Tristan Elur'on Regains his Lost Memories and Kudos Thread!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hedgehog
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Tristan Elur'on Regains his Lost Memories and Kudos Thread!

Post by Hedgehog » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm

This was probably one of the most funnest, but also unexpected arcs I've been tasked on since starting on Arelith a few months ago, and I'm so grateful for the time and care everyone put in helping our amnesiac Paladin Leader buddy come to terms with who he was, as well as help him ultimately regain his memories!

There were a hefty number of people involved on the Oathkeeper's journey to recall and recover his identity, but I'll try to give a shout to as many of you as possible:

Tyreal Tristam - Red Knight Templar and great friend of Tristan, and an amazing roleplayer!
Rayne- Shieldwarden of the Gauntlet, who's report really helped Tristan figure out the details of the battle as they happened
Videla Grassfield- Your hin absolutely BEAMS with amazing incredible personality. She was critical in helping Tristan figure out what it means to be, and relearn how to be a Human and a Knight. It was an incredibly engrossing moment they shared.
Myla (Doctor, I forgot the specific name, sorry!) - Helped greatly in identifying Tristan's retrograde/anterograde Amnesia issues, as well as gave him the medicine needed to tolerate the pain and condition and get better
Nina Softstep - I love you <3 Thank you for taking the time to stop and make sure Tristan was okay, and for the RP as always.
Bea'Blade (?) and Kitali - The two bystanders who happened to find Tristan when he was unconscious at Chauntea's altar, and helped him awaken. Excellent roleplay and personalities from you both :)
Lavanya Beckett and Ari-Satiah - Two extremely lovely people and talented roleplayers who helped take Tristan in to help figure out potential root causes of his condition, and also verify he wasn't still under any nefarious influences.
Zuulanii Ironblood and Tristan Wilkensen - Of the Gauntlet, among those who helped Tristan relearn who he was.
Rhaeg - An incredible, grizzled anti-hero who actually took genuine care in order to help a Paladin regain his memories, also assisting in figuring out root causes and ensured there weren't any shady/evil shadow presences still lingering within.
Wallace Lyonall and Ries Fuzzypaw - Always a pleasure to interact with
Emma and Dregan Young - Two excellent, top tier Roleplayers in my mind that also assisted Tristan with coming to terms with who he was, and provided him with guidance needed to make the right decisions needed for the Order during his time of sickness.
Rosalie Young - Your cheerful personality is always a hoot!
Ja'ce Eluron - Tristan's sister by blood, for helping him get acclimated and always pushing him to check and verify his morals- for being the wild card that helps me think critically about how a Paladin would react to morally ambiguous...
Konstantin Helbrecht - More of an analytical presence that clearly spotted something was wrong with Tristan and observed... You and your character are always a blast to interact with. I love his dry and sardonic wit so much!
Bjorn - Amazing roleplayer, an awesome jovial friendly teddybear!
Jensen Whisper - Tristan's best friend who also acts as his moral anchor, therapist, and basically other half. These two are truly two sides to the same coin. Brothers, essentially, really. <3
All of the Gauntlet folks!

And a special thanks goes to...

The players for the Warlocks, Animators, and Shadowdancers involved with the scene, specifically the Sojourner! Thank you for being the perfect villains Tristan needed to come across in order to take his development as a Paladin and as a character further, and for helping Lief and Bael on their quest!

Lief Saltvik - The Bard and Tristan's longest, eldest long time best friend since they were essentially kids. An AMAZING roleplayer and truly good, IRL friend of mine. You were able to pick up the game so fast, your roleplay as a genuinely good, but also kind of a foil for Tristan's lawful proclivities, Bard is among the best I've ever seen. Such a great personality, and you are also such a great friend and I'm so glad you were involved and on board with being a critical part in helping Tristan ultimately get his memories back.

Bael Aesan - In addition to Lief, this player is an amazing roleplayer and the character was also a critical part in Tristan's growth and responsibile for helping him regain his memories. He and I both owe a debt of gratitude. :D

DM Starfish - For following up with and assisting with Lief and Bael's quest, making it possible for Tristan to indeed actually get his memories back in an organic and such an amazingly creative way. Every single interaction with you has proven time and time again you carry the qualities of an excellent and legendary storyteller; important for every DM to have. I have so much appreciation and love for you, the work you do, and for the team overall that helps makes Arelith truly come to life.

And last but certainly not least...

All of the Open Hand people - I know this created a lot of intense turmoil and drama in character, but I am so appreciative of each and every one of you for rolling with the punches and sticking with it. It truly shows that Tristan has been making all the right choices in whom he associates and accepts into the Order and family. The arcs and behaviors, actions observed by all were so incredibly nuanced- each and every one of you are talented role players.

There's still so many other people to thank; if I forgot about you please forgive me! I love and appreciate interacting with each and every one of you!
Last edited by Hedgehog on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I’ve got the power of god and anime on my side!

Seren

Re: Tristan Elur'on Regains his Lost Memories and Kudos Thread!

Post by Seren » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:33 pm

This was a super wholesome read. I've known (of) your character since day 1 when Ja'ce introduced him to Katherine. You've come a super long way and I'm really glad to see your character succeeding. <3

Well Adjusted

Post by Well Adjusted » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:55 am

Thank you for giving Myla the opportunity to do some doctor-y roleplay on my first day of playing her in a while. :D

Tristan, and the Open Hand, seem very cool - I hope I'll get more chances to play with you.

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 pm

I love Tristan. He’s a fun and interesting character with many subtle complexities. You do a great job and thank you for being an amazing leader keeping a long standing Order (although the name is wrong) alive! It takes a lot of effort to be a faction leader and to keep it alive and fun for others. Thank you!

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

BHR55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BHR55 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:16 pm

I am pleased your character was able to reach a new satisfying point in their story, and as the antagonists it was enjoyable extracting our price in exchange for any assistance rendered. Lief and Bael were both especially enjoyable to interact with towards the tale end of my involvement in this.
Those that were taken prisoner during the catalyst of this event were also great sports, and I hope you enjoyed the interaction despite the non stop interruptions.
Starfish is especially awesome as always breathing life into NPCs, and in this case helping to make use an often overlooked set piece.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:27 am

No! Thank you all! All of these cool events wouldn't be possible without you all! :D
Roleplay is a two way street.

Darius Tristam

Post by Darius Tristam » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 pm

I always enjoy our times together. We got many more to go!