A Grove well served- Ifan Willomen

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Moonlandergames

A Grove well served- Ifan Willomen

Post by Moonlandergames » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 am

Oh jeez this brings the end to my first character on Arelith and I would like to say I am content with how he left and
that he was able to go in a emotional and thoughtful way without death. I plan to keep playing and hope I can keep playing for many more days to come. However I suppose special Kudos are in order.

Bubble Mage - One of the first people that had welcomed me straight off the boat of fleeing Skalard the small hin was a small part in Ifan's story at the start but a good catali that set him to be a Bendir lover and ultimately bringing him to bear for the grove.

Beryl - The big shazam of the grove. One that I sat in awe looking at when I first arrived and couldn't find a perfect time when we both could converse until the Heartstone Crisis. At that point following them around and doing my best even not as the grove until accepted. You have brought perhaps the best starts I could of had into a rp environment and have been nothing but present in character and out of character.

Heartwood Grove- I feel guilty for shoving so many into just this one spot, but if I didn't this post would be a mile long. Welcomed I felt like the wise great uncle for the grove, helping those grove however at the same time helping me understand and grow myself. Tyne, Yashi, Edgar, Alec, Remmy, Ven'ynore, Puddles, Remora, and many many others made my time a blast.

Naertho- I said the whole grove right? Well with Beryl already having her own I suppose it was clear that I lie. Though I did not get to rp the largest amount with them their death and actions felt pivotal in defining Ifan's Ideals and others can contest the first entry of my personal journal said "Honor Naertho"

Bendir- My second family, my home away from home. I don't think I could be more welcome as a non earthkin race there. Despite it being the first place I visited awhile during my time it served as a good place where I can learn about the politics and many of the actual systems of Arelith with Andres and others. To Gully, Pippa, and Swift, you three were Ifan's original friends I like to say.

Arcane Tower- Some of my only regrets is not finishing a few thought lines regarding Myrrh and the tower. But other then that I would like to say the many archmages there are always a blast to rp with and all top notch lads and ladies.

DM Avalon Soul- Due to his involvement during the heartstone crisis he was the DM most often dealt with on my end and every time he has been either helpful or informative or both!

There are many others not listed and I appreciated every and all that I have rp'd with. You all had a good role in showing perhaps one of the most welcoming, diverse, and quality role playing experiences that I have ever experienced in my years. I am eager to create a new character to experience more either with those I have found or perhaps the lands that I have not yet dipped my toes in. Until then as always. Earthmother's Blessings Carry you.

Hello Sandman

Preytoria

Re: A Grove well served- Ifan Willomen

Post by Preytoria » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 am

So little time, but so much impact! That's how I view Ifan. Thanks for being such a friendly player and awesome character. Ifan more or less inspired my character to join the Grove, so if Remmy ever accomplishes anything, you can take credit for it. I would have loved to keep being that foolish but well-meaning character who seeks advice from the wiser senior, but I respect your decision! Also, I died laughing every time I saw your character's portrait. Good luck!

Gilbert K

Post by Gilbert K » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:56 am

Thank you for letting us be part of your character's story. I think I speak on behalf of all of us when I say that your next character will go on to do great things. If you do, it's because we taught you everything you know. And if you don't, we can't be held responsible. We tried.

But seriously, you made me cry a bit IRL with your farewell, and you've impacted us a lot in your short time with us. Ifan was like a son to us. Or an uncle.

A soncle.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next adventure.

-The dingdong who plays Edgar

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:00 am

I noticed Ifan a lot prior to the Heartstone event, either in town or out and about. Beryl was generally on her way to do something when walking by. I was very impressed by your roleplay during the divination event and when we worked to try and cleanse the poisoned ponds. Like I’ve said before, a great bit of fun for me was to throw Ifan into a situation and see how he’d handle it/react. I did that because you’re a special kind of player. You roll and adapt incredibly well, especially for someone who is new to the server.

I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with Ifan. My only regret is that I wish I could’ve thrown him into even more situations and watched him learn. Oftentimes, I feel like when I’m online, I have to constantly be doing something to entertain our folks. But with Ifan, I really felt like just sitting underneath the tree and talking was okay to do or that I wasn’t boring you.

Ifan was also the first druid that has parted ways with us in the way you chose to do. Most of the time, people just stop showing up and we never see them again. But you chose to involve us in your story and make something memorable for us and our characters. Watching Ifan go was hard, but I’m glad I was able to be part of it.

I’m going to miss playing with you, really. I hope in some distant or not-so-distant future, we’ll end up playing together again. Keep in touch and I hope you continue to have fun on your future characters. I’m always here if you need me OOCly, I mean that.

Piri

Post by Piri » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:14 am

Going to miss bumping into Ifan out and about. I hope I get to meet your creation soon!

Isabella Mender.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm

It's sad to hear Ifan is going to part ways... but, it will be good to see what you bring in next!
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Rhavin76

Post by Rhavin76 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:22 pm

Farewell , Ifan will be missed . Always loved roleplaying with him.

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:13 pm

oh wow, thats really sad.. good luck with your next character though :) Shanna will certainly miss him
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example