Skal (And now general grumpycat) Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Skal (And now general grumpycat) Kudos

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 pm

I ralize this is a bit odd - not the way these things often go - but I wanted to thank the Skal players today for running with an event involving the execution of some bandits.

The disussions afterwards were especially interesting. I've never gotten around to actually really playing on Skal, and so I went into it really fearful. I didn't know the player base/style well, I didn't know the area well (big shout out to DM Wraith who helped me with setup and educated me about the area a bit too), I was so worried I'd mess it up awfully. But I found the entire experience delightful and refreshing.

There were some facinating arguments, some excellent characters and great rp was had, and I think will continue to be had, as we see the reverberations of this continue. Thank you all!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Skal Kudos

Post by Cabarcos » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:37 am

Yes, it was interesing. What could have finished as go there kill that, turned in a interesting debate that could have repercusions in the future development of the town.
Skal is hard and it's not just the snow.

It make me think about the differences about killing to complete a writ and the public executions. It´s extrange, or not, that it made my pj fill dirtier to watch the executions than when he directly kill someone that attacks him or to complete a writ.

Nodders

Post by Nodders » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Skal is... Skal.

It was a fun event. Heads rolling really brought out some contrasting opinions on the whole thing.

And a lot of Zhentarim hate. People don't like them Banites! /shrug

It's fun to see such things just happening randomly in the world though. Thanks, Grumpy.
Characters
Kira Fairbanks - Low Wis, High Drag Adventurer
Veldrin Zau'ar - Totally-Not-A-Murder-Hobo

l33tfragiletings

Post by l33tfragiletings » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 am

Skal's always full of surprises, I love winter wonderland.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Skal (And now general grumpycat) Kudos

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Another Kudos to all those players who took part in tonights Cakewalk!

To name a few Borik ,Glorin, Afa, Caspian, Lishan, Keldrik, Maeve - and my deepest apologise to any I've missed. Thank you for baring with me though a pause for a rl emergency, and I hope you had fun with the little event.

I'm just glad muffin went wrong and you put up with my half backed ideas. I did worry it could go to crumbs but in the end you rose to the occasion and got a sweet ending. The excellent rp that came with it was just the icing on the cake!

But seriously, thank you all!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)