Lyric Level 30 Kudos Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lyric Moonwhisper

Lyric Level 30 Kudos Thread

Post by Lyric Moonwhisper » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:12 am

Wow... This is going to be a very long list! I find it necessary to mention that my OOC memory is as bad as my character's and many may not be mentioned simply because I forgot the character's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skaljard Crew: I'm going to start this list off with the very first group of individuals I met around November of 2018. I will never forget the feeling of sitting around the campfire as a community and talking about anything from our recent writs to impending pirate attacks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[*]Ferff- the very first of Lyric's close friends, and an amazing person OOC who really helped me to get the hang of NWN in general. This cute little gnome didn't speak common well, but had a heart of... Oak? Anyways, Ferff isn't around anymore, but
Lyric and many of his friends will always remember him.

[*]Corym Wintermoon- Introduced to Lyric by Ferff when Lyric asked Ferff where to find hardwood (like I said, new to the game!). Corym the carpenter is/was a grumpy old elf, who became a great OOC and IC friend. Corym also became the (not) Sheriff of Skal, and is often considered to have done the best job at enforcing any sort of order on the frozen island. He and Lyric hosted a festival of sorts to celebrate the opening of the sea passages to the mainland and it was an absolute blast! Lyric's first ever involvement in an organized event and he really made me feel like a true bard for the first time. Incredible character and person, I'm very excited to see him returning to Arelith.

[*]Katen Sterling- Corym's partner (soon to be married!), and an incredible RPer whom has become one of Lyric's best friends (and another OOC friend) since the beginning. Katen has really come into her own of late and her insatiable curiosity is always getting her into some incredibly fun trouble. Katen is Lyric's most staunch supporter whenever he is feeling down, and they have shared many a therapy session going both ways!

[*]Echo / Zahl of many alts- Outstanding role player, and victim of at least a gazillion NWN questions on the daily, Zahl is simply amazing. Welcome back to Arelith after your break. I am incredibly excited to see what amazing characters and builds you will come up with next!

[*]Mazrim Dak'sul- Lyric's first ever writ buddy! This wizard didn't say much, but it probably balanced out with all of Lyric's rambling. I hope you are doing alright buddy, would love to play with you again if you ever come back.

[*]Vrugdish- Lyric's second ever writ buddy! Vrugdish was always a pleasure to play with, a lovable half-orc that will never be forgotten. Safe travels friend, I hope to see you again some day.

[*]Halvus Halverson- A very skilled dwarven RPer who had a large impact on Lyric early on. Lyric's smithing tutor and a mentor, Halvus will forever have left a mark on the spoiled brat turned man.

[*]Theo Dragonsbane- Theo, introduced to Lyric by Corym, remains to this day one of his closest friends. He is also almost solely responsible for shortening Lyric's life by decades with the never ending jump scares! It is always a pleasure to see you in game and I look forward to many more days of dragon slaying with Mr. Dragonsbane himself.

[*]Shayleth- Second mate of Captain L's crew and a staunch ally through thick and thin. Your RP is always top notch and it is always incredibly fun to just go out lopping limbs or bashing skulls with you.

[*]Arien Klennald- Fantastic RPer and a pillar of the Guldorand community, Arien is a great friend of Lyric's. You're absolutely fanatical in your devotion to Tempus, and it is perfect! One of the coolest battle-priests I've met, and when you finally finish that paperwork maybe we can go on another adventure!

[*]Roarax- Oh boy... Where to even start with this lovable oaf!? He's the first mate of Captain L's crew, and a perfect example of how to make a low intelligence character really shine. Your RP is among the best I've seen, and Roarax is by far the better story teller between he and Lyric! Can't wait to go on an adventure with you again soon!

[*]Satior- Lyric's second mentor, and one of the kindest characters I've ever met. I will always cherish the hours spent sitting around a table and learning the elven language letter by letter. Your RP is excellent and I always look forward to interacting with your new characters.

[*]Eliath- Eliath has perhaps undergone more character development than anyone else I've met in game. From an evil necromancer to a student of Jergal with questionable morals to a high priest, your story has been a huge redemption arc. It has been a pleasure playing with you and I can't wait to see how much more Eliath can grow.

