Korlic Bungir's Shelving Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

dragonlad43

Korlic Bungir's Shelving Kudos

Post by dragonlad43 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Hello Everyone! As some of you may know, I am a college student, and navigating that life during a pandemic has proven to be exceptionally hard. Therefore, I will be taking a break from Arelith for a while, and shelving Korlic Bungir (and Robert Drake, for that matter).
While I fully intend on returning, life happens and can get messy, so I would like to give out some kudos in case I do end up never coming back. And also, I'd like to mention I'd give Kudos to everyone I met if I could, but my time is limited and my memory sucks so I'm just going off the top of my head. So love and kudos to everyone and the whole community!
So, on that note, in no particular order, here are some Kudos:

The Shields of Guldorand
Derristan Barley- Where the heck do I even begin? Derristan is such an awesome character and he and Korlic worked SO WELL together! Whether they were your resident bad-a** duo or resident dumb-a** duo, every interaction between the two of them was one to look forward to! I'll miss you, ya old bear, I'll see you when I get back!
Sarai Mercer- Another fantastic character. The dynamic between Korlic and Sarai was always interesting and very fun to role play. Korlic learned a lot from Sarai, and she definitely left some big shoes to fill (even though Korlic doesn't wear shoes). But my favorite interaction with Sarai will be that last conversation they had. That's one for the history books.
Kross Ashammer- Even though he's a traitor (:D), I'll include Kross under Shields. Kross's turn to the Zhentarim was integral to Korlic's character development and growth. Though he cared about his brother-in-arms, he certainly held some resentment. Every interaction they had was so much fun (even when Korlic got his butt-kicked)
The rest of you lovely people- If I tried to do one for every Shield I'd be here all day! You are all fantastic characters and I have fun with all of you! I look forward to RP-ing with you all again when I come back! Special Shout-Outs to: Reina Kennen, Souken Davis, Thekla Thunderfoot, Noori Frostblood, Sera Danelle, Barg, Thirteen, Kailis, and Triz'zon Blackoak!

The Fine Folk of Guldorand
Ezekiel Klennald- Mayor Zeke! Mega Dad! What a great character! Was also a pleasure to RP with you back when you held the reins. Hope he's doing well in retirement in Waterdeep, and I look forward to RP-ing with your new Shield when I come back!
The Goodmans- Some of my favorite people to see around Guldorand! Sam and Dora are such great characters and I hope to high heavens you both are here when I get back! Lots of love! Make sure Derristan doesn't burn the place down while I'm gone!
Mather Allias/Simone Beregnor- Hope I spelled those right! Great characters and always a blast to RP with! Mather was one of the first people Korlic met on the island and Simone remains a good friend to Korlic. Stay cool and I look forward to RP-ing with your characters in the future!
The Delegation- I just have to say, you all rock! You all work really hard and there's a reason Guldorand keeps thriving (I'll give you a hint: it's you all! Keep up the hard work! Special Shout-Outs to: Angela Amana and Kent DeLocke!

The Long List of Other Kudos (again, in no particular order):
Merry Fuzzypaw!
Galen Carodoc!
Exordius!
Khal-Dun!
Richter Vann!
Jacetuhn Nerelith!
Lyria!
Nora Strobl-Klennald!
Terriana Strobl-Klennald!
Anavia Strobl-Klennald!
Milanaith Nostalfay!
Elatha Nostalfay!
Diana Nerelith!
AND MANY, MANY OTHERS!!

I also want to give a shoutout to the DM team. You all are fantastic and we're lucky to have such dedicated people on the server.

Thank you for the good times, everyone! I look forward to more when I get back!

Adrian Devereux - Active
Robert Drake - Alt
Korlic Bungir - Rolled
Gareth - Rolled

Jaqlin
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Korlic Bungir's Shelving Kudos

Post by Jaqlin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:32 am

I love Korlic

I had plenty of fun with him both on Ana and Mila, I hope what ever char you are going to is going to be awesome

best regard

Milanaith and Anavia <3

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Korlic was arelith's friendly giant before giants were cool. you were one of my favorite people to rp with on Sarai, and I'm glad that you went on to do amazing things as her successor and enjoyed yourself all the while.

i know we always talked about having this rp but we never got to it. i like to imagine it happened eventually though, offscreen, so i doodled it in lieu of a screenshot (my laptop died so I lost most of them. :pensive:)

Good luck with school, and I hope to still see you around! I had fun!

Love always wins in the end

Post by Love always wins in the end » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:28 pm

I always enjoyed Korlic! Never felt disappointed after spending time with him. I hope that upon your return you find as much enjoyment as you had before, if not more :)

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am

I think you're making the right choice by taking a break from the game to focus on what's truly important. But with that said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss Korlic.

I truly echo what you write that our toons work well together, and I think we as players do too. I've had so many good moments with Korlic and so many good laughs!

I'll miss you and look forward to the return of the giant warrior that is Korlic! Don't be a stranger on Discord!

Mythic

Post by Mythic » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Gosh Korlic was always one of those characters I enjoyed seeing. The Huge shoeless mountain man is a wonderful style and he fit it so darn well. You truly made it your own and by golly I'll miss him!

I look forward to his hopeful return and wish you all the best in these strange times!
Howling around all year long