos threads, they are for kudos only. and when people post something negative (which sadly can happen a lot) those doing so receive a warning. This is no different.

And really there is a huge amount to thank these guys for. That list of updates above were just excellent, and as I said later in the same often-quoted post was that the 'overwhelming majority' of what the did was very well received. These weren't just good additions, and in many cases solving existing problems, they were (and are) actually just fun to play too.

Though its also worth noting that many of this team are not quite 'late', with some on staff, certain others having received open invititions to join staff, and others posting their (often forthright) opinions here on the foum, almost all continue to offer valued input.

There is nothing wrong to raising a glass to what they achieved, and other who wish to post here should keep that in mind, but also please remember a kudos thread is purely to offer appreciation, not to discuss wider issues relating to the server.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:55 pm

There have been a lot of good updates over the years, and I'm not sure why only now is this mentioned. A lot of classes were treated as 'memes' that nobody wanted to touch simply because they were vanilla, but now the only one that I can name on top of my mind is the dwarven defender. That's a big leap there.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:06 pm

<3
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Thanks to these people for all the feedback and reason they provided:
Hexgoblin
Sockss
Scurvy
cj
Hunter
Peppermint

And for all the hard work of implementing as well as monter creation:
ActionReplay
dejapes/YCE
cj

I didn't deal with half of the above people prior to the creation of the team, and today they're among my best friends in the online world.

Thanks.
:)

Hexgoblin

Post by Hexgoblin » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:53 pm

The balance team was a fun project to be part of, and I had the pleasure of meeting and befriending a fair few people who I'd never really interacted with before.

It really was something to be part of a group of individuals, most of who run over a decade deep as mechanically invested Arelith players, recounting past stories and experiences while weighing in on various topics. Especially since most of us had been on different sides from one another during in game faction conflicts and the like over the years, providing viewpoints from many corners of the community that'd otherwise rarely share their thoughts under one ceiling.

Did the team have its fair share of issues, through transitions between various stages of formality? Yes, it did. Were things peachy perfect even before the recent semi-drama? No. I'm not going to go ahead and say that the team was faultless in everything it did, or that things couldn't have been handled more professionally, because they absolutely could have been on our part. Its cancellation was not surprising. But it was a lot of fun while it lasted, a lot of good work was done, and I'm glad to still be in touch with most of those involved.

Furthermore, a gigantic kudos to ActionReplay and YellowCatEyes for all the implementation work and open-mindedness in discussion.

While my own time spent on Arelith has been steadily decreasing -- for entirely non-dramatic reasons, mind -- I sincerely do wish everyone involved the very best going onwards.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Irongron wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:50 pm
And really there is a huge amount to thank these guys for. That list of updates above were just excellent, and as I said later in the same often-quoted post was that the 'overwhelming majority' of what the did was very well received.
Why not bring them back then?

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:43 am

Misericordus wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:10 pm
I miss you guys.
+1

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:34 am

bring them back