Drow Raiders

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Yma23

Drow Raiders

Post by Yma23 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 am

Dropping a Kudos to the Drow raiders tonight. Great sports, really friendly ooc, gave us some interaction before the attack - and mostly were just really awsome ooc too. Really appreciate that. Kudos for your attempt and looking forward to more!

ChaoticCuriosity

Re: Drow Raiders

Post by ChaoticCuriosity » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:26 am

Right back at you folks! Was a lot of fun from our side, picking away at the Dwarven defence line Battle of Hastings style while being peppered by elven arrow fire, before breaking to regroup and ending up having to repel a cavalry charge from the rear then finally having to fend off a fighting retreat while fleeing from the final unexpected opponent: sunlight.

Loved the strategy that both sides got to show and equally enjoyed the great sports from all around so, in short - thank you all! (And surfacers, we will see you all sooner than you think~)

And to the DMs who added those battlefield effects after, you rock!
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

BishopTDK4Q2

Post by BishopTDK4Q2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:30 am

Was a lot of fun, thanks for the feed back great to be part of a mutual enjoyed experience very impressive set up from the defensive side as well Kudos back to you.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:16 am

Man, that was amazing.

Far too many people to congratulate individualy.

Instead, have screenshots! I'm only sad I couldn't take some of the underdark raiders!

FairyTaleBiscuit

Post by FairyTaleBiscuit » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:34 am

... Well that was an improvised bit of lovely roleplay.. While i have a rough idea of how awesome the outside was, i'll thank you the drow and underdarkers for doing something interesting and innovative with a surface attack that brought about a secondary event as we saw today, very refreshing and fun!

Inside the tomb! thank you all who helped! and of course thank you Dm Temp! and other dms! you.. just wow... i have no idea how everything came together in the end!

And thank you to Ela'haeruilia, who killed a character off as a note worthy sacrifice concluding the purification ritual inside. The Pesky Drow Shall pay!
Last edited by FairyTaleBiscuit on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only the gods tell him what to do, and you should beware of men who take their orders from the gods.

Kahlua

Post by Kahlua » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:42 am

I just wanted to mention what an incredibly tense, but enjoyable bit of RP it was to run across the raiding group in the forest. It was fun and engaging RP, and I'm glad to have been mugged! :D Hope to see you folks again.
White Russian: 1 part Kahlua, 2 parts Vodka, 1 part heavy cream. Ice in first, then Kahlua and Vodka, layer the cream on top.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:31 am

It was fun time, I couldn't help feel sorry for the drow trying to get past the dwarf shield line. Seeing that line cracked me up. But I felt their pain as I am usually on the end of outnumbered and encountering a large group of prepared people I am suppose to attack. So my sympathy to you filthy drow. :D

Devil Dog
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Devil Dog » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:37 am

The Defense set up inside the elven burial grounds was awesome. And from an Elfs stand point, it was so freakin cool watching the Dwarves that came to our aid. The Wall of Dwarves, it was impressive and they stood their ground not giving chase and stuck to the Job at hand. Lots of confusion at first as we had three separate party groups. After the first drow attack, we fixed that right up so we wouldn't be running around killing each other with mistaken dislikes,lol.
I think everyone did an outstanding job with their roles, and there was ALOT going on.

Kudos to everyone involved. Super fun event and cant wait for our next encounter.

Super Kudos for Ela killing off what I've always thought of as an awesome character. Sad to see her go, but a damn good time to do it.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 am

The Sanctuary of La'laskra thanks you guys for your wonderful timing. Were it not for your raid deploying when it did, we might not have been able do do our dirty work in peace down below.

When the cats are away....The mice will play. We thank you for your timing. :)
Last edited by Durvayas on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Lost Valkyrie

Post by Lost Valkyrie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:31 am

Yeah...freakin Dwarven Shield walls...What a sight! Pretty sure I was the first casualty on team Dark , but not before ganking a couple of you :) I was Blimithed!

These little conflicts have not been without their bumps due to the sheer number of people involved but I do get an ooc sense of good will from our enemies (which will be your undoing!) These do seem to be healthy conflicts with the story being the main force behind everything and that is wicked.

Kudos to team good and your freakin Dwarvin Shield wall....I'm glad I missed the Elven Archers! What are you going to do next time? Halfling slingers?...

dirza

Post by dirza » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Elves were in the second linie. If you ran trough several elven warriors would swarm you with numerous archers pinning you in place.

The defenders lost one Dwarf to implosion and one Elf being killed in confusion by Dwarf. Guys outside werent part of our defense but Nicodemus, what was he doing outside that he died noone of us knows :arrow: :lol:

And no, you were not first one, but i loved how Dwarves blocked you from all sides and all together we cut you into pieces..it was like 6-7 warriors from all sides :D on poor Sheen.

FrozenNarhan

Post by FrozenNarhan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

dirza wrote: The defenders lost one Dwarf to implosion and one Elf being killed in confusion by Dwarf. Guys outside werent part of our defense but Nicodemus, what was he doing outside that he died noone of us knows :arrow: :lol:
Ah...the joys of being an overladen scout, and my luck at being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Arnoud443

Post by Arnoud443 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 pm

For one of the Dwarven wall devenders.. I had loads of fun actualy..

For all who didnt see the impressive wall of dwarfs. Here is a screenshot that was taken from the front of the wall: