Chancellor Katernin Bersk

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Xerah

Chancellor Katernin Bersk

Post by Xerah » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 pm

That was quite the ride. It was so fun getting everyone involved over the past three+ months.

When I created this character, a divination police state was one of my potential goals. I had no idea if I was going to be able to pull it off or not but I got the chance to do that which I can attribute to Tyros helping with the votes. And once things started, it just became a mass of more and more momentum.

The other thing that I'll so fondly remember about this character is all the new people I met along the way. There are really so many people name and I'd hate to miss anyone, so thank you all for all interaction in and around Cordor including: her cabinet, the Eyes of the Chancellor, those in the other settlements as tensions began to rise, the Azure Scrolls, those "friends" from the Arcanum, the "terrorists", people in the Arcane Tower, all the Banites, and all the random people I interacted with along the way. I hope it was just as positive for you as it was for me.

Also, I didn't even know the players of Peram and Crassus before starting and they both became key characters over the past two months as Chancellor (both ICly and OOCly) as we put these crazy plans into action. Pricilla, Dimitrios, Evrain, Alex also were big helps with the leadership along the way too. I couldn't have done it without you all.

In the end, she was killed by her hubris. Her attempts to get the attention of Savras then capture him in her staff lead her poor judgement in chasing what she thought was a divine gift from him.

I look forward to seeing the chaos that will result from her death and the new path that Cordor might take afterwards.

Eye open.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

BaRKyy

Re: Chancellor Katernin Bersk

Post by BaRKyy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Some of the best RP I've seen on this server, thank you for it.
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:08 am

You wrote and played a uniquely convincing and impactful villain who created a marvelous and fascinating story that provided the grounds and force for a hundred others to create their own stories within and without and toward and against it.

I'm sad I can't get more but delighted with what I could. You should feel awesome.

Done.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 am

Quality RP and a legacy that will go down in history on the server, well played =D

Gideon DeVay
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Gideon DeVay » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 am

It was wonderful to return to Cordor after a long absence and see so much meaningful RP generated from your efforts.

Big kudos to you and the gang for creating so much story and character conflict--that made us all look at our characters and what made them tick.

Hats off, very well done!
Last edited by Gideon DeVay on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zahlfire

Post by Zahlfire » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 am

Katernin was probably one of my favorite characters to have met on so many of mine and that I believe has influenced the server's story in such a grand way. I'm truly happy with what you managed to pull off and I'm looking forward to your next character!
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 am

What a brilliant character! Honestly, the ark with Cordor brought an entirely different perspective to how a town or city can be ran, and it was amazing thing to witness and be apart of, so kudos to you for the efforts.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Izaich

Post by Izaich » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:48 am

I absolutely love what you did with the place. It's sad to see the character go, but I'm excited to see what happens next and to encounter your next character.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:07 am

That was a huge amount of fun, thank you. I really liked what you did with Cordor and the conflict it generated, I'm glad I got to take part in the RP.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:06 am

Thank you for the wonderful RP, she will be missed...
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 am

katernin bae
🤡

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:25 am

the magocracy of cordor was the coolest thing to happen on the server for some time, well done to you and everyone else involved in making it happen

Rhavin76

Post by Rhavin76 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:21 am

Never spoke with you , never even seen you , let alone be in the same area as Bersk. But still for the longest time thought the character was DM's NPC making some server wide story plot , sending ripples across the whole Island.

*Bows deeply* My hat off to you .

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:04 am

_bugger

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 am

Thank you for an absolutely wild ride in Cordor this last few months.
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:01 am

You created an amazing story for many of us! Thank you so much for everything you did!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 am

there is evil there that does not sleep... the great eye--it is ever watchful

rip eye memes

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am

I've been playing arelith for over a decade now, I'd say that Katernin has to at least be one of, if not the, very best chancellor of Cordor I've ever seen. We've had a few... shall we say shady chancellors 'talk the talk' of Cordor, but she was one of the first I think to walk the walk. You as a player must have guts of pure, raw adamantium. I'm sorry that computer issues meant I couldn't quite give her the ending she deserved. A really brilliant character, I hope she remains the standard for which other conflict making chancellors are judged by.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Adam Antium

Post by Adam Antium » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:38 pm

I have not been online for a few days, but I'm sad to hear Katernin is gone - Odin's job as Ambassador so far was almost entirely revolving around dealing with Cordorian shenanigans behind the scenes.

You and I never once met IC, but your RP was a big driver for me and a decent driver for the server overall because of the far-reaching implications of what you'd created.

Excellently done.

TheFox
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TheFox » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm

*doffs cap*

Excellently done.
Currently Playing: Aisha al Jaziri yr Mirai

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I liked Katernin. What was fun is that Kat showed you can have potentially evil or even misguided chancellors who are doing possible bad things but think they are doing good things without having to resort to exiling all opposition and seizing all the oppositions property. Even with some of the ooc grief you were taking, Kat wanted the rp of most the opposition being able to show up and speak out. It refreshing to see someone who isn't just about staying in power, but wanting everyone to feel part of it regardless if they were supporters or opposition.

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Hats off to Katernin and Xerah. Absolutely wonderfully done and played. My real life schedule got pretty full just around the time she was first elected, so I never got to experience it all as much as I wanted, but it made Cordor consistently interesting and exciting.

I only hope the next Chancellor is even half as good. The bar is set incredibly high.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Katernin was amazing, the Cordor Magocracy arc was incredible. Really great job, I have never been so excited to see Cordor's latest happening in all my time playing. It's a shame that I never got involved like I wanted to. Next time!

Volograd
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Volograd » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Time constraints kept me out of this series of events, but even just watching from the sidelines was nothing short of beautiful.

Well done.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:25 pm

DM GrumpyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 am
I've been playing arelith for over a decade now, I'd say that Katernin has to at least be one of, if not the, very best chancellor of Cordor I've ever seen. We've had a few... shall we say shady chancellors 'talk the talk' of Cordor, but she was one of the first I think to walk the walk. You as a player must have guts of pure, raw adamantium. I'm sorry that computer issues meant I couldn't quite give her the ending she deserved. A really brilliant character, I hope she remains the standard for which other conflict making chancellors are judged by.
Agreeth with Grumpy Cat here completely.
Please don't feed my sister.