[*]Horbag- Another insane redemption arc, Horbag is another wonderfully well developed character. Something in particular that really stands out is your ability to create RP for others. From running the Frozen Trading Company to your new endeavor to create an institution of learning in Cordor, you are always bringing new people in and providing a community for them. Fantastic work and I cannot wait to see what you do next!

[*]Elrithrulia Thielle- OG First mate of Captain L's crew, it sure has been a roller-coaster RPing with you. Fantastic RPer, amazing character, and the single most impactful person in Lyric's story so far. When Elrith first revealed her secret to Lyric on the Penny Rose, there was no telling what was going to happen between them next. Lyric's principles were challenged, at odds with his feelings, and events could not have unfolded in a more perfect way. When she became enslaved the day Lyric was to profess his feelings, it was truly something that changed him. A new chapter of his story, the effort to try and save his best friend led him to do many risky things and make many new friends in the process. It is because of Elrith that Lyric has become so effective at gathering information, and so determined in his new mission to save as many as he can. It has led him to make connections with other influential characters and really step into his own as a person. Even still, their friendship will be tested and anything could happen. I cannot wait to see what happens next, and I've already got my popcorn ready!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Nomad and Cordor: Lyric's first job was at the Nomad and Cordor continues to be his one true home in Arelith to this day. I've spent more time in this beautiful mess of a city than anywhere else and there is always something interesting going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[*]Ivy Pebbletoe- First person Lyric ever met after leaving Skaljard, and she gave him such a warm welcome that he knew right off the bat that Cordor was for him. Safe travels Ivy, I hope you come back to Arelith someday soon.

[*]Neli Ore- Oof! From close friend to heart wrenching betrayal, Lyric is still feeling the whiplash! You were the first person to show him around Cordor, and also the first person that broke his trust... I loved every minute of it! Neli as a character is super creepy, yet it is easy to mistake for mere eccentricity, which really is one of the best parts about her. Neli has really made waves in Cordor with the Black Wedding, and is probably still public enemy #1! It's both amazing and unfortunate as it really makes it difficult to have RP encounters between Lyric and her, and OOC me really wants those! Stay awesome and feel proud, because Neli is a great character.

[*]Wotan Woodbury- Hang in there boss! Wotan gave Lyric his first job and provided the perfect opportunity for the bard to do bard things. He has been a pillar of the Cordor community for a long time now and is always a joy to RP with. No matter what happens or has happened, I will always fondly remember the experiences shared with Wotan.

[*]Everyone that worked alongside Lyric in the Nomad- Most of you have come and gone, but the Nomad is often referred to as the beating heart of Cordor for a reason. That reason is each and everyone of you, no matter how long you stayed in employ.

[*]Qina/Ennala/Nora- Lyric's first bard buddy and a close friend as well. You may not play Qina anymore but we've become great friends OOC, and I am really enjoying Nora! P.S. You did such an amazing job RPing attaining that new summoning stream and I am very proud!

[*]Myrrh- Such a fascinating character concept and well executed to boot. Though we never had many conversations (which I regret) I still miss her. P.S. I don't remember your new character's name, so you should send me a tell some time!

[*]Emily Azuretide- Top notch RPer and just as awesome OOC, it seems as if Lyric and she never really get a chance to talk because they are both so busy! Emily is definitely one of the best developed and complex characters on the server. She is constantly creating new RP opportunities for everyone and has a real knack for not letting anyone feel left out in a conversation. P.S. We need to /actually/ make time to hang out soon!

[*]Rick Snyder- A very influential character who is capable of just about anything. Rick is not afraid of making enemies (and he has about a gazillion of them) to get what he wants, and is my favorite take of a shady politician in the whole server.

[*]The Magnificent Miranda Magna- My personal favorite bard in all of Arelith and one of the coolest characters I know. Miranda is a stellar role-player and one of my all time favorites to spend time with IC. She has presented Lyric with the perfect opportunity to kick-start the next chapter of his story as a member of the Fool's Clover and I'm so excited to see what happens next! Lyric was in a bit of a slump ever since his close friend had been enslaved, but you have made being a bard exciting again. P.S. The songs that you are sharing with Lyric is perhaps the best gift anyone could give, because I'm terrible at finding good ones myself :D.

