Pyre Festival Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Gilbert K

Pyre Festival Kudos

Post by Gilbert K » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:48 pm

It pleased me to no end seeing how many people turned out for this (ingame) year's annual Kossuthian Bonfire, AKA the Pyre Festival! Is it an actual Kossuthian ritual? Who knows? Who cares? It is now. You had fun, admit it. I did, thanks to all of you who showed up to share your stories and add fuel to the flame.

You see, the ACTUAL fire was you all along or something. And when you cast the trinkets representing your burdens into the fire, that was actually you, the player, learning more about your character and hopefully growing from the experience or whatever! Or maybe you just showed up to see Edgar shirtless again, in which case I am both pleased and sorry to disappoint you.

Special thanks to Beryl for letting me get away with this every year.

Regular thanks to the Wardens and Heartwood regulars who I love so very much.

Thanks to the Myon elves in general.

Thanks to that guy who stood in the corner most of the time all suspicious-like and sparred with Edgar before leaving. That was fun. I didn't take screenshots, so I forgot your name, sorry. You know who you are.

Also, Rick Snyder was there. That was cool.

Oh, and Oscar One-Eye. Come back soon.

If I'm forgetting anyone, please forgive me and just assume you're up there with the people I love in general. Hope to see you all next (ingame) year!

EDIT: I have been informed there were DMs there, but I don't know which ones. So special thanks to the DMs who came for the event and gave us NPC butterflies which I apparently missed. My source tells me that there were butterflies there, anyways, but I wonder if they weren't supposed to be moths drawn to the flame....either way, thank you!

Memelord

Re: Pyre Festival Kudos

Post by Memelord » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:00 pm

RIP Naertho

Press F to pay respects.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Thanks for having my petal along. It was fun.
Be kind.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:03 pm

I took pictures!

It was nice to see everyone again, both old and new faces. Thank you Edgar for thinking of this and hosting a little party every so often. I always have a blast playing with you and it's fun to see Edgar interact with certain characters.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 am

It was fun! Oscar's last Heartwood event was actually a pyre event as well (maybe the previous one?), when he went with the Dark Heart. Oscar is glad that this one had fewer angry druids, and less bruises on'em.

A shame my power went out at the end there, so I missed a bunch. Was nice chatting up Keara; catching up with old faces and meeting new ones!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 am

This was a fun event. I am really glad that Roo could make it, even if it was just for morale support!

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Thank you for running the event! This was the first event I went to as a player, and it was a lot of fun!