Belated Kudos from Oscar One-Eye, Jack of All Trades, Bad at everything

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

WanderingPoet

Belated Kudos from Oscar One-Eye, Jack of All Trades, Bad at everything

Post by WanderingPoet » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Oscar One-Eye, the Scamp and jack of far too many trades and terrible at everything. His 'official' job description was that he was a 'scamp, locksmith, trap wrangler, alchemist, sharpshooter, warrior, mage, urban druid, shapeshifter, defender, scout, gem polisher, inventor and politician'.

He has always been a lot of fun; a little crazy, very lucky, and somehow wins at a lot of things when he really shouldn't! In the time that I played him he went from Skal as he learned how to survive, to Bendir where he learned how to run a settlement, to Cordor with his political ambitions and screwups to focusing on the Dark Heart Grove and learning how to be a druid to finally calming down and joining The Den, falling in love and leaving the isle to chase her down.

It was a blast, and he'll be back some day! When I went on break originally I didn't think to make a kudos thread, so this is just a delayed one. If I forgot anyone's names I still thank you for the RP, it's just been 2+ years!

Skal and Skaljard: Where Oscar first came into his abilities, becoming a jack of all trades and making great life long friends. Right after EE launched it was great to try somewhere new!

Wrona - Oscar's first love, he tried for years to woo her without having any idea how to do so. Strong yet kind. The tenday after he admitted his love finally Wrona left; harsh but perfect for his story!
Vallin Krown - Oscar's best friend in Skal; it was strange that he disappeared! It was great to run through all of Skal with you
Petra Forst - The greatest tiny paladin
Lowell Forst - The greatest tall paladin
-----------

Bendir: Bendir was right after Skal, where Oscar met Mayor Meriam and got to try out being a deputy. He learned a lot from those interactions which helped him in his political goals.

Meriam - Oscar's best friend, if Maya hadn't taken her then he'd have chased after her. I hope she's enjoying the cheese machine. Thank you for helping Oscar learn how to run a settlement
Tabitha - Tabby, she hated him for a while but then they became good friends.
Oskar - Oskar and Oscarr, so similar and so different; neither of them got what they wanted out of Bendir but there were great times!
Found - Oscar's buddy who died in a horrific way. The memorial was really sad.

Oscar and Oskar, and my favourite screenshot ever

Found's Memorial:
-----------

Dark Heart Grove: Being an Urban druid in the jungles is hard; the jungles are utterly opposite! But he came to understand himself and his abilities better, and he was loved by his little family. The Dark Heart was always there to support him and pick him up when he fell.

Rasa - Oscar new knew what Rasa thought of him, and Rasa also terrified Oscar. Like a good archdruid
Corbin - The old spiritwalker, Oscar promised to find you and drag you back if he had to, and one day he will! Your walkabouts are the best.
Tanar - Huff. The Malarite, and good friend. Oscar trusted Tanar enough to ask him to hunt him; and I think Tanar did succeed once!
Lilah Lannald - Lilah, Oscar could've spent days just hanging with Lilah eating cheese. A close friend!
Buppi - Please don't eat me.
Vaenthendril - Vaen was creepy, and Oscar remains mad at him for hurting Lilah. Always enjoy your RP!
Tryn Dralar - Alpha Tryn, the calm and quiet presence
Beryl Whitestorm - Sweet Beryl, Oscar was a real fan of her and she was the first druid he met on Arelith. If it hadn't been for his fear of Edgar, Oscar definitely would've spent more time with her! I enjoyed the druid RP we got to have
Edgar - Angry and aggressive Edgar, you terrified Oscar. He really thought you were going to punt him whenever you saw him.

Spiritwalking!
-------------
Attempted Chancellor of Cordor: Guardians of Cordor and their attempt to save Cordor from the foul corruptions of Amn. It was a nice coincidence that Oscar was from Amn himself; and he heard so much of what was wrong with Cordor. What could a hin do but try? First time trying to win a settlement's leadership position and I had a lot of fun.