[*]Olivia Van Graf- I've said "One of the most" a lot in this thread, but it is very clear to me that she is /the/ most fun character in the server to RP with as Lyric. Olivia is the most endearing and quirky character I've met and never seems to run out of ideas for something new and exciting to do. I have never been bored when Olivia was in the room, and I am always looking forward to the next opportunity to log on and meet up. Lyvia seems to be going strong so far and I never expected to have so much fun with a RP relationship. P.S. We still have a giant squid to catch and cook!

Other Mentions: It's getting very late so I may be making more mentions soon!

[*]Vicko Tannel and Miesha/Amaliskya- Alright, scratch that, you two deserve plenty of praise! Both incredibly key in helping Lyric get through his slump, and giving him purpose and the means to make a difference. You know exactly what I'm talking about, so I'll leave that bit as it is! Both of these players are well loved my many and for good reason. Also, I'm very excited to spend more time with the new Amaliskya!

[*]Remmy Reyne- A new friend, but one that is very quickly becoming a best friend. Another of the best RPers on the server, he is interesting, clever, thought-provoking, and an excellent example of how a neutral aligned character can shine. He also has good fashion sense and is /totally/ the best relationship counselor *Wink wink nudge nudge*. Whether or not you decide to keep playing Remmy, I really look forward to seeing what you do next.

[*]Hexflaerin- Such a kind, compassionate, pure, and innocent priestess of Hanali *wink nudge wink* . Hex is ever becoming one of Lyric's closest friends and most trusted allies after recent events. Consistently fantastic RP and an absolute joy to play with.

[*]Jared Oster- *Gasps* Really?! Mhm, Jared is probably the only character in my entire experience playing Lyric to have truly despised him. It started simple and had begun to grow into some seriously interesting conflict that had quite an impact on Lyric's personality. The entire time I never took it personally, which means he executed the disdain very well. OOC much love, IC *glares*

[*]Jacetuhn Nerelith- *Que Lion King music for various reasons* Jace is the bane of Cordorian law, a good-natured trouble-maker that had me laughing nonstop for about half an hour over his great deals and subsequent cat and mouse with Leon. Such potential in this character, and he's only just begun.

[*]Fabian and Genevieve- These two characters are masters of painting a picture with their words. The details and subtleties of their mannerisms are truly inspiring, and something to aspire to. Fabian and Genevieve are both mysterious, and have many very well kept secrets. Everytime I learn something new about them, I feel as if I've just scratched the surface. Bravo to both of you.

[*]Guldorand Crew- You guys rock and really know how to throw a party! Lyric may be a Cordorian at heart, but Guldorand will always be dear to him because of the amazing community you have built.

First forum post, so please forgive me for the sleepy formatting :D

Lyric Moonwhisper

Re: Lyric Level 30 Kudos Thread

Post by Lyric Moonwhisper » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:20 am

Sleepy last minute shout-outs to Giogi, Jericho, Parchir, Meriida, Perum, Nick, Gelberath, Rivis, Ecthelion, Jacob Swift, Astra Starlock, Angela Amana, Ayra Greencloak, Isabel, Tanar, Cassius Sjeckyik, *cough* Berenor, Perfidia, Agatha, Julien, Lladria, and likely more to come soon!
Last edited by Lyric Moonwhisper on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 am

Captain L is rad.
Kraken fishing instruction manual - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjDuQ7O9XUo

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 am

Lyric need to sing more like "Beer, beer, beer!"
Arelith has serious need for more bards and anyone who wish to play one should take example from Lyric!
If I could only get rid of the Fool's Clover from the Cordor so the Nomad can have all of him for itself...
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Zeskay

Post by Zeskay » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 am

Glad to have been part of Lyric's amazing journey. It's been great to see his growth, and can't wait to see what's next for him. Miesha may have been mad, and yelled at him at a length the day they met, but she did it out of concern. He became one of the few in her very short list of friends. As for Kya, she'll be eternally grateful for what Lyric did, and will continue to remind him how appreciative she is for the rest of his days.

