Kudos from an Infernalist

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dovesong

Re: Kudos from an Infernalist

Post by Dovesong » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:14 am

*Sends whatever passes for <3 from Ches'riia*

Lyssa is far from Arelith and *still* scared of Lucia.
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:40 am

Best facial expressions ever. It's been a great experience RPing with you. Glad to see this wasn't a farewell.

I'm looking forward to more RP with Sydney without really ever looking directly at her :twisted:
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

Old Kentucky Shark

Post by Old Kentucky Shark » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I've been meaning to reply to this one for a while...

Malveaux/Harrow/Moira/Sabine is probably my absolute favorite Arelith character. I've interacted with her on a number of characters over the years (three of them even made the list!), and I am always in awe of this player's abilities.

It's hard to pin down everything that makes this character so amazing, from the incredibly vivid emotes that draw you fully into each and every scene to the incredible level of effort she puts in to include as many people as possible in her story. Never in all my years of roleplaying have I encountered a villain from whom poured such a vibrant, palpable sense of pure menace. Looking back on some of those scenes still sends a shiver down my spine!

All I can say is that you, Bat, are a true Arelith gem!

BrutalForce48

Post by BrutalForce48 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Sydney is simply a treasure as are you to RP with. Extremely immersive and the detail you go to is astounding. I love your toons and whenever she goes the Arcanum will be lessened. Keep up the fantastic work and I hope I always run into your characters.

Even my recluse adores a mentor of sorts ;)
Current- Kusisqa Kinraysapa, Bolgar Steelshadow
Former- Sol'vyr, Garmr Stonesoul, Kilinus

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am

I'm honored to have made the list with such a short time on Arelith compared to so many amazing people who have so much more history. Your character is one of my favorites, even if we only get to share knowing glances at one another every now and then. ;)

Cheers to the Arch-Malefactrix!

Shaeris

Post by Shaeris » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 am

Man, it really has been a while since Iron Order business hasn't it.

Not gonna lie, those days were just about the most fun I've had on Arelith and I haven't ever had anything replicate it since. Sabine's a great character, even if most my interactions past Katrysa were with characters who have every reason to hate her guts. :D

It's gonna be sad if she gets retired soon but all good things come to an end after all. Take care.
Last edited by Shaeris on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Past Characters: Shaeris Sedranas, Katrysa Seran, Zarune, Nishara Sedranas, Maevren Ebonhawk, Syralen, Sevrana (Disguised), Seradria Della'thar.

DaddysLE

Post by DaddysLE » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 am

Not to put words in her mouth, but I imagine Sydney regards the possibility of being shelved without tremendous enthusiasm.

I still maintain that your warlock is one of the two best characters played in my time on Arelith. Not likely to be another any time soon.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:15 pm

DaddysLE, your out-of-context screengrabs are a special level of sadistic.

I have to defend myself, it was the exit door/transition in an organic/flesh-themed dungeon area, god damn it aaaaa.

Done.

DaddysLE

Post by DaddysLE » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:15 pm
flesh-themed dungeon
;)

Venach

Post by Venach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 pm

I swear I replied and the forum ate my post.

Anyway, best wishes! Sydney was pretty important to Venach's unfinished story. Asmodeus Vult. Syd will be missed.

Conversations With Your Car Alarm

Post by Conversations With Your Car Alarm » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:09 pm

[....and lets go.]

Commissar

Post by Commissar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:28 am

I've said it many, many times before, and I'll keep on saying it until Asmodeus rises and bathes the world in the burning light of His TRUTH.

Sydney/Lucia is absolutely marvellous, and the server's tremendously lucky to have you. Lucia was so thoroughly terrifying that, to this day, I can't think about playing Nikki without developing a nervous twitch.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Four more paragraphs of names since I got back from my break. Again, my greatest praise and appreciation to everyone here (and my greatest apologies if your name slipped my immediate recollection, I'll need to edit more in soon), there's no place out there like the NWN community. Thank you for putting up with shenanigans, and I'm ever looking forward to more.

Done.

ADDK

Post by ADDK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Definitely one of the cooler experiences I've had as a new player. Never thought I'd be casually strutting through the FoD as a lowly level 14 ranger, only to come across a crowd of infernalists. Very intimidating, very classy RP.
Paris Volkova, depression ranger
Gideon Nonagesimus, Squire of the Pallid Mask

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:38 pm

from the moment we first met in your impenetrable disguise i knew instantaneously that our characters were going to be enemies. its been weird ever since (but i refuse to admit having ever been wrong about that, or anything else for that matter).

probably the weirdest moment was when i realized how cool you are on an out of character level. seriously, you are so downright thoughtful and inclusive and not the least bit on-brand for an otherwise devious eugenocidal cultist.

on a more personal level, the fact that you reached out to me on a pretty regular basis while i was on my life-is-crazy hiatus to check in and see how i was doing and offer encouraging words were unexpected gestures of kindness that are probably going to stay with me for the rest of my life. i feel like small things like that say the most about the quality of person that is behind the screen.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:00 am

That's a lot of names.

My decency

Post by My decency » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:02 am

I am 100% so glad that I finally get to interact more with you than in passing as I've done...since so early on. 100/10 player/character. ONE OF THE GOATS FOR SURE <3
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 am

im on there four times HELL yeah

love you bud <3

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:26 pm

You've been my favorite infernalist since the times when you played <REDACTED>. You better believe I'm coming back for more. ;]

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:21 pm

This is kind of cool that you wrote this, because I was saying a few weeks ago how amazing your character - Sydney - is, and how much of an impact she's had on Arelith. What an amazingly terrifying character, and a testament of your ability to RP and forge relationships it is that you can spread that terror without even meeting most, such as my own. Hip hip hooray for the Harrow parade! I hope you continue to be awesome, it's a real pleasure to be witness.

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Complex

Post by Complex » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:11 pm

thank you for all bat <3

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:23 pm

:)

it was fun being able to RP anaria from an angle of vulnerability. what transpired between her and sydney will affect her for a long time to come
Intelligence is too important

Wrips

Post by Wrips » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm

One of the best characters I had the pleasure to interact with. :D

Zan

Post by Zan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Love playing with you Sydney! Or as you prefer it "I'd happily flay you alive and feed you to my experiments"
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"