Sarai Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Sarai Kudos

Post by woodbreeze » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 am

It's time to move onto other things, so I rolled Sarai. She's in normal reward heaven, and left the island as quietly as she came.

I've got a bunch of names to mention, I'm really sorry if I forgot yours.

The Shields
my baby. before I go naming specific people, just wanna say I love all of you guys. I always looked forward to every meeting in the Axehold, every little adventure, the ''culture'' and traditions, all the planned training or the random bursts of fun. All of the inner and outer conflicts/plots were exciting too. This group was truly the bulk of my character.

Derristan Barley - the best first axe. Derristan is a simple but very human character, very easy to enjoy. His reaction to everything was one of the ones that I looked forward to the most. I'm glad that I got to meet you and know your character, and I'm happy to have worked alongside you in the faction. Truly an awesome player. <3
Korlic Bungir - Best boy. A very lovable character with an interesting story behind him. Always brightens my day to see the local friendly giant stomping about. Sarai will never agree with him, but that last conversation they had was up there with the neat ones I've had.
Anavia Strobl-Klennald - the most wholesome officer, yet totally capable of kickin' butt and taking names. I loved watching (and maybe even being the reason lol?) her grow from a innocent babu to who the character is now.
Teriana Strobl-Klennald - My favorite thing is Teriana asking Sarai if she can murder someone and Sarai just nods her head. I have no idea if she actually goes through with those things, but angry Teri is my favorite thing to see and interact with. She's a fun character.

Kazerthan - Sarai was honestly so relieved to finally have someone reliable to dump all those dang tasks on lol. Kazerthan was always really excited to get involved with whatever she has to throw at him. What a trooper.
Nick Jones - What a wholesome boy. His story is really neat and I like all the conversations we’ve had together so far, they’ve been very meaningful, very expressive. I really enjoyed the mentor/student thing we had for a moment there.
Aubrey Clarke - What a fun character, and one mine sort of saw as a scapegoat for some of her frustrations. Pulling him into a room full of banites during the Guldorand mission was kind of hilarious, like waving a slab of meat in front of a bunch of lions. Poor, poor Aubrey. Really cool player too, thanks for letting me drag you along on things as well as having Aubrey put up with Sarai’s bullying. :D
Claire - Claire is my favorite Shield. My absolute favorite thing is probably all the witty banter exchanged between her and Sarai when they’re on the job. Always so clever, always trying to be subtly savage to one another. She’s such a well rounded and polished character, and she always seems to have some new, interesting things about her every time we meet. It’s been really awesome playing with you, and I can’t really express that enough.
Jared Oster - One of the first things Jared asked Sarai to do back when she was a recruit was to help burn down someone’s house. If that isn’t a hook for a character, I don’t know what is. Jared was a controversial character for many IG, but mine often found herself agreeing with him. Was sad to see him go but what time I got I really enjoyed, thank you!

Thanks also goes to Thirteen, Leena, Lucina, Noori, Arien, Anakh, Sera, Severa, Leena, Khor, Raegwynn, Gareth, Shihar, Nadya, Marcel, Storm, Jennalee, Ysolda, and all the baby recruits/shields whose names I forget.

The Townsfolk
Ezekiel Klennald - the cool dad mayor with too many kids. You were the first person to invite me into the community and you always made an effort to interact with me and listen to what my character had to say. I can’t imagine playing a politician is easy, either. The spiritual talks were always the talks I look forward to most.
Dora Goodman - I can always count on a hello and a bard song when Sarai runs into her. When I think Guldorand, she’s one of the first people I think of. Thanks for always involving me with things, no matter what the circumstances were.
Samantha Lockheart - GOD BLESS YOU SAMANTHA, SCOURGE OF DROW. okay I tease. I’m really glad that you let me drag your character on that mission. I feel like I got to know a lot more about Sam after that, she’s a really cool character, and she has an approach to things that is a breath of relief from the usual status quo.
Milanaith Nostalfay - Thanks (and congratulations) for being the very first person to figure Sarai out, and for providing me with some conflict while I was in Guldorand. Watching their relationship develop and slooowly go downhill was interesting and exciting to work around! I’m really happy to have gotten at the very least one person excited.
Elatha Nostalfay - The panther fruit fairy. Sarai overestimated how much of a pushover Elatha was. She was quickly corrected. I didn’t RP with her much apart from that, but I put you here because you are an awesome, kind player that is always ready to listen. <3
Jacethunn Nerelith - I think Jace and Sarai quickly butted heads on many ‘’ideals’’ when they got to know each other a little more, which I really appreciated. Always such a troublemaker, always a source of conflict for Sarai even if some secretly so. The rare moments they agreed on something were fun too.
Diane Nerelith - girl power dude. Diane is very clever and has a very loud personality. Emotional in a realistic way, even. She's a really cool character and I hope to see her go on to do cool things. That showdown in Guldorand was awesome.

Thanks also to Lyria, Piper, Nora, Patrick, Lladria, Brin, Mather, Aliana, Kels, Meriam, all the delegates.

