Raudan Hollow

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

magistrasa

Raudan Hollow

Post by magistrasa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:21 am

The Sharran faction is a strange beast in that it's never really had centralized leadership and has never really designed for it - what happens instead is that leaders emerge from different isolated corners of the faith and come together in various collaborative efforts. I feel genuinely lucky that Raudan Hollow came up as one of those leaders early on in this iteration of the faction. Time after time, his character has provided inspiration and motivation for the people around him to accomplish awesome things that otherwise might never have even been attempted, and his personality often provided the levity to disarm stressful situations and the down-to-earth perspective to really get things moving in a productive direction. Raudan hasn't always been easy to work with from an in-character standpoint, but he's always been fun to be in the same room with.

Beyond that, I've had the pleasure of collaborating with the player in an out-of-character standpoint, and I really felt like this was someone who put a tremendous amount of effort in including people in his roleplay and really thinking about the impact of the stories he told alongside other people. I'm not one to really interact with people in OOC channels with much frequency, but every once in a while we'd hold the rare conversation that would just reaffirm the fact that this is someone who's committed to making things fun for the people around him. It's genuinely admirable, and has made for some really fantastic roleplay opportunities.

I appreciate the effort this player has put into the world with the character Raudan Hollow, and I know they've made my time more enjoyable. Thanks for everything, shadow daddy!

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Petrifictus

Re: Raudan Hollow

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

The Nomad miss one of its very best patrons, always loved the RP between Wotan and Raudan at the bar. Please allow Shadow Daddy to visit the Cordor for one pint of beer at least and it will surely be safe from any raids. Beside he's the mage who casted illusion sitting on tap of Rick Snyder at the bar, which was hilarious!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:59 pm

* Slams his fist across his chest * " Blood and Honor , Raudan "
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

As Zaravella, it was tough to see Raudan Hollow be harrassed and killed at the old arcane tower, I felt he belonged in the tower, even if he is such an evil mage. I hope we get him back on the Surface world... my interaction with him is brief across many other characters. But, yes, agree with the post above, very many Kudos indeed.

Looking forward to more.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Raudan was the source of a bunch of RP for Isak lately with his sponsorship of the recent masquerade. I really appreciate when players see other people's RP and find ways to build on it, as Raudan did with the masquerade. I could tell the player wanted to create inclusive fun for as many people as possible. Keep it up!

Preytoria

Post by Preytoria » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Raudan definitely deserves credit for not only creating fun for others but ensuring others get to do their thing to. Always helpful and always down to play from what I've seen. Good stuff!

RapidReload

Post by RapidReload » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Every single person Raudan interacted with deserve the Kudos.
Lorelei: who convinced a very unhappy Raudan to get involved in the underdark and join the Erudite.
Sojourner: Raudan's brother. From the time they met they were two peas in a rotting, shadowy pod.
Sydney Harrow: Always ready with that straight faced rp, a fountain of lore and general goodies, Raudan was proud to be counted among her peers.
Bella Isley: Raudan's apprentice who he watched grow into a powerful Keeper. Had a lot of fun RP teaching her the lore of the dungeons of the underdark, and how to Wizard the Raudan Hollow way. (Spoiler it's pretty much like Evil Ash from Army of Darkness)
Aellowyn: This toon was just hands down fun, always. From the period where Raudan owed her 9 visits to Red Dragon, to her always wanting to fight in the arena, inspiring Raudan to host those Combat Courses.
Lyria Ashvane: What can I say I just loved watching this slave girl develop into a free woman, and it was really neat to get to be the one to promote her.
Wotan Woodberry/Horbag: Raudan's two best normie friends. Wotan's bar was the thread keeping him from going super villain, and when he lost access to that, he went full bad guy.
Etchtheloin: While he and Raudan only had a few chance encounters, they were interesting.
The Rest of The Sharrans, and/or Other Shadowy professionals: What a fantastic and creative group of people, the fact that it all got as big as it did, and still had so much room for group input is a testament to how great all these players are.
My fingers hurt, and I can't feasibly do a Kudos for every person on the server, so I'll see you next toon!

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Raudan was quick to meet with Ravares to scheme which was neat. A great player looking to make action and roleplay for the collective.

If only drow weren't destined to be such jerks >:(

Thanks for being so cool!
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Aellowyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aellowyn » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am

Raudan was always fun. Still remember the first time Aellowyn came across him on Burning Shores and couldn't understand why her whole party was wary of this strange mage with his mummies. If he was evil, he was the most laid back evil, with a with a fun sense of humor.

"Raudan!" He will be missed.

<redacted> Main
<redacted> Drow Alt
<redacted> Slave Alt
<redacted> Elf Alt
<rolled> Barbaric Elf Alt
<redacted> Alts of alts alt