Hanna Hornraven - Oscar's second! The to-be-Cordorian guard, the two tried their best to save Cordor but unfortunately not all things come to fruition
Rann McClow - Rann the misjudged, murdered yet still trying to help the isle afterwards. I always enjoyed our RP and I'm glad Oscar got to work with you!
Emelina Selizer - Eme; Oscar was a big fan of Eme, so kind yet strong and passionate
Silacaladhiel Thienfalin - Sila was scary, such a noble. If only our plan had worked!
Snow Emil - Doc' Snow, we almost got you a larger facility! Not that you wanted it, but you were a great source of information
Derristan Barley - Derri is great, one of my favourites. He's such a well designed character. Oscar will forever keep his title of funniest hin in Guldorand though! He still has the trophy for proof.
Piper Pike - Sweet Piper, Oscar really wanted to steal you from Derri. Those two had many adorable times, and he wishes her the best. He'd have been to her wedding if he could! Piper always made Oscar smile, and she always made me smile too.
Thaddeus Gradaigh - Thad and his crazy allies, you were troublemakers but at least we were all mostly ont he same side!
Alexa Domana - Alexa was such a sweet bean
Ghestaldt Blimth - The dwarves were great to work with. Ghest was right that Oscar was spending too much time working outside of Cordor to drum up support and not enough time inside. Ironically he got accused of being a spy for Brog later and almost murdered for it!
Amaera Queen of Myon - The elf queen (since he never learned you were 'Coronal'), they had a strange relationship, especially after Oscar shot at Zathlan's toes
Wyllanna and Qasi - Every hero needs a villain, and you two and your people (Rick, Sappo, etc) played the villains well! An up hill battle to try to remove Amnish corruption, that we eventually lost. It'd have not been nearly as fun in the attempt if it was easy, and even a loss is fun when you lose to solid villains.

Festival in Cordor lead by Piper Pike:
---------------
The Den: The Den. A great little retirement setup after the Guardians of Cordor and the Dark Heart dissolved and became inactive. 2 million gold made it easy to be silly and just relax.

Nel Willoweep - Sweet sweet Nel, Oscar had no idea how to woo her but somehow succeeded! It was probably the bright orange hair. Or Roo's urging. One day Oscar will catch up with her for that handfasting!
Giogi Silveroak - I don't know if you won, but it was a nice surprise to see you running for the same title Oscar had been; it was fun to pass on what Oscar had learned. It's chance encounters like that which are the best.
Camilia Tilinarie Silveroak - Cam is such a sweet lady, Giogi is lucky to have you! I enjoyed our RP
Rupert 'Roo' Silveroak - Crazy crazy Roo. You made a lot of people happy, sad, and jealous over your time in Cordor. You also embarrassed Oscar a lot, it was the best.
Miranda Magna - Miranda always made Oscar grin, I bet those two would've come up with some great ideas together if Oscar wasn't so busy chasing Nel!

Thank you everyone for all the RP; Oscar made a lot of friends/enemies and he was a blast. One day he'll be back, but not for a while yet! I'll end this with my favourite picture of Oscar, made by a player here, it really captures him!

Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Belated Kudos from Oscar One-Eye, Jack of All Trades, Bad at everything

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:05 pm

I love that screenshot of the Spiritwalk. The DH Grove was great. From just hanging out, to drugging the entire circle during a feast to investigating Spirit phenomenon. I loved it. Oscar was a fantastic addition to the family with his city and diplomatic approaches that countered the unashamed savages. <3

It was fun to see Oscar in his city element with the Den. My favourite scene was when he ordered that whip. I don't think Roo ever let him live that down. :p

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Wrips

Post by Wrips » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Ha! I remember doing writs with Oscar when I was playing Ülrich, my weaponmaster, in Skal two years ago! Good to see Oscar is doing well! Those were some fun times!

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:19 am

"So Corbin. Does this mean I can eat him now?"

Oscar was a fun character, who was a really different take on both naturewalkers and shifters. Each interaction was a blast and I looked forward to each one. Always enjoyed your characters that I've been able to interact with, and look forward to more!

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Drak » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 am

From one Oskar to another I miss Oscar! And yes, that screenie was the most amazing screenie!

O-H41

Post by O-H41 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:37 am

Just logging in for the first time in over a year to say: I love Oscar! We had some great times running around the island or hanging out in our jungle grove. Maybe we'll make more happy stories and memories together. Sending lots of love to the real Oscar One-Eye too. <3
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

RollerToaster

Post by RollerToaster » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am

I can't believe you remember Wrona. Lol. My first proper character on the server. She was really torn between staying with Oscar and returning to her family's caravan to care for her Grandmother. She always enjoyed their walks and talks between Bendir and the Grove.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 pm

Thanks everyone, keep being awesome <3
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.