Shout-out to the allies, the enemies, the neutral. There are too many of you to mention, but I did enjoy reaching out and interacting with all of you, wherever and whatever that ended up being.

Friends?
Eijaa - the dwarf mage who seems to be even more blunt than Sarai. All the lessons on magic and its concepts were fun, seeing as Sarai was totally magic-stupid coming to the island. She was a great travelling buddy, too. A walking encyclopedia of information and magic lore, I always loved asking her questions.
Hariel - I met this one early on. Hariel helped me define some of my character’s ideals and ‘’morals’’ early into her development, while I was still really struggling to figure out her voice. Meeting him later on was a treat because I really got to compare how far the character had grown. I’m grateful for that. On top of that, Hariel himself was a mysterious and interesting character, fun to talk to. Awesome dude.
Ro - Rggggh. My favorite half-orc. Anything he said was always really fresh and clever, and I really enjoyed any chance I got to interact/talk with him on Sarai. Ro helped develop angles of my character's personality I hadn't looked at before, and often acted as a voice of reason to her sometimes angry personality. The conversations that they had seemed to get more angsty as time went on, but I appreciate drama that feels natural. Admirably there's a really mature roleplayer behind him, you're really cool!
Diamanda - Not really Sarai’s ‘’friend’’, but thanks for being the source of conflict for my character later on. I hope you enjoyed all of Beauty’s love letters and all the games. Diamanda has some really funny dialogue, especially when she’s paired up with Caine.
Nick Aerthur - I wasn’t expecting to run into this character, but some of the coolest interactions happen when you don’t expect them. Thanks for entertaining all of my character’s questions, it’s probably crazy to be thrown on the spot like that, especially when it comes to religion, but you handled them with grace.
Ven’ynore - The elf that’s always sick about love. Sarai had to try very hard to keep her personality in check around her. She was at least entertained by her bears and thought it was funny to ask sweet Ven’ynore all these bloodthirsty, uneasy questions about them.
Sojourner - Thanks for being cool to run into. At first I was really tempted to just rename the room’s door ‘’Sojourner’’ as a knee jerker and be done with it, but I’m glad I didn't. The conversations that note led to were really interesting, and I always looked forward to accidentally stumbling into him again to talk about books.

Banites
The foundation for everything that my character did. All of these characters made everything worthwhile in the end. I’ve never played a character like this consistently before, it’s been a learning experience but a very fun one in the end, thanks to all of these people. Very motivational bunch, especially since they intimidate the heck out of both Sarai and me.

Tyros - Sarai went from being a character that thought "I have to do this to prove myself worthy" to "I want to do this because I am worthy", thanks to the Lawgiver himself. I really can't put into words that do this character justice on how awesome he was, I just know that I really enjoyed all of my interactions with him. Thanks again for making something cool.
Malavhan - I think some of my coolest conversations were with this one. All of our characters’ talks have been really unique and have a layer of depth to them that I don’t find too often. It was fun to expand on some of the more sensitive parts of Sarai’s character - likewise, it was really interesting to gleam/piece together the parts of his character that he showed, too.
Kross - Finding out about Kross's conversion was a treat. Growing to understand his character after such a reveal was even more so. One of the few characters that Sarai found relatable, even if she didn't want to admit it. I really liked all the vulnerable moments Kross had, and I'm glad he was one of the few people to brave poking hard at Sarai's own. :)
Castellan, Lazarus, Elaine - Disguise squad. I just liked this little ''friend'' group we had going on for a hot minute and thought it worth mentioning, even if it didn't last. Each one of you are pretty cool in your own, unique ways.

Kaeris, Sheris, Arri, Sevrana, Cory, Araris, Varith, Ithilmor, Tarek, the rest who I forget, all deserve mentioning too. Cool people. I wish I had more words in my brain to give you all the praise you deserve. Thanks for making the waters of Arelith rough, not everyone has the courage to do so.

And finally, thank you to DMs Titania, Avalon Soul, Senke and the other DMs who have made things spicy and fun. <3

A Soul of Stone

Re: Sarai Kudos

Post by A Soul of Stone » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:32 am

Evil evil Sarai. She was great, a nice blunt buddy who Eijaa knew she could just be her blunt self - Sarai wouldn't get offended. The interactions between those two and Ven'ynore were always funny; with Ven'ynore being so much the opposite. I really enjoyed Sarai - even if I only saw her while she was a spy.

Eijaa didn't have friends, but Sarai was one of those that Eijaa would actively seek out.

I knew your previous two characters and it was great to see you take on someone that was so much harsher, someone outright mean - and make a really memorable character. I know I'll hear what you get up to next, and I'm sure it'll be as great!

Kudos, and thanks for all the RP!

Jaqlin
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Jaqlin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 am

Oh Sarai, I will miss you around..

First let me describe how it was ICly..

For Ana then you and Arien was always her older sibilings. Arien was the gentle happy man that always encourage people, and Sarai the Harsh one, that always expected more.. But deep down even though Sarai had a dark heart and was harsh, then she still gave a key to Ana to her home and they made pancakes together. Who can say that! making pancakes with a banite!! :O
I always enjoyed playing with Ana when you where around, and sometimes even when harsh, then it was wonderful RP!

