Valen Marsk Retirement Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Chosen Son

Valen Marsk Retirement Kudos

Post by Chosen Son » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:58 pm

Valen was my first pc to get deeply involved in the goings on in Andunor. The 8-9 months I played him were some of the funnest times i've had playing nwn pws over the past 15 years. And while I have no idea what I want to do next, I want to thank everyone that made playing Valen so much fun. I've likely forgot some names, and will update them if I remember. Much love all.

Vance Gravelle: After having Vance as an enemy on a previous character, it was an utter joy to be able to partner up with him this go around. Vance creates story and conflict just by existing, and the player is a writer with very few equals. It was very much a concept high light to be able to watch him do what he does so close up, and have him as Valens partner in crime in the many conflicts in Andunor.

Zyndahrie: Played a wonderful player, Zyndahrie helped Valen find a place for himself in Andunor, and educated him in the ways of the Underdark helping him navigate Andunorian politics in his early, formative days, before going on to become a very close ally, and one of the few people Valen moderately trusted.

Belfryn: The closest person Valen had to a brother in the UD. Brother in arms, sane counter weight to more extreme members of their group. Always a good time, and many laughs interacting with the pc.

Duvain: Duvain and Valens joint antagonism towards Xyvilkor played a big role in starting the chain of events that led to much bigger things over last spring and summer. Valen always tried to look out for Duvain, even if he knew she could more then take care of herself as thanks for an early act of kindness.

Matthew Gravelle: Didnt get to interact as much with Matthew as I did with Vance on Valen, but what interaction I did manage always made me smile. Their gossiping during important meetings, or that memorable moment drinking right before Isak departed are things I look back at with a smile.

Jhaamdath: The second of two drow weaponmasters that Valen found a kindred spirit in. They spent hours speaking of philosophy and the warriors life, however much he could get on his nerves. Valen would speak of him long after the character and player were no longer around.

Elrith: If Belfryn was Valens brother, then Elrith was his sister, and he looked out for her very protectively. First out of respect to Vance, and then out of what passed for fondness in his cold dark heart. Valen very much enjoyed his time with Elrith, as did I.

Okakri and the Rosemaws: Got to rp with shamefully few of the tribe, but Okakri and Valen had so many memorable discussions and even an adventure or two. His ties and friendship with Okakri played a big role for him in his last months. He liked and trusted the Kobold to an extent that if he had ever had to kill her, or her tribe he would have felt geniune sadness.

Isandra: Despite things becoming tenser towards the end, Isandra and Valen managed to make it work as occational partners in crimes, and conversationalists.

Senua and Leon: Despite Valen not being sure what to make of them at first, both of them grew into fast allies, and Valen genuinely respected both, and enjoyed his talks with them. He had much <3 for Senua for buffing him before the Beast fight, and backing him and Vance during many important early conflicts.

Ilphaeryl:
Valen and Ilphaeryl got along better then a LE human, and Drow had any right to get along. They manged to eke out a respectful, and mutually beneficial partnership. With the exception of Vance, Ilphaeryl was the only other person Valen would have hestitated before moving against. Keep rocking her. <3

Ravares:
Valen thought her a trainwreck, but respected her regardless for her Xunviir name, her willingness to stand up for her beliefs and the city, and hear fearlessness. Too little rp was had, but I relish what we managed.

Tebryn:
Valen had much respect for Tebryn, not just because he stood beside him and Vance at key moments, but because he showed courage and strenght against the hostility of an Andunor with little tolerance towards his faith, managing to carve out a home for him, and his. He was a very valued member of Valens inner circle.

Nalaufein: Another Xunviir, and another Drow male Valen greatly respected, and valued. Always great, and consistent roleplay from this player, and seeing him in the hub, or tagging along on an outing was a sure sign that the quality of rp just rose.

Quillian: Despite all the tension and hostility between the two at start, and the former never truely leaving, Valen grew to tolerate, and even find some enjoyment in his occational run ins with the tiefling. The late night discussion over drinks, and the meal of blood soup stand out particularily as high points of their antagonistic "friendship."

Althaea: Our TZ or ig circles never fully overlapped, but Althaea was the kind of character that could not help but stand out, and when stars aligned, and we finally got to interact some, it served to remind me why I adore the UD so much. Great player, and amazing character.

Sencliff, Xyvilkor, Barrith, Void Cult: Enemies that were fun to conflict against, and in the case of the Void Cult, and Barrith led to many interesting intereactions. Such as an odd friendship starting to form but never getting there with Rauvlin after the fall of her house, or genuine sadness at having to turn on Sojouner, who he considered a friend.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Valen Marsk Retirement Kudos

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Several of my chars had the pleasure of getting to know Valen.
Great personality with a lot of perceivable depth to it.
Thanks for all the RP, it was fun! :)

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Valen was great. <3. Glad to have gotten the chance to RP with you on him!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Sathiroth

Post by Sathiroth » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 am

Valen will always be missed and remembered. Glad to have rp'ed with him. Looking forward what other great characters you create and influence all those around you, cheers!

Belfryn - Retired

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:07 am

Arak considered Valen to be of Orog in Heart he Respected him Immensely. He will be missed greatly.
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Was fun running into you when I did. Wish our time's aligned a bit more. Good luck in w.e you end up doing next.

carpe dium syndrome

Post by carpe dium syndrome » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:42 pm

Loved the rp, loved the character, love the player. <3 Zyn.