To the Xal'rae attack

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

To the Xal'rae attack

Post by Twily » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:59 pm

A huge kudos to the Xal'rae house's attack upon the surface a few moments ago!

It was hectic, lots of lives were lost on both sides, and it was even low on lag!(Yay!)
Overall I found the entire experience very enjoyable and many others I talked with on both sides say the same.

Ramza

Re: To the Xal'rae attack

Post by Ramza » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:39 am

..Suuure. Having 20+ people hop on to fight 7. Please think before making posts like this, it just causes problems for other folk who get the short end of it.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 am

I spoke to a few individuals on the Xal'rae side who were quite satisfied with how it went.

To top it off, the Xal'rae side actually landed quite a few kills both before and during the main attack by Team Good.

Perhaps there was a rather large number who turned up to fight them- but when drow are on the surface causing problems, it should be expected that a large number will want to fight them back, especially when they remain in one location rather than staying on the move. Even more so when they receive a tip-off before the attack and they're left with the ability to prepare in advance.

Although I have taken note of your discontent with how things went(and can appreciate the point, in the words of ChaoticCuriosity), posting a comment like that on a kudos thread is rather out of place.
My kudos thread is directed at the Xal'rae house for carrying out an attack and creating RP. I imagine that includes you. You're basically saying to think before I compliment the instigator of a conflict(which in this case includes you), simply because that instigator didn't wipe out the(albeit a bit too large) force that showed up to stop them...
Last edited by Twily on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

ChaoticCuriosity

Post by ChaoticCuriosity » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 am

I can appreciated Razma's point though I enjoyed the interactions, both before and after the fight. The PvP itself was intense and showed a good reaction to Drow with two very capable forces crashing against one another for quite the set of fireworks, granted the numbers may have been a big extreme but I think it helps show just how interested people were in getting involved. So for that I have to extend a thanks to all who came and took part!

If anything the numbers brought give us a better idea of what to field in the future and hopefully we can arrise the occassion. To Amadeo and the Eldafire who we RPd with briefly before the fight - thank you very much for taking the time for that. And Elysia for making herself into a new nightmare for the Drow in terms of speed!

On my own end, I'd like to also extend and addition bit of kudos to the Wharftown set who I interacted with after, all very enjoyable to RP with and OOCly very chill with is always makes it that much more fun.
Now I just need to *invis, haste and ruuuun!*
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Lost Valkyrie

Post by Lost Valkyrie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:45 am

Kudos to Azrael for a great prisoner experience. I am not really sure of everyone else who was involved because of all the Chaos but it surely was intense.

Ventus Sonitum

Post by Ventus Sonitum » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 am

That was a Chaotic mess.. and I loved it! Kudos to all that were present. I'm thankful that when the Drow plan a raid on the surface, they are met with such impressive opposition. I hope that this stream of encounters continues, and that there are more memorable experiences such a this one to come for both sidees. Cheers! :mrgreen:

Trunx

Post by Trunx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:42 am

Ramza wrote:..Suuure. Having 20+ people hop on to fight 7. Please think before making posts like this, it just causes problems for other folk who get the short end of it.
If you're not prepared to fight greater numbers, then don't go raiding the Surface as UDers or UD as Surfacers. Of course the other side isn't going to convene and decide who to send to battle the unknown number of UDers attacking their cities so that everything is "fair."

So, if you get salty over something like that, don't get involved. Problem solved.

All41

Post by All41 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 pm

First of all, big kudos to team good for being good sports about the raid! :D

It's always fun to see team good collaborate and gather that many people for the purpose of defending againsts the drow invasion! I hope people had as much as I did in that conflict and I am looking forward to see what comes next! :twisted:

Extra kudos to Elysia Hawke who gave Kren a hard time about escaping and put up a great fight.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:47 am

Likewise!! That faceoff with Kren was amazing! We were surprisingly evenly matched!

Maybe one day we'll end up in a rematch without the extra reinforcements to save Elysia.

BishopTDK4Q2

Post by BishopTDK4Q2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Just noticed this thread was great surface/UD interaction little Bhukkkaaaa had lots of fun, the female monk played her role to perfection stalling for reinforcements was very very impressive well played to all involved was a lot of fun and great experience to be part of everyone was super cool about it afterwards witch was very refreshing.