The Affairs of a temple.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Royal Blood

The Affairs of a temple.

Post by Royal Blood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 am

Oh there's so much i'd like to say here but i'll keep it vague for the sake of FOIG!

Thanks to DM Wish and the temple affiliates, Zuel'sul, Isasndra, Zelos, Rae, Iymosk and Razafein.

I hadn't expected this to go anywhere quite yet so to have the first ritual kick off with such drama was amazing. The build up to what was at the start a rather simple event has been months in the works all derived from IC books and happenings.

I'll share one screen shot!

It was a very neat event focused around using rolls and RP it was so in-depth and such a surprise for something that began as pretty much a shot in the dark.

I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Preytoria

Re: The Affairs of a temple.

Post by Preytoria » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:37 am

This was probably my favorite DM event I've seen since playing. It was brought upon by player RP and only encouraged further RP with other PLAYERS. I like when DMs help stir things up and set players on a path or fill in holes in the game's limited mechanics. In this case, it was both. Seriously well done.

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:34 am

It was a great fun time, enjoyed it lots!
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Vylarah

Post by Vylarah » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm

I got YEETed across the room... twice!

Thanks Wish! Was Awesome!
Current Character: Artemis Baatori
Current Alt: ???

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Aniel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 am

I stayed up way too late for this and ended up sleeping pretty much a full day after. It was a fantastic evening though and plenty of fun. Those that were involved were awesome whether you've been around since the beginning of the investigation or your first experience was the ritual.

DM Wish did wonderful and truly added to something that in my mind was already going well, something like that is very hard to achieve and deserves commendation when executed as well as it was. If someone were telling me the story of how that played out I probably would think to myself 'wow that sounds really cool but I bet it was much more boring in practice'. Having been there though, whew, there was not a single dull moment. <3