For Milanaith - She knew you where up to something! Called you out, and even when called out Sarai remained calm and collected, You even fooled Ezekiel and Derristan. Which I might say, is quite the fee! I swear you slipped up only a few times as a spy, and there was even time on Mila, I was not sure.

So sum it up, I had the pleasure of meeting both Sarai in the good and bad.. And I feel I really know this char and loves it.

Now for Sarai OOCly:

Being a shield leader is hard, You and Derristan run a tight ship, but I know what you did for the shield. You recruited constantly, You where at events. (even my own event with Ana Yay!) you where always around and ready to pitch in on others events as well.

The amount of time you put into trying to build the shield deserves such great praise and admiration, you are truly the example what Arelith represent when you truly get caught into a faction, though Sarai the char is gone, who ever gets your new chars dedication and time, is lucky.. You are without a doubt in my eyes one of the best officers the shield had..

I wish you the best of luck in the future! <3 who ever gets your new chars loyalty should count themselves lucky

best regeards from

Mila and Ana.

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 pm

What a character Sarai was! Truly a great example of how toons with different alignments can still work, enjoy time together or even share goals. She was played ruthless and tough as nails without ever turning into a cliché or stereotype and hats off for that.
The personality she had was backed up with a well thought out backstory that she was very restricted about sharing but every now and then you'd get little glimpse into to it and it would just make sense.

Sarai was a character with flaws and in a world of 'perfect' heroes and villains that always makes me really happy to see.
Basically there are just tons of great things I can say about the character and how much she affected mine in the end, for better and for worse!

Same goes for the player! Kind, funny and always helpful with the faction she helped me run.

So massive kudos and I hope we'll see another of your creation soon!

BaRKyy

Post by BaRKyy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Sarai was absolutely amazing <3
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:04 pm

“I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.”

World-class RPer and even better person. I enjoyed every minute, and I'm only sorry that it didn't last longer.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

dragonlad43

Post by dragonlad43 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:19 pm

That final conversation was definitely one for the scrapbooks.
Sarai was such an awesome character with a wonderful arc and character plot!
IG, Korlic always looked up to Sarai and was hoping for a while that she might find light and return to the shields. She did a lot to help Korlic out when he first got to Guldorand and continued to serve as a mentor to him throughout his Shield career.
Sarai will definitely be missed <3
Korlic has some big Marshal shoes to fill!

Adrian Devereux - Active
Robert Drake - Alt
Korlic Bungir - Rolled
Gareth - Rolled

Love always wins in the end

Post by Love always wins in the end » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 pm

It was always fun to RP with Sarai. Elatha was terrified of her for quite a long time, slowly getting more and more confidence.

Sarai will be missed, but I will be excited to see what you play next. Hope we'll get to RP more.

HappyHippie

Post by HappyHippie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:17 pm

ooooh Sarai ... you're going to make me cry now. :p

Where do I begin. Playing Jennalee - when Jenn first met Sarai, she wasn't sure if Sarai liked her or not. Jenn did not care of the Recruit that seemed to shadow Sarai everywhere, so she kept her distance ... it wasn't until Jenn actually realized that Sarai was a Sergeant did things begin to settle in her perspective for this one. She truly looked up to her.

Playing Di, I got to rp with you from a slightly different angle, which was really nice. And still absolutely an amazing experience. Di still wanted to have that conversation with her, and I'm a bit sad that it won't happen. Though all in all, I'm very honored to be named in your kudos post, and even more so that I had the opportunity to rp with you on two different characters. Sarai was complex, bold, well thought out and portrayed and just all around amazing.

As a player, thank you so very much for your awesomeness and I hope to see you around :)
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity." - Joseph Addison

Diana Wyndyr - Active
Gyda Skógr - Semi-Active
Melina Willows - Shelved

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks for entertaining the grumpy note that lead to further interactions! It was meant to start a conversation and the chats we had regarding books and my dodging questions were quite enjoyable. A shame you rolled before I got a few new novel reads for my "personal" collection to share.

I think my favorite interaction was the one where you didn't recognize me, and I pretended to be really interested in a tree. No shady business going on here "nope".

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next, and best of luck.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Ah heck She's gone?

Well, Rest in peace, An absolute treat of a character with a brilliant player behind them. I look forwards to whatever you decide to do next!

I'm sad I never got to RP with her as much as I wanted on Meriam, But what I did was very enjoyable. So many thanks there :)

p.s Top song too!
Howling around all year long

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:00 am

Sarai was a driving force in my story with Ro. Loved every moment. You're fantastic.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:44 pm

I almost missed this one.
Jared was a controversial character for many IG, but mine often found herself agreeing with him. Was sad to see him go but what time I got I really enjoyed, thank you!
<3.

You were his favorite.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

pigman

Post by pigman » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:57 am

Whenever Aubrey returns from his hiatus he will surely be devastated to learn that Sarai is gone, she often grounded him and was one of the few people he ever has cared about (if he is capable of such between bouts of insanity)

The next round of ilithid tentacle juice is in honour of Sarai!