BaRKyy

Post by BaRKyy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:52 am

<3 <3 <3 always been fun to play around :)
Jacetuhn Nerelith
Locksryn Vista
Banjo Morgan
Che Firenze
Sly Laenarys
James Hightower

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:53 am

Congratulations on 30 (finally)! Lyric is a real treat and anyone who gets the chance should RP with him.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Sathiroth

Post by Sathiroth » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Glad to have been part of Lyric's development and will still continue to be so as long as T is alive, that being said. I'm looking forward to what the next chapter of his story has in store.

P.s. Prepare for even more scares.

Belfryn - Retired

Rotary
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Rotary » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Always enjoy it when Lyric is around, congratulations on 30.

MrHishprung

Post by MrHishprung » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Truly, a great time i've spent in game. I miss that time on island. Now everytime i visit Skal i see a empty village despite new players/characters.
Maybe someday we all will meet again near that campfire.

And hats off to Lyric, great bard and Eliath's close friend. Cant wait to venture with you again - without help of my speechless "friends".
Esta - Active Main
Queen of Penguins Lyne'arra - Semi-active Alt
Xyrmoira "Ghost" - Semi-active Alt
Eliath Jaluisurr - Shelved
Vegs - Shelved

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm

[*]Jared Oster- *Gasps* Really?! Mhm, Jared is probably the only character in my entire experience playing Lyric to have truly despised him. It started simple and had begun to grow into some seriously interesting conflict that had quite an impact on Lyric's personality. The entire time I never took it personally, which means he executed the disdain very well. OOC much love, IC *glares*
Lyric.. Cyric.. Coincidence? Not if you ask Jared. OOCly alot of fun whenever I get to run into him, though. Keep it up! Much love.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Stories in stories in stories in stories, yeah? Russian dolls of narratives.

Keep being excellent. You're doing a good.

- Fabian-player.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:45 pm

I always had so much fun with you, man! I am really glad I met and, we started to talk OOC on Discord about anything! You became good friend of mine, truly!

Nikko
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nikko » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Great character all around and perfectly played. I seriously had his life expectancy at about 2 weeks when we first met. So cool to see him go through so much and grow and become a badass is his own right.
Vicko Tannel, First Knight of Darrowdeep
You know there was always that one kid in your class that maybe liked horses a little too much? That's him.

helitron

Post by helitron » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 pm

Lyric is a well-rounded and super-inclusive character. Always great fun to interact and do stupid stuff IG. Maybe one of the few reasons for Shay to leave his house.
Most importantly - there is a great player behind that Lyric dude. Keep it up mate!

Rolled characters:
William Bones; Durk Rotgrun; Hector Bartholomew; Rali Runehammer; Daris Blake; Nathaniel Silvers; Mordarok; Guy Silvers; Shayleth Shadowblood

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:43 pm

ber ber ber
Yes I can sign

Sofawiel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Sofawiel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:25 pm
Stories in stories in stories in stories, yeah? Russian dolls of narratives.

Keep being excellent. You're doing a good.

- Fabian-player.
We need russian nesting dolls that ~look like lyric and each one recites a different poem but if you turn them upside down you discover they are made of papier mache and the paper used was all torn up rough drafts at new tales and songs.

Or we can just keep Lyric I guess ;)

Keep up the fun!

Zahlfire
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Zahlfire » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Very happy to have met Lyric when I did. One of my favorite bards, I just wish our characters could have the chance to RP more with each other. Perhaps that will change with Runa. Looking forward to fun times with Lyric! :D!
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 pm

:)
Intelligence is too important

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:55 am

Lyric is best boy.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:36 am

Congrats on 30 ! Enjoyable character and player, always a pleasure to see you around.

Arienette

Post by Arienette » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Arien's OG homeboy, Lyric.

Best bard ever, for sure.

Lyric is one of a small handful of people that can make me step foot in Cordor!

Lyric Moonwhisper

Post by Lyric Moonwhisper » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments, witty remarks, and the hilarious video! Lyric reaching level 30 is only the beginning, and he has lots of ideas for what to do next.